Pages:
Author

Topic: Chrome Browser extension: MtGox trading bot - page 19. (Read 72509 times)

Activity: 623
Merit: 11
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
This bot doesn't work so well when there is an upward trend like the unprecedented rise we've been seeing this last 4-5 weeks.

I'd suggest you wait until BTC stays within +/-5% over the course of a week, then I'd use the bot.

That's for sure.

I watched it buy at 36.00 - saw 49.00 - the bot just ignored the major crash (33.30) and didn't sell till it was back up to 41.50.

Then the bot bought at 44.75 and just now sold at 41.17 (loses never heard of when this bot was written i.e. btc at 5.04 - hehe)

I am currently modifying the code to make trades every 15 minutes (if necessary) in a fast moving market.  It will take weeks to see if this will work.
Activity: 896
Merit: 532
Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum
This bot doesn't work so well when there is an upward trend like the unprecedented rise we've been seeing this last 4-5 weeks.

I'd suggest you wait until BTC stays within +/-5% over the course of a week, then I'd use the bot.
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
I am following this thread since a few days so there are still people interested Smiley.

I am currently testing this bot with 200 dollars. It has bought me the coins @ $43 and still holds. We'll see where it goes.
Activity: 623
Merit: 11
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
Seems like a dead thread, but if anyone's interested...

I tested the bot with 1000 dollars.    It bought BTC at 36.00 (blue arrow) and successfully allowed MtGox to rally up to 49.00 and has not sold those coins as of yet - at 39.00

I wonder what the benefit is?  The lines for both moving averages have converged.  I am letting it go to see if it ever sells?  Or maybe only after a loss has occurred.

The chart for today.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9159375/botperfomance.PNG
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
September 05, 2012, 11:51:42 PM
Any chance of this being made to work with the Parabolic SAR?
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003
Well the bot has lost me 6% in over ten weeks of use.  A good idea but never mind  Sad
legendary
another question, how often is the bot supposed to buy/sell stuff? it's been running for 2 days and it didn't do a single trade yet, even though the EMAs were perfect and it had a few really good opportunities

When the threshold changes beyond the inverse 0.25%.  So if your in dark green you need it to go to over red 0.25% if your in dark red you need it to go to over green 0.25%.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
I have a weird bug with it. Every once in a while the bot says "troubles accessing your account", even though the api key and api secret are filled out. Then I go check the options page, and I don't even change anything and just click "Apply and save changes" and it somehow fixes it, but then 1 or 2h later the bot is broken again. What could be doing this?

mtgox has a default timeout period which is less than an hour I think. Go into settings and make it over an hour, or the next timestep up from your bot trading time. That should help.

marked
legendary
So I'm down 1% after using the bot for over five weeks.  Well it will be the three month mark before I decide on putting real money on the bot or not.

Edit:  Maybe six months?
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Definitely. Can't expect this bot to put on winning trades all the time (or even all that often) - should make good money when it does though.
legendary
Bought @ 4.76 a few days ago.  Sold today at $4.76 & $4.73  Embarrassed
here sold      @4.73
a few days ago
Bought today @5.02
... Huh

Read Goomboo's journal - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/goomboos-journal-60501
legendary
Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049
here sold      @4.73
a few days ago
Bought today @5.02
... Huh
donator
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1110

Mine bought at $4.64

Mine bought at $4.66 & at $4.68, it sold today at $4.73 - good bot  Grin
legendary

Mine bought at $4.64
Activity: 546
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005
this space intentionally left blank
nm. I thought you were being sarcastic in your previous post. (If I would have made the same statement I would have been)

so i'm no longer sarcastic, but stupid? ^^
Hey, more power to you if your rigs are stable. But it just seems like an unnecessary potential point of failure.

that is true. my rig has been running for 8 months now with not a single reboot.
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
nm. I thought you were being sarcastic in your previous post. (If I would have made the same statement I would have been)

Hey, more power to you if your rigs are stable. But it just seems like an unnecessary potential point of failure.
Activity: 240
Merit: 250
Don't mind me.
Would it be too big a stretch to enable it to run in Chrome's background tasks as opposed to having the browser open 24/7?
Activity: 532
 Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005
this space intentionally left blank

Pages:
Jump to: