Pages:
Author

Topic: Chrome Browser extension: MtGox trading bot - page 17. (Read 72509 times)

legendary
Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000
I appreciate the feedback. I've been reading a all the threads on bots in the forum that I can find so forgive me if I get a tad mixed up.

As I understand it its a great plataform, but you have to code your own bots. Or are there bot modules around?

Also, any tips on how to get it running on osx? As I said my coding skills aren't even rudimentary but I do have a trading strategy I wan to implement.

Appreciate the help Smiley.

Paul.
There are two bots in the open right now, both written by the goxtool author (balancer and stop loss). 

I will help you, but it is a process if you don't already have the tools.

Install XCode (from app store) or command line tools
Then install Homebrew

See here for info on those first two steps: https://github.com/mxcl/homebrew/wiki/Installation

Ok, I am DLing the apps you suggested. I found and installed goxtoolGUI and have it running if that helps out process at all:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=176489.80

Paul.
legendary
Activity: 965
Hi!

I appreciate the feedback. I've been reading a all the threads on bots in the forum that I can find so forgive me if I get a tad mixed up.

As I understand it its a great plataform, but you have to code your own bots. Or are there bot modules around?

Also, any tips on how to get it running on osx? As I said my coding skills aren't even rudimentary but I do have a trading strategy I wan to implement.

If you don't insist on Javascript, we are working on a java framework. I'm adding a bot example these days:

https://github.com/ReAzem/cryptocoin-tradelib
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
I am the one who knocks

Paul.
There are two bots in the open right now, both written by the goxtool author (balancer and stop loss). 

I will help you, but it is a process if you don't already have the tools.

Install XCode (from app store) or command line tools
Then install Homebrew

See here for info on those first two steps: https://github.com/mxcl/homebrew/wiki/Installation
legendary

Paul.
I am the one who knocks
You might want to check out goxtool, it is a platform for bots.  I have been very impressed.

I've looked at it and it looks like a great tool, but the issue is that my grasp of trading principles is better than my grasp of basic programming. Goxtool is a serious bot plataform but it would take me a couple of hours to figure out how to get it to run and I'm guessing set up a linux virtual machine on my mac. The beauty of the chrome extension is that it is powerful yet very simple to edit.

Business idea: An OSX/Windows bot that is just anapp and easy to install where bot mudules that anyone can create can be dragged and dropped. That would be valuable.
It runs on my mac, although I have homebrew installed.

I ended up putting it on my linux server so it is always running, but regardless it does/will run on mac.  It will *not* run under windows (possibly cygwin).
legendary
You might want to check out goxtool, it is a platform for bots.  I have been very impressed.

I've looked at it and it looks like a great tool, but the issue is that my grasp of trading principles is better than my grasp of basic programming. Goxtool is a serious bot plataform but it would take me a couple of hours to figure out how to get it to run and I'm guessing set up a linux virtual machine on my mac. The beauty of the chrome extension is that it is powerful yet very simple to edit.

Business idea: An OSX/Windows bot that is just anapp and easy to install where bot mudules that anyone can create can be dragged and dropped. That would be valuable.
I am the one who knocks
legendary
I've continued testing the original code and it seems to just stop running after a while.  The charts stops updating and the bot just stops trading. Yes, it does work if I reset the extension but that sort of defeats the purpose of it being a bot.

I still love this bot, its a neat piece of code.

I think that this could be made into a neat business, I would be happy to pay 20-25 USD for the extension if it were stable and had a few more features like frequency trading, etc. Perhaps the solution would be to approach it that way.

Best Smiley.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
As I refuse to ever let Magic: The Gathering of Incompetents touch my coins consider another exchange.  BTC-e even trades in LTC so the people without money can play along.  Smiley
Activity: 267
Merit: 250
Woodwallets.io
good job! looking forward to test it next week
legendary
Yes, well implemented more frequent trading would be great. I'm sure enough of us could show our appreciation for such a useful mod to what is already an awesome and versatile bot Smiley.

Hope you get a chance to do that Smiley.
Activity: 742
I've been following this for a while. Any interest in adding the ability for more frequent trading?
legendary
Activity: 2053
Merit: 1356
aka tonikt
Hehe, nice price Smiley

The only explanation that comes to my mind is that it was a wrong price value returned by mtgox API.
Unless your Chrome has problems with parsing JOSN, or floats - but that is less likely.

Whatever was the reason in this specific case, mtgox definitely needs some fixes in their API.
For instance, this url: https://data.mtgox.com/api/0/data/getTrades.php?since=1366455600000000
... should give you some list of transaction, but ATM it just gives an empty array.
But  if you do a slightly different one: https://data.mtgox.com/api/0/data/getTrades.php?since=1366455600000001 - then you get the list.

I believe these are some side effect of them using clouflare for the API distribution.
The bot suffers from it, but unfortunately I cannot do much about it.
Activity: 956
Merit: 1001
Running unmodified source..

I've seen this happen a few times.. where the price read is way out of whack.  Looks like a decimal point is off?

legendary
aka tonikt
More about the fix: changing the time interval leads the extension to show random data!

Right, forgot to mention there are bugs in the original implementation Cheesy If it gets stuck the only way to fix is to remove and reinstall.. I'll probably fix it at some point.. one of the bugs is that the interval doesn't fall on clock-intervals of the time you selected, but are relative to the time you started the browser. Doh!
excuse me?
there are bugs in the original implementation - and that is why your mod does not work, while the original implementation does...?  Shocked
yeah, that makes a lot of sense... Smiley

if you find any real bugs, just let me know - I'd be happy to fix them.
but what you've just said is just a baseless insult, and nothing more.
Activity: 175
Merit: 102
More about the fix: changing the time interval leads the extension to show random data!

Right, forgot to mention there are bugs in the original implementation Cheesy If it gets stuck the only way to fix is to remove and reinstall.. I'll probably fix it at some point.. one of the bugs is that the interval doesn't fall on clock-intervals of the time you selected, but are relative to the time you started the browser. Doh!
I am the one who knocks
(sorry for the picture size)

You can add a width= or height= tag to size them down in the thread...

Like this (click quote then you can see):
Activity: 46
Merit: 0

legendary
aka tonikt
I've experienced serious issues with the fix, too. Sometimes interval changing doesn't work, sometimes everything stops working after reloading chrome... I'm back with the old one from the store.
Plus, here are some features that could be added:
-Other currencies (such as EUR)
-Buttons to force buy/force sell
-Time is only shown in GMT, local time would be better

Thank you piotr_n for your work!
You are welcome. Glad you like it.

As far as I am concerned, the times should be shown only in local time, not in GMT.

Please keep in mind that this was only a proof-of-concept project and since I do not use it myself, I do not plan to add new features, because testing it would need my time, which I cannot afford these days.

But if something stops working I will fix it - just let me know.
It happens because MtGox has a tendency to change their API without worrying about backward compatibility, and usually even without any notice.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
I've experienced serious issues with the fix, too. Sometimes interval changing doesn't work, sometimes everything stops working after reloading chrome... I'm back with the old one from the store.
Plus, here are some features that could be added:
-Other currencies (such as EUR)
-Buttons to force buy/force sell
-Time is only shown in GMT, local time would be better

Thank you piotr_n for your work!

Furthermore, can someone share some information about how much ( % ) did this bot earn in the past days?
Pages:
Jump to: