Pages:
Author

Topic: Christianity is Poison - page 14. (Read 52590 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 123
August 28, 2017, 04:58:57 PM
Christianity maybe a poison to those who are not. But i bet nobody's been poisoned to death yet and those who believe or those Christians rather i say, are living well with their faith. So the word poison  just connotes "bitterness". Sorry for the term but the word poison is not nice either.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
August 28, 2017, 04:55:48 PM
Your limited science is such a small part of reality that it is leading you in completely the wrong direction.

Look at it logically.

Yes, science is limited to what we know, but we are learning more everyday.  Science has never steered us wrong.

Your fairy tale is limited to your mind, and has never had any influence in reality.

Which one is limited?

Again, facts only and no fairy tales please.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
August 28, 2017, 04:53:55 PM
Also, one more point to consider. When you strip the "mythology" away from my faith, you arrive at two core points:

Respect the Lord above all things, and,

You're saying "the lord" is not part of mythology?   Huh

Your fairy tale is not reality friend.  Sad

Your limited science is such a small part of reality that it is leading you in completely the wrong direction.

Cool
Activity: 392
Merit: 113
August 28, 2017, 04:52:38 PM
I seldom hear criticisms on atheists  though but more on christians and jewish.
Vod
legendary
August 28, 2017, 04:41:02 PM
Also, one more point to consider. When you strip the "mythology" away from my faith, you arrive at two core points:

You're saying "the lord" is not part of mythology?   Huh

Your fairy tale is not reality friend.  Sad
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
August 28, 2017, 04:38:30 PM
once, such a great politician as Vladimir Ilyich Lenin, said: that religion is opium for the people. Since then All the power which he directed was doing everything to root out the Faith in the citizens of the arrow. If it is realistic to assume that people believe in their own way, then those who lead long dinners have very great power. And you all know that Power and money are the first things A man strives for.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048
August 28, 2017, 04:34:06 PM
God and science are not opposite. Cause and effect alone suggests God via the programming. And, cause and effect is essentially the basic foundation for the operation of all science. God and science work together.

Your fairy tale and science are entirely opposite, as you are arguing in the other thread.  Science is incompatible with the warped thoughts in your mind.   Undecided  

Reconsider. Science and the Lord reconcile just fine. We are working from two different paradigms, so bear with me here. I assume you would posit that science is a child of Man, the collective fruit of our pursuit towards betterment. As a Christian, all things that are, are a function of God. A core tenant of the faith is free will, so I believe that Science is the amount of collective knowledge we have been allowed to achieve. There are scriptures concerning the Flood that detail the dissemination of certain sciences by certain angels, who were punished for this. Also, if you are familiar, notice the Tower of Babel. One of the greatest collective works of man, the Lord chose to destroy and confuse this work, rather than let it proliferate. This may seem cruel, but I believe this was a forethought; the inherent nature of Man means when we cooperate on a grand scale, we are capable of the grandest evils.

We conflate wisdom and knowledge. Our book rewards us for the accrual of wisdom, but my impression is that excessive knowledge, or the pursuit of knowledge for its own sake, can damn a person.

Treat other people in the manner you wish to be treated.

In the interest of a progressive society, where a culture can thrive and further the aim of science, do you not agree with these core tenants?

and if you do, then what so bad about Christianity?  Wink Don't confuse the practitioners with the practice, it is easy, I know.

Its not an attack, just something to chew on. Have a good day broseph.
Vod
legendary
August 28, 2017, 04:32:10 PM
There is only one form of science that you are using. It is political science.

Pattern is forming.

You can't argue your points, so you try to tell me mine?   Roll Eyes

No try about it. I did tell you yours.    Cool

That's certainly one way to believe you won an arguement.

For the record - I don't believe in your fairy tales. 
legendary
August 28, 2017, 04:31:06 PM

Pattern is forming.

No try about it. I did tell you yours.    Cool
Vod
legendary
August 28, 2017, 04:07:22 PM

Pattern is forming.

legendary
August 28, 2017, 04:05:16 PM
God and science are not opposite. Cause and effect alone suggests God via the programming. And, cause and effect is essentially the basic foundation for the operation of all science. God and science work together.

Your fairy tale and science are entirely opposite, as you are arguing in the other thread.  Science is incompatible with the warped thoughts in your mind.   Undecided  

There is only one form of science that you are using. It is political science. Political science says that the one who talks the most is the one who has truth. Political science doesn't work in a real battle. It only works in locations that are more or less peaceful. Political science entertains lies.

Cool
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
August 28, 2017, 04:42:15 AM
All religions, not only one or two.

All are poison, we should get rid of them really soon.  Wink

All people are religious beings. Getting rid of all religion means getting rid of all the people. WW3 is on its way, so don't worry.

Cool

After seeing how we threat to animals and nature, yes please all people must die.
Nature will fix itself then.
Vod
legendary
August 28, 2017, 03:15:06 AM
The bad guy has gone to bed.  It is safe for you to express your opinions without him attacking you.

Cool

I look forward to continuing my conversation with him - hopefully he will stick to the facts, 
Vod
legendary
August 27, 2017, 11:23:12 PM

legendary
August 27, 2017, 11:19:45 PM
So, you accept God, then. Because science proves that God exists.

Now that you accept God through science. Learn the science of how the Bible came together so that you can see that  it is a book that God put together.

I accept god as a fairy tale, yes.  Not through science lol - they are exact opposites.

You will attempt to put words in my mouth, as that is the only way your fairy tale can spread.

People who force other people to follow their beliefs are poison to society, hence why Christianity is poison.  Smiley

Cool
Vod
legendary
August 27, 2017, 11:16:53 PM

Now that you accept God through science. Learn the science of how the Bible came together so that you can see that  it is a book that God put together.

I accept god as a fairy tale, yes.  Not through science lol - they are exact opposites.

You will attempt to put words in my mouth, as that is the only way your fairy tale can spread.

People who force other people to follow their beliefs are poison to society, hence why Christianity is poison.  Smiley

legendary
August 27, 2017, 11:14:09 PM
Since you are showing that you are not interested in science, but rather would continue to believe in science fiction, you are missing some of the greatest REAL discoveries that science has to offer.

Actually, I have shown I trust science, and science alone.

You need to lie to make your points, don't you?   Wink

Liars are generally considered poison in society.  Which would explain why so many people consider Christianity to be poison.

Cool
Vod
legendary
August 27, 2017, 11:12:22 PM
Since you are showing that you are not interested in science, but rather would continue to believe in science fiction, you are missing some of the greatest REAL discoveries that science has to offer.

Actually, I have shown I trust science, and science alone.

You need to lie to make your points, don't you?   Wink

Liars are generally considered poison in society.  Which would explain why so many people consider Christianity to be poison.
legendary
August 27, 2017, 11:08:19 PM
Yet you deny the results of combining the basic sciences of cause and effect, complex universe, and entropy. Cause and effect alone show that everything is programmed to happen the way it does... at least according to our current, limited science. Programming indicates a programmer, especially when there is such great complexity as life, the human brain, the human mind, emotion, and potentially things like spirit and soul.

Only in your fairy tale do I deny anything.  I'm not interested in how your mind comes to the conclusions from false statements.

Insteading of insulting those that believe in science, why don't you try and convince how your mind is better for us than reality?

Cool
Vod
legendary
August 27, 2017, 11:06:24 PM
Yet you deny the results of combining the basic sciences of cause and effect, complex universe, and entropy. Cause and effect alone show that everything is programmed to happen the way it does... at least according to our current, limited science. Programming indicates a programmer, especially when there is such great complexity as life, the human brain, the human mind, emotion, and potentially things like spirit and soul.

Only in your fairy tale do I deny anything.  I'm not interested in how your mind comes to the conclusions from false statements.

Insteading of insulting those that believe in science, why don't you try and convince how your mind is better for us than reality?
Pages:
Jump to: