Pages:
Author

Topic: China will rule world as economy king after crisis end? - page 10. (Read 2675 times)

Activity: 2520
Merit: 624
Probably because China has been very efficient in improving their economy, they compete with the US and now it seems like they win on this battle against the corona virus. US being the most developed country has now suffered, and after this pandemic, for sure, they'll struggle to recover and maybe that's the time that China will dictate their terms.

This is the challenge for America really because China has started most of their businesses while America is still battling with the problem. The economic power tussle between China and America is something that has been long. We are hoping that everything is resolved
Activity: 1960
Merit: 329
www.Artemis.co
As we see everyday many people are dying every day in Europe and America and their economy is going down every day and economy specialties are guessing that the USA will lose his position as economy king and china will take over and we are already seeing that china economy didn't drop much and there already making money in this crisis.
Anyone who thinks that the US will take this thing easy lying low with China is joking. Such a person does not know the mindset of the Americans. There will be a time for revenge on the Chinese. Donald Trump has a plan B, I can tell you that. More so there is a bit of hatred building up against China by the rest of the world for causing the outbreak and hiding it. Therefore many countries will not want to do business with China, even after this outbreak is over.
Activity: 3038
Merit: 647
Probably because China has been very efficient in improving their economy, they compete with the US and now it seems like they win on this battle against the corona virus. US being the most developed country has now suffered, and after this pandemic, for sure, they'll struggle to recover and maybe that's the time that China will dictate their terms.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 255
Anyway, by report it was said that the pandemic itself is in the concept of the power tussle between China and that USA. We know both contries as very powerful but I have always seen China as great in world economy power. It doesn't mean that the U.S is not great in some other aspect what has made US the most powerful is more than economy but China is respected in their aspect of Production. I just wish the position would just be attained by merit and not by strive.IMO
Activity: 301
Merit: 3
DAEFROM.com
As we see everyday many people are dying every day in Europe and America and their economy is going down every day and economy specialties are guessing that the USA will lose his position as economy king and china will take over and we are already seeing that china economy didn't drop much and there already making money in this crisis.

We have heard the competitiveness of China in terms of economy. We know how much it competes with Europe and America, even in some parts of Asia like Japan and Middle East. It is hard to make a statement so easily regarding China taking over America's place or title. Many have beeb criticizing China because of its cunning ways on how it improves its current state overtime. Even COVID-19 is doubted as the sole reason for the falldown of Europe because there is an investigation regarding it being created in the Wuhan Biolab.

Nevertheless, I think America is tough. Not only does it make use of its large area and natural resources but they also have greater human resources in different fields, most especially in economics. So I think, it is not yet safe to say that China is slowly taking over America's title.
Activity: 70
Merit: 4
I agree wholeheartedly, we are talking about a country that literally jails people and harvest their organs, I am sorry but there is no way that they allow an information like this to go public neither.

That's the way it works in China. Even worse things happen in countries such as Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, yet we see very few "activists" protesting against it. Why selectively target China? Why not the Arab nations, or the African dictatorships? The Saudis even managed to head the United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC). Can you believe it? I am not supporting China, but just pointing out the ironies.

well, coronavirus fund in china that's why every country blaming china not other country and right now 170k+ people are dead because of coronavirus. if you are a resident of the USA who you will blame for coronavirus? because you can't blame nature even if this was coming from nature you will need to put blame someone so no one can blame you it's really simple. this is just my opinion.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
I agree wholeheartedly, we are talking about a country that literally jails people and harvest their organs, I am sorry but there is no way that they allow an information like this to go public neither.

That's the way it works in China. Even worse things happen in countries such as Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, yet we see very few "activists" protesting against it. Why selectively target China? Why not the Arab nations, or the African dictatorships? The Saudis even managed to head the United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC). Can you believe it? I am not supporting China, but just pointing out the ironies.
Activity: 1568
Merit: 283

If there was layoffs which I think there was, we wouldn't know about it, this is China and they had a lot more deaths than they said they had yet we do not know about it because they do not tell about it. People actually blame china for this virus because they didn't get proper defenses for it neither, they just let it be, so there is no way something that came out of china to ruin the world this much but didn't hurt china at all, it started there so it means they must be hurt even more than any other place on earth, but somehow they have no economical problems and less death than 5 other countries? I don't believe it.
If we compare China with the United States now, there are a lot of interesting things that can be noticed. Chinese economy came under tremendous stress, but there was no news of mass layoffs and economic collapse. But within the initial few weeks, millions have become unemployed in the United States and the economy is near breaking point. This just shows that which economy is more resilient.

Just because we don't know about mass unemployment in China doesn't mean it isn't there. Government-controlled media can only provide information that reflects the government's position.

Even then, the official numbers are bad. Unemployment in China is still hovering just below February levels, which were the highest unemployment levels on record. https://www.wsj.com/articles/coronavirus-ravages-chinas-economyand-its-just-getting-started-11587122990

Joblessness has emerged as an additional worry, soaring from a narrow range around 5.0% in recent years to 5.9% in March—after a record 6.2% in February.

Though officials said Friday that China hasn’t suffered large-scale layoffs despite the pandemic, economists estimate as many as 80 million people—roughly twice the population of California—have lost their jobs or not been able to return to work in the past three months, in a working age population of roughly 900 million.

Larry Hu, an economist at Macquarie Group, said he expects joblessness to rise by another 10 million in the coming months unless Beijing enacts a major stimulus.

90 million people losing their jobs sure sounds like mass layoffs to me.

Thats huge number of people are losing job i don't know how our life will be after this pandemic over.
If we compare China with the United States now, there are a lot of interesting things that can be noticed. Chinese economy came under tremendous stress, but there was no news of mass layoffs and economic collapse. But within the initial few weeks, millions have become unemployed in the United States and the economy is near breaking point. This just shows that which economy is more resilient.

Just because we don't know about mass unemployment in China doesn't mean it isn't there. Government-controlled media can only provide information that reflects the government's position. We have already seen how China hid the number of people infected with the coronavirus and the number of people who died from the infection.

Yes, I know that many people saying total death in China maybe 50000+ but china only telling us 4000+ people died.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

Just because we don't know about mass unemployment in China doesn't mean it isn't there. Government-controlled media can only provide information that reflects the government's position.

Even then, the official numbers are bad. Unemployment in China is still hovering just below February levels, which were the highest unemployment levels on record. https://www.wsj.com/articles/coronavirus-ravages-chinas-economyand-its-just-getting-started-11587122990

Joblessness has emerged as an additional worry, soaring from a narrow range around 5.0% in recent years to 5.9% in March—after a record 6.2% in February.

Though officials said Friday that China hasn’t suffered large-scale layoffs despite the pandemic, economists estimate as many as 80 million people—roughly twice the population of California—have lost their jobs or not been able to return to work in the past three months, in a working age population of roughly 900 million.

Larry Hu, an economist at Macquarie Group, said he expects joblessness to rise by another 10 million in the coming months unless Beijing enacts a major stimulus.

90 million people losing their jobs sure sounds like mass layoffs to me.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1655
To the Moon

Just because we don't know about mass unemployment in China doesn't mean it isn't there. Government-controlled media can only provide information that reflects the government's position. We have already seen how China hid the number of people infected with the coronavirus and the number of people who died from the infection.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521
China is currently operating at 83% of their previous output, while the threat of a second wave of infections lingers. https://www.ft.com/content/43163250-808a-11ea-82f6-150830b3b99a

A business activity index created by Trivium, a Beijing-based consultancy, estimates the Chinese economy is currently operating at 83 per cent of “typical output”, compared with 66 per cent in mid-March. That is welcome considering China’s predicament in February but still represents a devastating drop from what might have been expected.

Between the continued local shutdowns and fear that more will be required, and the drop in American and European export demand, things are not looking particularly optimistic for China:

For Mr Xi, there are two main dangers to this incipient recovery as China starts to go back to work. First, a resurgence of the pandemic in the world’s most populous country. And second, a collapse in demand in the US and EU.

On Tuesday, the IMF predicted the US economy would shrink 5.9 per cent this year because of its even greater struggles with coronavirus, while China will manage 1.2 per cent growth for the full year.

Chinese exporters are already bracing themselves for a fall in many of their main markets, wary that a modest recovery in shipments last month was flattered by orders that did not make it on to ships in January and February.

“External demand is one of three major economic headwinds ahead which will cause the recovery to be W-shaped instead of V-shaped,” says Larry Hu, chief China economist at Macquarie. The other two challenges, he notes, are falling property prices and deflation.

One Guangdong exporter said the global shutdown is a "death blow" to their economy. Q1 saw the worst economic contraction since Chinese record-keeping began, and I would conservatively guess the GDP drop was twice what the government says it was.
Activity: 1512
Merit: 316

One thing we can’t be sure about China is the news which they tell it. World knows that China media is controlled by government and only what they want us to show or say they will only telecast that since they are not a democratic country where media is free to show the reality. So even if there is a mass unemployment the government would not make it show just like how US is telling now that the death in Covid 2019 in China is more than that of US but they are not showing it.

Activity: 854
Merit: 264
Crypto is not a religion but i like it
Even more? China already has enough power and strength.
I really hope that world will punish after the pandemic will over.
China was hiding everything and its actions caused what we see now. China should be tried as a war criminal, not less.

we don't know what will happen but I hope we can overcome this crisis. I also agree Chinna didn't really told us real death number but they did told us coronavirus is dangerous and they should have stop people that were trying to leave but they didn't stop them and because of it now the whole world is suffering.

If our great "flagship of the world order" (USA) does not put forward strict and harsh claims against China in the near future/after the end of the pandemic - this is a big disadvantage both for the government as a whole, and for Trump personally.
I really hope that Trump understands what he needs to do - otherwise we will face a critical left turn from this policy of patience.
It's clear to everyone that it's one thing to "haha b-52 does BAM-BAM" on the Taliban, and another to say to China's face that they are fuckers
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 2253
From Zero to 2 times Self-Made Legendary
"Never let a good crisis go to waste" and the Chinese didn't waste it. If other countries buy companies from other countries they will call it an investment.  But not a plan to take over.

If the Chinese had planned it, they wouldn't have a ton of dead meat there. If the media says they lie about the numbers of death in China, they can't know all the truth of the number of death since people are afraid of quarantine and they hide themselves to death, it happens in many countries today. None of the countries counted their deaths correctly.

There are two possibilities for this Chinese action:

1. China is indeed manipulating data about the number of patients dying covid-19. Due to the lack of transparency of the data makes all the world fooled and did not do the right preparation to overcome covid-19. Along with false information from China confirmed by WHO that the virus only spreads from animal to human, it cannot be human to human, making many people unaware that the coronavirus is deadly and spreads very quickly. In January 2020, China bought up a lot of PPE from all over the world, even in Indonesia until the beginning of March there were still exports of masks to China. The goal is the world lacking stock of personal protective equipment with the aim of reprising America for spreading the virus to China.
https://www.who.int/news-room/detail/03-03-2020-shortage-of-personal-protective-equipment-endangering-health-workers-worldwide

2. China makes a new narrative that covid-19 is more deadly by spreading new news the number of covid-19 victims has doubled with the aim of large businesses selling vaccines to the entire world population by creating the effect of thinking that covid-19 is, in fact, more terrible.

Back in the Obama era, China was America's strategic partner while in the Trump era, China became America's new enemy. So the covid-19 pandemic and the November 2020 election moment were used by China to establish collusion with the Democrats and the WHO to bring down Trump. When he realized this Trump did not say anything, Trump would thwart this plan by starting to threaten to stop donating to the WHO even going out of WHO. Trump is aggressively pressing India as its strategic partner (which will be used as a proxy against China) to provide corona medicine immediately.

The geopolitics and geo-strategies of the world are very fluid because there are no eternal friends and foes, only eternal interests.
Activity: 1988
Merit: 322
Why do people think that China will be doing alright after all of this is over? Do you not realize that demand for Chinese products literally dropped down because of this virus?

I know for a fact that if you put some items into a container for weeks on and with a cargo and send it to another nation, by the time it comes to the new nation virus can't survive there, yet for some reason all the Chinese products in my nation is at clearance for like 70% discount and still staying there, you would think on a period when everyone is lacking funding and nobody really has money or even not sure about their job, you would see the products with 70% discount would go off the shelves right? All the other ones who are not on discount is constantly finishing, yet the Chinese products with 70% discount stands still.
Activity: 951
Merit: 259
I hope not, I don't want to see China spreading their politics around the world, I hop that all countries around the world excludes China for anything, just exclude, a war is not necessary, but a total boycott, if they want to continue their nazi style of government, let them be, alone, with only their resources

We all have to know and put in our mind that we are losing lives, jobs, health, only because China hide for some time about their real conditions, I don't blame them because of the virus, but because of the lies they told us

We are in the world of globalization and each country is dependent on others on a high scale and China is one of the major exporters so total boycott is not very easy which needs solid evidence and  support from all other major countries rather than accusations and rumors and yes they are taking some advantages of this situation when compared to other countries I think we might get more info on it after the containment as everyone is busy on the containment as of now
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
I hope not, I don't want to see China spreading their politics around the world, I hop that all countries around the world excludes China for anything, just exclude, a war is not necessary, but a total boycott, if they want to continue their nazi style of government, let them be, alone, with only their resources

We all have to know and put in our mind that we are losing lives, jobs, health, only because China hide for some time about their real conditions, I don't blame them because of the virus, but because of the lies they told us

We are in the world of globalization and each country is dependent on others on a high scale and China is one of the major exporters so total boycott is not very easy which needs solid evidence and  support from all other major countries rather than accusations and rumors and yes they are taking some advantages of this situation when compared to other countries I think we might get more info on it after the containment as everyone is busy on the containment as of now
many country agrees to take action after pandemic end so we might see ban or boycott China soon I don't know how it will affect global economy but I hope we all can get back to our normal life.
Pages:
Jump to: