Pages:
Author

Topic: Chrome Browser extension: MtGox trading bot - page 21. (Read 72509 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 502
did the bot prematurely sell some bitcoins true ?

Eh? even using high frequency trading its been holding due to current range.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Shame on everything; regret nothing.
Which reminds me, can anyone explain to me in general, how to acquire the source code for any Chrome extension?

I've already got the code for the bot, but only because piotr posted a link to a .zip

I googled my question above, but the best info / instructions I can find seem to be based on an older version of Chrome...
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003
MODIFICATION OF THE BOT NEEDED

Offering 0.5BTC reward to whoever will modify the bot as follows and post it as an installable extension:

- Interval: 10 minutes (VWAP based preferred)
- EMA intervals freely configurable from 0 to 200
- calculation over the last 250 timeframes

You should just request it for free, offering 0.5BTC is just showing absolute disrespect to anyone capable of modifying the code.

sorry if you feel that way.

There has been lots of interest in this bot by people who can't hack so maybe they should also chip into the pot to make the bounty reasonable as I understand anyone who would donate 20BTC+ to have this bot upgraded would probably just buy their own bot.  So maybe other people who are interested should chip in so a reasonable bounty can be offered as it can be used by anyone.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005
this space intentionally left blank

Offering 0.5BTC reward to whoever will modify the bot as follows and post it as an installable extension:

You should just request it for free, offering 0.5BTC is just showing absolute disrespect to anyone capable of modifying the code.

sorry if you feel that way.

legendary

I'll add 0.5BTC if you make the EMA configurable from 200 to 0 to 200 and make the time Interval adjustable from 5/10 minutes up to 24hrs.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005
this space intentionally left blank

legendary

I've read Goomboo's journal my post was stating how the bot won't let me put in EMA 21, EMA 10.
just go into the code and change the buy to sell and sell to buy, and let us know how it goes

I've not done any programming in ten years now and then it was C and Assembly so don't think I know how to do that  Huh
Activity: 514

I've read Goomboo's journal my post was stating how the bot won't let me put in EMA 21, EMA 10.
just go into the code and change the buy to sell and sell to buy, and let us know how it goes
Activity: 360
Merit: 250

The default bot doesn't let you put it in, beside of 1000 other things which are not supported by this bot, because it's a bot for the referenced trading strategy, and what you expect from the current bot is not matching with this strategy. So it shouldn't be surprising that it doesn't work or even be a cause for being disappointed or even complaining about anything.

However, if you would like to change the bot behavior just look into the code and modify it to your needs, or ask nicely if someone is so kindly to guide you what you have to change.  
legendary
I'm not getting any luck. It seems like the bot is doing the complete opposite of what it should. It sold BTC @4.85 and then bought at 4.95  Huh

Is it possible to make it remember the previous buy/sell price so that it won't make dumb decisions?

Also i see some of you are trying to make this a high frequency bot instead of 2hours. I'm interested in how that's working out.

Dzieki Piotr za zajebisty program.

Yeah I thought the inverse of EMA 21, EMA 10 would be better at the moment but the bot wont take those settings  Huh

This has actually already been said IN THIS THREAD, but since I wish to procrastinate my school work even further, here it is again:

Go read the Goomboo's Journal thread.  ALL OF IT.  You WILL LOSE MORE OFTEN THAN YOU WIN using that system.  GOOMBOO SAID THAT HIMSELF.

The point of having a trading SYSTEM is that the aggregate of your trades ends you up with a profit after an arbitrary amount of time sticking to the system.  Unless you want to be a professional trader, you probably should spend your time elsewhere.
If you just want to make a couple good big trades by using any kind of logical analysis -- you already missed the boat on that.  The ONLY help you will get on THAT at this point is pure luck.  Sort of like how I missed the boat on the early easy mining.
Sad, but true.

Activity: 686
Shame on everything; regret nothing.
I'm not getting any luck. It seems like the bot is doing the complete opposite of what it should. It sold BTC @4.85 and then bought at 4.95  Huh

Is it possible to make it remember the previous buy/sell price so that it won't make dumb decisions?

Also i see some of you are trying to make this a high frequency bot instead of 2hours. I'm interested in how that's working out.

Yeah I thought the inverse of EMA 21, EMA 10 would be better at the moment but the bot wont take those settings  Huh

This has actually already been said IN THIS THREAD, but since I wish to procrastinate my school work even further, here it is again:

Go read the Goomboo's Journal thread.  ALL OF IT.  You WILL LOSE MORE OFTEN THAN YOU WIN using that system.  GOOMBOO SAID THAT HIMSELF.

The point of having a trading SYSTEM is that the aggregate of your trades ends you up with a profit after an arbitrary amount of time sticking to the system.  Unless you want to be a professional trader, you probably should spend your time elsewhere.
If you just want to make a couple good big trades by using any kind of logical analysis -- you already missed the boat on that.  The ONLY help you will get on THAT at this point is pure luck.  Sort of like how I missed the boat on the early easy mining.
Sad, but true.
legendary
I'm not getting any luck. It seems like the bot is doing the complete opposite of what it should. It sold BTC @4.85 and then bought at 4.95  Huh

Yeah I thought the inverse of EMA 21, EMA 10 would be better at the moment but the bot wont take those settings  Huh
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
I'm not getting any luck. It seems like the bot is doing the complete opposite of what it should. It sold BTC @4.85 and then bought at 4.95  Huh

piotr_n, one last thing, Ive got everything set to 300(5mins) rather than 3600(60mins), I just need to figure out where to adjust the updates to reflect the 5min periods rather than 12periods displayed as the same hour ie. 13:00 is displayed 12times since it shows 12 periods of 5mins, can you show me where to adjust it so that it would write 13:05 , 13:10 etc.
popup.html - this line:
Code:
			r.insertCell(-1).innerHTML=(new Date(bp.tim[i]*3600*1000)).getHours() + ":00"
you need to replace ":00" with... something else Tongue

Sweet, lets see how much failcake I can produce Tongue
legendary
Activity: 2053
Merit: 1356
aka tonikt
piotr_n, one last thing, Ive got everything set to 300(5mins) rather than 3600(60mins), I just need to figure out where to adjust the updates to reflect the 5min periods rather than 12periods displayed as the same hour ie. 13:00 is displayed 12times since it shows 12 periods of 5mins, can you show me where to adjust it so that it would write 13:05 , 13:10 etc.
popup.html - this line:
Code:
			r.insertCell(-1).innerHTML=(new Date(bp.tim[i]*3600*1000)).getHours() + ":00"
you need to replace ":00" with... something else Tongue
a) if you were to make this an android app, i'd buy it.
b) please remove restrictions as for the EMA numbers (i like to use 100/200, for example)
c) please remove restrictions as for the interval used (lowest: 5minutes, highest 1d, maybe)?
d) please make use of VWAP optionally instead of first price
e) for the android app, please add graphic chart widget

I can't code for the life of me. But if someone were to, I'd buy it.

+1

Maybe it's just me being dyslexic but I get the feeling EMA 10, EMA 21 should be inverted to EMA 21, EMA 10 so the bot buy's BTC at <-0.25% and sells BTC at >+0.25%  Huh

Currently its correct, when ema10 moves upwards across ema21 you are meant to buy and when it moves from top downward across ema21 you are meant to sell so the setup is correct.
legendary
Activity: 2053
Merit: 1356
aka tonikt
Also, if you want "as soon as...", you may want to shorten the period of how often the extension is checking if there is a new candle.
Now it is 3 minutes:
setInterval(updateH1, 3*60*1000) // recheck every 3 minutes

And make sure that the time set on your PC is quite precise.
Great, let me give that a whirl.
Pages:
Jump to: