Pages:
Author

Topic: Cheating in Bounties/Airdrops - page 3. (Read 1407 times)

Activity: 64
Merit: 0
November 07, 2018, 03:42:47 AM
Hi,

I am a bounty hunter and i have realized that almost all the bounties are being flooded by some morons who use one person's BTC id, other person's fb/twitter, and put their own ERC address.

They may be using some kind of bots to do that.

What i think he/they are doing is that they have made a list of btc address, fb address, twitter address, and telegram and then use them in bounties and airdrops. They have made some kind of automation software that now do it for them and they take up all the spots in the Airdrops, bounties etc.
They just flood them, put their own ERC20 entries in them while using other's address.

With that they don't have to worry because their ERC address can't be traced to their identity as the rest of the info is all fake.

I have found my BTC id used at quiet a few bounties now which i never applied. Same with my twitter and fb address.

I know that a few bounties are now asking for proof of authentication post but not all of them.

With the growing security issues in BTC can't we start Google 2 factor authentication for our profile as it also has been attacked and also what can be the solution to these kind of scammers ?

yeah, I agree that over 90% airdrop is cheating, bullshit, meaningless. Now I don't participate any more
Activity: 336
Merit: 1
November 07, 2018, 03:40:05 AM
Though I haven't catch anyone impersonating me on any bounty or airdrop spreadsheet but maybe there are some. I have seen people complaining about impostors on bounty group but I think there are two ways by which this ugly trend can be corrected, firstly proof of authentication on bounty thread and secondly Kyc, though Kyc doesn't go down well with majority of bounty hunters so proof of authentication is the best to nip the ugly trend in the bud
Activity: 462
Merit: 103
November 07, 2018, 03:28:50 AM
Yes, I went into one bounty and there in the spreadsheets I found my accounts that were used by someone else. The bounty manager can delete me for multi accounts since there will be a match and the current eth address will be different. And to combat this, we created proof of authentication in the airdrops. But here on the forum for such a ban for one week and that is why it became a lot of bots there in airdrop. If there are 100 thousand participants in the airdrop, then there are more than half of the bots spammers.
Activity: 868
Merit: 106
November 07, 2018, 03:18:33 AM
I also experienced this in following the bounty campaign, they took my e-mail and my Bitcointalk profile, while at ERC20 address, they have it, this is very detrimental, I think the manager will lose trust in me, or I will be considered spam. But I have reported it to the bounty manager that I followed.
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
November 07, 2018, 03:04:04 AM
That is quite painful, the way they do to get some money through a bad way. I think that not forgive able. They wish to get something by making someone else working for them.
Activity: 352
Merit: 100
Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!
November 07, 2018, 02:59:04 AM
Hi,

I am a bounty hunter and i have realized that almost all the bounties are being flooded by some morons who use one person's BTC id, other person's fb/twitter, and put their own ERC address.

What i think he/they are doing is that they have made a list of btc address, fb address, twitter address, and telegram and then use them in bounties and airdrops. They have made some kind of automation software that now do it for them and they take up all the spots in the Airdrops, bounties etc.
They just flood them, put their own ERC20 entries in them while using other's address.

With that they don't have to worry because their ERC address can't be traced to their identity as the rest of the info is all fake.

I have found my BTC id used at quiet a few bounties now which i never applied. Same with my twitter and fb address.

I know that a few bounties are now asking for proof of authentication post but not all of them.

With the growing security issues in BTC can't we start Google 2 factor authentication for our profile as it also has been attacked and also what can be the solution to these kind of scammers ?

The solution here is very much simple. Every cheater has their own specific way to be traced. Whether it is by a transaction, same wallet upon registration, time stamp of registration. Also, the forum has been strict regarding this matter. Most of the moderators are checking campaigns once in a while to check for potential account farmers and cheaters lurking.
Activity: 840
Merit: 252
November 07, 2018, 02:46:38 AM
There are many scammers like them here in bitcointalk but how to find out if you were being used or your account were used in bounty hunting and among other things like using their own ERC wallet instead of your own? That's ridiculous. I have not check yet any of my campaign and other bounties thread if they used mine but I will check it from now on.
Activity: 966
Merit: 111
November 07, 2018, 02:42:12 AM
Indeed, now many people cheat on the bounty. Many use someone else's account. It's actually very troubling, because the owner of a personal account certainly does not know anything when other people use the account. A good solution for bounty is to use proof of authentication. to avoid using someone else's account.
Activity: 882
Merit: 301
November 07, 2018, 02:40:30 AM
This is the danger of having open or public spreadsheets from different bounties and airdrops. It becomes easier for scammers to cheat the system. It happened to me many times during my active airdrop days. It is really a pain if you even have to prove your identity to get airdrop or bounty tokens since someone also used your info.
What are u even talking about?! KYC is not on an open spreadsheet?! If there is no open bounty sheet, then how can people know the stakes are accurate?! You sound like one of the troll scammers with such statements

What the heck are you even talking about? I am only talking about the danger of having everyone seeing the spreadsheet since scammers can also see other people's information and you talking about KYC? Even saying I am a Troll? Scammer?
Activity: 238
Merit: 15
November 07, 2018, 02:39:34 AM
Cheating in bounties and Airdrops is not a good thing but most people in this forum do engage in such acts. these days most bounty managers require users to make an authentication post before you can participate in their bounties and I believe this is a good way to curb the rate of cheaters that participate in bounties and airdrops.
Not a good way to control scammers, because they have control of many accounts and WORKERS to manage them accounts. Scamming bounty is a new industry!! They can authenticate different accounts behind a VPN...
Activity: 238
Merit: 15
November 07, 2018, 02:36:37 AM
This is the danger of having open or public spreadsheets from different bounties and airdrops. It becomes easier for scammers to cheat the system. It happened to me many times during my active airdrop days. It is really a pain if you even have to prove your identity to get airdrop or bounty tokens since someone also used your info.
What are u even talking about?! KYC is not on an open spreadsheet?! If there is no open bounty sheet, then how can people know the stakes are accurate?! You sound like one of the troll scammers with such statements
Activity: 392
Merit: 10
Fast, Smart, Trustworthy
November 07, 2018, 02:30:13 AM
This is also a problem for all of us, because now we have no way to give these fraudsters any punishment, this is the status quo of the cryptocurrency market!
Activity: 882
Merit: 301
November 07, 2018, 02:28:16 AM
Activity: 476
November 07, 2018, 02:22:24 AM
The only way to avoid this are tracing them and ban the account if they have here in BTT or Making a ban list of Ethereum who do cheat in bounties. Making a new rules in bounties can help too. This is why other Airdrop and Bounty are now asking for KYC and I'm against on it that's why we need a rules to avoid those spammers.
Activity: 749
Merit: 13
November 07, 2018, 02:11:07 AM
cheating campaigns by stealing profile links such as bitcointalk accounts, facebook, twitter and other more often occur, even content campaigns such as blogs are often rigged by some people who like to steal their work. really sad and difficult to eradicate it. maybe we should put the btc or eth address in our bitcointalk account profile and always report directly to the manager if we find a fraud.
But now many bounty manager that requires submit POA and also submit the google form. And there is also hide the spreadsheet. It is actually also good for protecting the privacy of the participants but the bad side is we can't monitor the results of what we do. That really confused me.
Activity: 1764
Merit: 505
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
November 07, 2018, 02:02:00 AM
Hi,

You need to be vigilant always before applying in a Campaigns check the spreadsheet first so that you will know if someone using your Btt username,if you see scammers using your username or any social media profile links report to the manager directly so that they will make a action and ban those scammers because Bounty Manager's are aware about cheaters in the Campaigns,and we cannot stop scammers stealing our identity to apply in a Campaign that is lazy persons habit they are happy if someone suffer of what there doing.
Activity: 742
November 07, 2018, 01:40:30 AM
that way the task of the bounty manager gets heavier because they cannot find fraudulent accounts one by one, and for participants who honestly do bounties, it is certainly less fun

i think there is a way to eliminate the multiple accounts that are scattered in one campaign. People nowadays are just lazy, stealing someone's identity to gain the reward..
Activity: 686
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
November 07, 2018, 01:01:26 AM
Hi,

Scammer/ cheater always become part of this on line world, we can't stop them. They already prepare for the worst and work with very careful, something we don't have ( mostly ). Report them not helping but at lest can give us space. I only suggest we all to protect our data/ asset with the best we can do. Never share IP/ device with others and always check link before decides to click.
Activity: 625
Merit: 125
November 07, 2018, 12:51:38 AM
Hi,

I have seen this as well. Several tactics that these bounty scammers use:
1. They will mirror/copy your name/bounty details with a different eth address in the bounty. Objective is either you get disqualified in the bounty OR the admin might send them your bounty to the 2nd account in the list therefore, you lose your bounty.
2. Creating multiple accounts in the bounty. This we all know.

Check the bounty list always and inform the bounty admin when you see this.
Activity: 476
November 07, 2018, 12:48:39 AM
Hi,

Cheating is not really a good move for anyone. So do not cheat because if you cheat you will not be succeed because you will not get learn the good ways on how to reach your goal in this business. Try to make on your own ways on how to be wiser and not to make people hurt. There are some people who used to cheat other people but in the end they will not be succeed.
Pages:
Jump to: