Pages:
Author

Topic: Chrome Browser extension: MtGox trading bot - page 15. (Read 72509 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
https://github.com/virtimus/GoxTradingBot

Read the "readme.md" and CHANGE constants in background.js file before playing with this mod.
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
Oh, does this mean google can sync my cloud up to my bot?

doen't seem to, and I have a Chromebook >.>

Plus, not too sure it'd be a good idea with multiple insistences of the bot running at once Tongue
Merit: 100
Oh, does this mean google can sync my cloud up to my bot?
Currency for "getTrades" was not explicity specified like this: "getTrades.php?Currency=USD&since=..."
This caused a problem when I tried to switch to other currency...
Bot got stupid and sold - I am 0.01 BTC back Sad

So - my current mods:

- bot waits only 1 hour to confirm trend (tested)
- other currency possible (partially tested)
- selling only offset of BTC (tested)
- eliminating peaks in price (just by eliminating price when it's times more or less than previous - untested as I've not found the case)

I think it would be also possible to made trade frequency changeable by param in code - just dont need it for now Smiley

I'll wait yet if it works and put it on github for others to play.
Very much so Tongue
Right now I'm playing a little bit with this bot Smiley

Quite nice piece of soft.

Already modified it slightly to play with only "offset" of account money (to left certain amount of BTC untouched, still all fiat amount to buy BTC).

For the bug You are mentioning (strange prices) - should be easy to just eliminate/average peaks in price - have to check - as it is already working on my Gox account Smiley

Oh - just saw it selling - "BTC offset" seems to work.

If anyone interested - I can put the source on github when It's more tested/stable
Has anyone figured out the fix for the increased frequency mod? I really want to put it to use with getting info every minute.

Also, Check out my lottery! 99% goes to the winner! plus a .2 BTC bonus since this is the first lottery  Smiley
www.bitcoinlottery.co

I paid for a custom mod of the bot that made a lot of improvements, including that one. Maybe thats the way to go for you.

Any chance of a release of that Tongue lol

Anyone know an (possibly free) alternative to this bot? It's really nice, but I'd like for a custom trade frequency (specifically 1/2 hour intervals in case the trend shift back and forward)
legendary
Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000
Has anyone figured out the fix for the increased frequency mod? I really want to put it to use with getting info every minute.

Also, Check out my lottery! 99% goes to the winner! plus a .2 BTC bonus since this is the first lottery  Smiley
www.bitcoinlottery.co

I paid for a custom mod of the bot that made a lot of improvements, including that one. Maybe thats the way to go for you.
Activity: 16

www.bitcoinlottery.co
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
I am the one who knocks
AFAIR prices from the API return in integers not decimals, so if it is a problem with the API then :/

Possibly it is a problem with the ema calcs?
Activity: 956
Merit: 1001
anyway to throw in some code as a failsafe in the event the price is read incorrectly from the gox api?  Seems the decimal point is off a bit sometimes Wink

legendary
Well... to get a true EMA you need to calculate something like 2.5x the periods anyway for exactly this reason.  So for example for a 10 bar EMA would would/should actually go back ~30 bars  to get a 'true' value.

That is also why you have a fast and slow, by comparison they show the trend.  The time window of the trend is then adjusted by your EMA values.  If you want your 'trend' to react sooner then your fast EMA would be shorter. 

You also need to space them (difference between fast and slow EMAs) properly.  This is where the backtesting the Goomboo was talking about comes in.  And this (lack of) backtesting is exactly why I have not ported this bot to goxtool yet :/

Interesting data, thank you Smiley.
I am the one who knocks
Well... to get a true EMA you need to calculate something like 2.5x the periods anyway for exactly this reason.  So for example for a 10 bar EMA would would/should actually go back ~30 bars  to get a 'true' value.

That is also why you have a fast and slow, by comparison they show the trend.  The time window of the trend is then adjusted by your EMA values.  If you want your 'trend' to react sooner then your fast EMA would be shorter. 

You also need to space them (difference between fast and slow EMAs) properly.  This is where the backtesting the Goomboo was talking about comes in.  And this (lack of) backtesting is exactly why I have not ported this bot to goxtool yet :/
legendary
After further experimentation, and I understand this would change the bots strategy fundamentally, perhaps the ability for the bot to execute trades if the threshold is met after 1 period instead of two. For certain types of traders this would be very useful.

Before I get asked, I am saying this would change the bot because it wouldn't really be following a trend with only one reference, so it would really be a new type of bot taht would be useful in this volatile market. Perhaps the same effect could be reached using this bot but shorter time periods.

Best.
The original theory ([url href=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60501.0;topicseen]Goomboo's Journal[/url]) said nothing of waiting for two periods.  The purpose of the two EMAs is that you are indeed comparing a trend.   I believe the reason the original author of this bot implemented the two period waiting time is to avoid whipsaw trades.

Yes, I agree. As Understand it however, the periods however establish the trend because one measure does not constitue a trend, you would need at least 2 periods. This is another reason why 3o minute time periods would be useful.

I am placing a bounty on this bot: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1951417

Best.
I am the one who knocks
After further experimentation, and I understand this would change the bots strategy fundamentally, perhaps the ability for the bot to execute trades if the threshold is met after 1 period instead of two. For certain types of traders this would be very useful.

Before I get asked, I am saying this would change the bot because it wouldn't really be following a trend with only one reference, so it would really be a new type of bot taht would be useful in this volatile market. Perhaps the same effect could be reached using this bot but shorter time periods.

Best.
The original theory ([url href=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60501.0;topicseen]Goomboo's Journal[/url]) said nothing of waiting for two periods.  The purpose of the two EMAs is that you are indeed comparing a trend.   I believe the reason the original author of this bot implemented the two period waiting time is to avoid whipsaw trades.
legendary
To keep it going about the bot:

A really valuable tool that would be easy to implement would be different threshold values to execute but and sell trades. I think this would be the most useful tool that could be added ATM.

Best.
legendary

Best.
legendary
Erebus,
   This is my concession post, I tried it all and the SOB wont run. I hope they make modules for the GUI in interface and thats something Id be happy to buy if need be; but I digress. I really appreciate all your help, thank you so so so much, you've been more than helpful. I hope I can pay you back for your time at some point you were just awesome.

Best Smiley.
Not a problem at all... I am sorry we couldn't get it working for you.  However there is no Goomboo bot (yet) for goxtool so it might have not been the best for you anyway.

Maybe we should setup VPS instances where you can change the password after install or have better instructions (it is alot easier on linux).

Apprciate it Smiley. I will PM you about this, I think I've abused the thread long enough Smiley.

Best.
I am the one who knocks
Erebus,
   This is my concession post, I tried it all and the SOB wont run. I hope they make modules for the GUI in interface and thats something Id be happy to buy if need be; but I digress. I really appreciate all your help, thank you so so so much, you've been more than helpful. I hope I can pay you back for your time at some point you were just awesome.

Best Smiley.
Not a problem at all... I am sorry we couldn't get it working for you.  However there is no Goomboo bot (yet) for goxtool so it might have not been the best for you anyway.

Maybe we should setup VPS instances where you can change the password after install or have better instructions (it is alot easier on linux).
legendary
Piotr:
  I've been trading profitably with the chrome bot for several days now, I just find that its a matter of letting it run and letting the math take its course. At one point I was considerably up but I let it keep running and it went down, which is normal, I didnt expect it to sell, I expect it to follow the trend over a couple of hours. You did an awesome job and made an easy bot, gratz.

If at some point you find the time to code different time frame that would e great, I think 15 mins and 30 minst would be useful.

Bugs: The hourly updates happen from the time I launched the program, not from the actual time. Also, I had a huge value discrepnacy, showed price of 460 USD per btc for 3pm this aafternoon.

I love your bot, I think that should you decide to perfect it, you could certianly sell it.

Best.
Pages:
Jump to: