Pages:
Author

Topic: Chrome Browser extension: MtGox trading bot - page 7. (Read 72509 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
We have just updated out EMA bot to Version 1.1, which solves a lot of the issues discussed on this thread. An explanation of new features below with accompanying pictures Smiley.

Get it at: www.btcbots.com
Thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2051530

Features:

1. GREATLY improved stability regarding Mt.Gox lag and API issues. Don't watch your bot crash when Mt.Gox is on the Fritz!
2. Support for EURO trading!
3. Trailing stop loss! Get out when you want to get out, no need for EMA value adjustments, just set stop loss and stop worrying!
4. Completely redesigned interface!
5. Bot can now accept NEGATIVE THRESHOLDS!
6. Graph interface included in options menu to help with bot trading value adjustments.
7.. EMA Lines added to the Graph.
8. Option to disable trading temporarily without having to shut the bot down.
9. 2 Day graph in main interface.
10. Same UNLIMITED world class tech support included for the installation and initial operation phase of your bot. More upgrades coming soon.

11. And best of all, it's a FREE upgrade for existing customers! and you can still use coupon code TB0874 for 10% OFF instantly!

Can I ask a few questions about your trailing stop-loss (which is a very nice feature indeed!)
Is your bot constantly monitoring ALL trades (to adjust the stop-loss trigger price) in real time (to be able to sell if the price suddenly drops between sample points)? Or is the stop-loss function simply monitoring the first trade of every interval? I.e. will your bot react and trigger a sale immediately if the price drops at some time between two samples? (a proper trailing stop-loss should react immediately as it's a safety feature to prevent loss when the price is dropping quickly).

And as your stop-loss logic may often collide with your EMA-bot strategy, how does your bot combine the stop-loss logic with the EMA-bot strategy?  I.e. if he stop-loss triggers a sale, but the EMA-strategy still detects an up-trend, what will happen? Will the EMA-logic be disabled? Because your bot can't start buying again, the minute after after a stop-loss sale, right?

And one final question about the charts you are using.
You DO have permission from bitcoincharts.com and pay a licensing fee to them for embedding/hotlinking their charts in your commercial product, right?
Activity: 46
Just read over all 22 pages of this thread, quite a damn good read, and I have a few comments.

I had been looking for an open source bot developed in collaboration, more open minds are better than one.  You guys working this together and bouncing ideas off one another is exactly what Bitcoin breeds, and needs.  Its pretty awesome, and becomes recognized even more so when you got some dude going all WarZ on your code and attempting to profit off of it.  To top that off the site states that it is sold for USD, not bitcoin, which kind of goes against the principle of Bitcoin.  I had gone through the few different version of the bot and so far I am really liking the latest volatility thresholds that were implemented.  I feel like there is a lot more control over the bot, and have been seeing slow, positive results over the last 48 hours.

Currently my settings are:
Sample interval 5 mins
trade after 1
buy threshold at .25
sell threshold at .20
vol samples 3
vol buy threshold .90
vol sell threshold .95

Im not a programmer but I am a server engineer.  If you guys ever need any assistance let me know, I'm sure there are plenty of folk out there willing to lend resources or a hand Wink

Keep up the good work

Be careful, eduk's version is not implementing fixes from tobli's v0217 and v0218 (v2 api etc.). Furthermore, I strongly advise you not to use sampling intervals shorter than 15 minutes: I started with 10m, and lost a lot even with high thresholds. I'm better off with 30m now!
Activity: 490
Merit: 101
FRX: Ferocious Alpha
Just read over all 22 pages of this thread, quite a damn good read, and I have a few comments.

I had been looking for an open source bot developed in collaboration, more open minds are better than one.  You guys working this together and bouncing ideas off one another is exactly what Bitcoin breeds, and needs.  Its pretty awesome, and becomes recognized even more so when you got some dude going all WarZ on your code and attempting to profit off of it.  To top that off the site states that it is sold for USD, not bitcoin, which kind of goes against the principle of Bitcoin.  I had gone through the few different version of the bot and so far I am really liking the latest volatility thresholds that were implemented.  I feel like there is a lot more control over the bot, and have been seeing slow, positive results over the last 48 hours.

Currently my settings are:
Sample interval 5 mins
trade after 1
buy threshold at .25
sell threshold at .20
vol samples 3
vol buy threshold .90
vol sell threshold .95

Im not a programmer but I am a server engineer.  If you guys ever need any assistance let me know, I'm sure there are plenty of folk out there willing to lend resources or a hand Wink

Keep up the good work
Activity: 40
I'm glad everyone is working together.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
You forgot....

99. You took several other's generous intellectual contributions to the community and built a business around it @ $99 per copy?

I give it less than a day before he takes that new guys very nice standalone jnode contribution (Gekko) and sells us that as well.

Activity: 46

1. GREATLY improved stability regarding Mt.Gox lag and API issues. Don't watch your bot crash when Mt.Gox is on the Fritz!
3. Trailing stop loss! Get out when you want to get out, no need for EMA value adjustments, just set stop loss and stop worrying!
6. Graph interface included in options menu to help with bot trading value adjustments.
10. Same UNLIMITED world class tech support included for the installation and initial operation phase of your bot. More upgrades coming soon.

11. And best of all, it's a FREE upgrade for existing customers! and you can still use coupon code TB0874 for 10% OFF instantly!

I think this is unappropriate advertising. You already have your own topic.
1. api v2? websocket? doesn't matter: when it's lagging, shitstorm is on everybody
2. NO SHIT! everybody does that.
3. stop loss is stupid for an ema bot (read past days' posts)
4. NO SHIT!
5. wow! it must have been seriously hard to implement
6. ...

I'm bored. Could you please stop annoying us with your advertising?
legendary
Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000
We have just updated out EMA bot to Version 1.1, which solves a lot of the issues discussed on this thread. An explanation of new features below with accompanying pictures Smiley.

Get it at: www.btcbots.com
Thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2051530

Features:

Screenshots of the current version (V1.1):

Any questions? Please email me:

[email protected]

Activity: 287
Merit: 250
For those interested I've just released my own tradebot Gekko. It is also written in javascript but it runs on nodejs and not in the browser. I'm hoping we can take javascript based trade bots to the next level!

Gekko currently does EMA and I'm planning to add more methods in the future.

Gekko's thread
Activity: 287
Merit: 250
Is it fine to change MaxSamplesToKeep to anything? Any reason why it's 144? (12x12)?

Also wondering this. Because it's EMA when a new sample is added and its EMAs are calculated, only the most recent EMAs are being taken into account. However this does influence the EMAs calculated on startup (making them more accurately).
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
TobbeLino, thnks again for sharing. Very cool.

I'm playing around with the source (will create a pull request if it becomes useful). Just wondering about MaxTradingIntervalMinutes and MaxSamplesToKeep.

What does MaxTradingIntervalMinutes represent?

Is it fine to change MaxSamplesToKeep to anything? Any reason why it's 144? (12x12)?

legendary
Activity: 1372
Thanks a lot for the extension. Especially for the modified version. May I suggest one small improvement? Storing current price in localstorage after buy order was executed and checkbox in options page  to skip sell if current sell price lower than pervious buy price.
Code:
if ((tradingEnabled==1)&&(ApiKey!='')) {
if ((skipSellEnabled==1)&&(currentPrice>lastBuyPrice)) {
console.log("SELL! (EMA("+EmaShortPar+")/EMA("+EmaLongPar+")<-"+MinSellThreshold+"% for "+tickCountSell+" or more ticks)");

Exactly a current price is not the current price. You make sell order at some time, looking for delayed data....  sell price can be requested from gox only after operation completed.  Shocked  
Activity: 17
Thanks a lot for the extension. Especially for the modified version. May I suggest one small improvement? Storing current price in localstorage after buy order was executed and checkbox in options page  to skip sell if current sell price lower than pervious buy price.
Code:
if ((tradingEnabled==1)&&(ApiKey!='')) {
if ((skipSellEnabled==1)&&(currentPrice>lastBuyPrice)) {
console.log("SELL! (EMA("+EmaShortPar+")/EMA("+EmaLongPar+")<-"+MinSellThreshold+"% for "+tickCountSell+" or more ticks)");
It's probably just a temporary MtGox access problem - unfortunately it happens from time to time - MtGox API isn't very stable :/   (you cannot get data from the URL https://data.mtgox.com/api/2/BTCUSD/money/info by loading it directly in the browser, as your API key has to be included in the header)

Right now, MtGox access works for me - have you tried restarting the extension? (or the whole browser)
Yes, over the past three days I restarted Chrome and reloaded the extension several times. I even spun up an EC2 instance just to be sure it wasn't some weird config issue on my computer... but I always got the same message in the bot. I'd read elsewhere that MtGox's API wasn't very stable so at first I assumed that was the problem, but when it persisted after a day I thought I might have set something wrong.

But you must have some Gox Voodoo because now that you've posted, there's no problem Smiley Thanks for replying!

MtGox has been very unstable the last days... Probably new DDoS-attacks against them :/
Activity: 20
It's probably just a temporary MtGox access problem - unfortunately it happens from time to time - MtGox API isn't very stable :/   (you cannot get data from the URL https://data.mtgox.com/api/2/BTCUSD/money/info by loading it directly in the browser, as your API key has to be included in the header)

Right now, MtGox access works for me - have you tried restarting the extension? (or the whole browser)
Yes, over the past three days I restarted Chrome and reloaded the extension several times. I even spun up an EC2 instance just to be sure it wasn't some weird config issue on my computer... but I always got the same message in the bot. I'd read elsewhere that MtGox's API wasn't very stable so at first I assumed that was the problem, but when it persisted after a day I thought I might have set something wrong.

But you must have some Gox Voodoo because now that you've posted, there's no problem Smiley Thanks for replying!
I'm having an issue with TobbeLino's GoxTradingBotTobli. I sent a PM but then read in the previous page that he'd probably be away for a while for parenting duties.

Using the latest files from GitHub, I've created an API Key with the two permissions stated in the readme and I've set the API Key and secret in the bot's configuration. Upon loading Chrome, I receive an error on the bot:
"Problem accessing MtGox account."

I opened the console and can see this:
2013-05-16 11:25:50 [background.js:580] Using MtGox API v2
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 503 (OK)

The second line has a URL: https://data.mtgox.com/api/2/BTCUSD/money/info
The URL contains the following text:
{"result":"error","error":"Identification required to access private API","token":"login_error_missing_rest_key"}

I'm not sure what's required to correct this problem. I've double-checked my API Key, and even created a new API Key/Secret - but the problem persists. Any ideas?

Activity: 20
I'm having an issue with TobbeLino's GoxTradingBotTobli. I sent a PM but then read in the previous page that he'd probably be away for a while for parenting duties.

Using the latest files from GitHub, I've created an API Key with the two permissions stated in the readme and I've set the API Key and secret in the bot's configuration. Upon loading Chrome, I receive an error on the bot:
"Problem accessing MtGox account."

I opened the console and can see this:
2013-05-16 11:25:50 [background.js:580] Using MtGox API v2
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 503 (OK)

The second line has a URL: https://data.mtgox.com/api/2/BTCUSD/money/info
The URL contains the following text:
{"result":"error","error":"Identification required to access private API","token":"login_error_missing_rest_key"}

I'm not sure what's required to correct this problem. I've double-checked my API Key, and even created a new API Key/Secret - but the problem persists. Any ideas?
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
interesting stuff Smiley
Activity: 514

Here's some assumptions I made:
* Gox has a big volume, but is unreliable (recent news+api downtime)
* Btc-e has no market orders
* bitstamp follows, and I've been told I could give it a try
* Price on exchanges other than Gox ROUGHLY follow Gox's pattern, with some intrinsic delay
* This bot has its own delay: it buys a bit after the bottom, it sells a bit after the top; this is due to the EMA inertia

So, my idea would be the one of a bot that gets the price data from gox, and trades on Bitstamp (or another suitable exchange )

Provided that some events could heavily  influence the price on this alternative exchange INDIPENDENTLY to what's going on on gox, so further checking is needed, could this be an idea?
I had wondered about that idea too, dont know if it would be an advantage or not
Activity: 514

What would happen if the bot would place an order with an extreme price?
E.g. when selling, it could try to sell with the price $1 and btc-e will sell at the highest bid?
And when buying, if the bot specifies $10,000, it will start buying at the lowest price asked?
Can we trust that and not end up buying/selling at crazy rates?
I would assume that would work, thats how mtgox seems to do it in any case
legendary
Activity: 965
You should use the depth, not the ticker. There are many bots trading there, posting 0.1 orders etc. So if you want to sell a few btc, you'd have to consider the first x orders, not just the first order...
Pages:
Jump to: