Pages:
Author

Topic: Cheating in Bounties/Airdrops - page 6. (Read 1407 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 101
November 06, 2018, 11:08:27 AM
Hi,

I am a bounty hunter and i have realized that almost all the bounties are being flooded by some morons who use one person's BTC id, other person's fb/twitter, and put their own ERC address.

They may be using some kind of bots to do that.

What i think he/they are doing is that they have made a list of btc address, fb address, twitter address, and telegram and then use them in bounties and airdrops. They have made some kind of automation software that now do it for them and they take up all the spots in the Airdrops, bounties etc.
They just flood them, put their own ERC20 entries in them while using other's address.

With that they don't have to worry because their ERC address can't be traced to their identity as the rest of the info is all fake.

I have found my BTC id used at quiet a few bounties now which i never applied. Same with my twitter and fb address.

I know that a few bounties are now asking for proof of authentication post but not all of them.

With the growing security issues in BTC can't we start Google 2 factor authentication for our profile as it also has been attacked and also what can be the solution to these kind of scammers ?

I have also found using my Eth address in some bounties that I didn't participate. Making my account vulnerable on being red trust for the thing I didn't do. Bounty campaigns should really require a proof of authentication to prevent multiple accounts and fakes. I wish also that bots should be eliminated in this forum since it would hurt the reputation of the forum. Well, can't blame cheaters on what they're doing since life is hard.
copper member
Activity: 448
Merit: 0
StableDex | Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective
November 06, 2018, 11:07:08 AM
I see lot of moron truly in bounty using other people profile to get reward and I even have one that copy every thing the the real person did to the level of medium campaign that only require clap and follow so I see them as a loser because I have them and take do expose them in any bounty I participated in but allow them to do all till last day and expose them if admin didn't get them to show them that the time used to copied others work can simply be used to do their own and get rewarded for it but copy others work will only give them nothing at last but they fail to learn .
Activity: 2828
Merit: 357
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
November 06, 2018, 11:06:23 AM
I think it doesn't really needed a bot, anyone has simply put their ETH address and impersonate someone. Been a victim myself and quickly call the attention of the bounty manager, however, and his very quick to removed that impersonator. However, I had a bad experienced from one manager who doesn't care, been telling him for weeks but still my he didn't do anything that's why I left that campaign.

It's simply. Bounty Managers or his/her assistant can just check for multiply entries and even you can search the spreadsheet and immediately call their attention.
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
November 06, 2018, 11:02:50 AM
I hope that ALL bounties and airdrop will require proof of autentification here on forum so multiaccounts and people that uses other accounts are out. I always receive email that I joined airdrops with other credential because some multiaccount uses my email for that.. I try to block him but there's no way unfortunately.
Activity: 406
Merit: 1
November 06, 2018, 10:58:50 AM
The main reason is that bounty and airdrop required no money it just effort and you are only paid for your effort so they concentrate majorly on those that give them money.
brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 0
November 06, 2018, 10:47:02 AM
Hi,

I am a bounty hunter and i have realized that almost all the bounties are being flooded by some morons who use one person's BTC id, other person's fb/twitter, and put their own ERC address.

What i think he/they are doing is that they have made a list of btc address, fb address, twitter address, and telegram and then use them in bounties and airdrops. They have made some kind of automation software that now do it for them and they take up all the spots in the Airdrops, bounties etc.
They just flood them, put their own ERC20 entries in them while using other's address.

With that they don't have to worry because their ERC address can't be traced to their identity as the rest of the info is all fake.

I have found my BTC id used at quiet a few bounties now which i never applied. Same with my twitter and fb address.

I know that a few bounties are now asking for proof of authentication post but not all of them.

With the growing security issues in BTC can't we start Google 2 factor authentication for our profile as it also has been attacked and also what can be the solution to these kind of scammers ?

I have also experienced having my BCT Id being used by other members to join bounty and airdrop campaigns. It's disappointing how other will just use your account without permission. I think other people just wants to have things the easy way. If they use your account, especially high ranking ones, they will be allowed to join bounties and at the same time receive higher stakes with your account. It is a good thing that some campaign requires you authentication post to verify your account.
How can it be? So sad my friend, if I was you, for sure I will very disappointed. How can they steal our ID to do their stuff like that.
In bounty I have never joined any project so I don't know but in Airdrop, some manager still don't care if we report those fraud case to them.
And of course thoe fraud are harming the crypto industry very much. For example FRES token is one of the potential in art industry but because of those fraud with multiple accounts, now FRES project seem to be unsuccessfull  Sad
Activity: 322
Merit: 11
November 06, 2018, 10:52:18 AM
Hi,

Good thing that ive found your post, honestly, ive been a victim of this one, when i check a new bounty project, i just see that somebody is using my btt account and social media channels, they were the first who sign up my details, its very frustrating that some people like to cheat people in order to earn easy money from the work of other people.
Activity: 504
Merit: 102
November 06, 2018, 10:36:43 AM
Hi,

I have also experienced having my BCT Id being used by other members to join bounty and airdrop campaigns. It's disappointing how other will just use your account without permission. I think other people just wants to have things the easy way. If they use your account, especially high ranking ones, they will be allowed to join bounties and at the same time receive higher stakes with your account. It is a good thing that some campaign requires you authentication post to verify your account.
copper member
Activity: 420
Merit: 26
November 06, 2018, 10:34:58 AM
Hi,

This incident have happened to me times without number in some bounties I have participated in and whenever I see such I report immediately to the Bounty/Campaign Manager in charge. In some cases I have seen them being rewarded also. But I think some Bounty Managers with Legendary/Hero Bitcointalk account have been able to curb that by asking for all bounty Participants to submit proof of authentication and I think KYC in most Bounty have also help out too.
Activity: 882
Merit: 297
November 06, 2018, 10:32:17 AM
Hi,

If people were cheating the campaigns with fake profiles then it is the fault of the campaign managers so they need to do their work if this kind of scammers need to be removed as you mentioned the proof of authentication will do the job but it willl make little bit of work load for the campaign managers that is why they still refusing to add while the most reputed campaign managers doing that.

What you are telling is correct if the campaign manager is reputed , then i think he is doing this kyc and proof of authentication now as they dont want this bot to create scam. If any campaign manager is not doing then he is not reputed and he is not worry about his reputation as campaign manager.

People are able to cheat only if campaign manager is not reputed if not their is no chance of cheating in reputed campaign manager services.
Activity: 126
Merit: 15
Fast, Smart, Trustworthy
November 06, 2018, 10:28:56 AM
Cheating by scammer is now gradually being curbed by some bounty, through the introduction of KYC and for some, proof of authentication. Although, i feel proof of authentication is more appropriate than KYC, because not everyone can pass KYC.

Although, to avoid cheating the sincere bounty hunters too, KYC should have been completed before the calculation of stakes to tokens or before token distribution. So that there will be fair and accurate distribution of the total number of tokens to
sincere bounty participants.

Are you sure that KYC is more good for bounty campaign? I don't think so. KYC will expose the privacy of every bounty participant to an unknown environment. Now, so many scam bounties, KYC is hard to guarantee security. Once used by criminals, this loss will be huge.
Better practice is that the bounty manager is more responsible.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 104
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
November 06, 2018, 10:27:17 AM
Hi,

It has happened a lot in the past, many lazy scammers have devised this way to cheat on other people's work. And I think the campaign manager has found a solution to stop it. That is using proof authentication on bitcointalk
Activity: 322
Merit: 1
November 06, 2018, 10:24:17 AM
As a rule, if you see this, then you need to inform the manager so that he takes action on this issue, otherwise it is unlikely to be able to deal with it so far!
Activity: 476
October 31, 2018, 04:38:55 AM
Unfortunately there are a lot of a-holes in the crypto world! Many of them probably could not create their own account which pushes them to cheat their way in by using other's. I had this experience not so long ago. Fortunately I was able to check the spreadsheet out and reported these people to the manager. We need to do our own monitoring if we don't want to be victimized. Else, we'll be like puppets for these evil souls!
Activity: 407
Merit: 14
Collectrix-Bridgin the physical and Virtual worlds
October 31, 2018, 04:38:07 AM
I have been a victim of this particular scam on several occasions as well, one thing about it is that they steal your work as well in the case of bounties and sometimes this leads to even you failing because you are marked for double submissions. It is quite frustrating.
Activity: 434
Merit: 2
October 31, 2018, 04:01:21 AM
I believing the introduction of KYC into bounty campaign will help to reduce the level of cheating.Hood managers are also doing their best to reduce this by putting up a verification system.
Activity: 308
Merit: 5
October 31, 2018, 03:50:27 AM
Sorry to say but there's no perfect person on earth. What I mean about this statement? We must not forget that don't trust anyone else except yourself in trading, doing bounties, and investment. How? We must be resourceful and do more careful research about what we think good ICO or bounties. Always check your registration numbers and wallets just to be secure.
Activity: 317
October 31, 2018, 03:48:41 AM
Yes me too i experience that in some bounty he use my name and my bitcointalk acct and use different eth address then i report him just always check the spread sheet
Activity: 459
Merit: 10
October 31, 2018, 03:45:11 AM
You are very brave enough to recognize your identity, although this identity will make many people hate. But at least you are real. This may be an unsolvable problem. Some people propose to apply KYC. This idea is stupid. It is obviously stupid to know why the development team should spend money to promote it. KYC.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 521
7enius - Your Cryptocurrency Marketing Consultant
October 31, 2018, 02:29:07 AM
If you find a case like that, the best step you can take is to immediately report the account to the bounty manager, so that the account can be quickly handled and blacklisted from all of its campaigns before they get the reward. Take care, guys!!
Pages:
Jump to: