Author

Topic: Claymore's CryptoNote AMD GPU Miner v11.3 - page 181. (Read 2145041 times)

Activity: 935
Merit: 1001
I don't always drink...
December 19, 2016, 02:05:53 PM
which is best pool for mining monero?

Dwarfpool.
I wonder why so categorically?

Likewise.  I mean it depends on are where you are.  Pinging Dwarf vs. Monerohash for me is longer and Dwarf charges 2% instead of 1.6% so guess where I am?

Monerohash is TINY compared to dwarfpool. Dwarfpool has a proven track record for years to be trust worthy and has ~30% of the XMR network. That means frequent luck, payments and their functionality is solid. But by all means, don't let logic stand in the way of choosing an inferior pool for 0.4% (it's actually far more in the favor of dwarfpool due to their size)

I don't dislike Dwarfpool, I have used them extensively for ETH, but I was chiming in on the "categorically" post.  Your comment about "logic" is insulting and implies that you believe that larger is better in regards to choosing a pool.  As any miner should know, diversification of pools is critical for the health of any cryptocurrency and your post actually reveals a lot more about your lack of logic.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
December 19, 2016, 01:32:22 PM

Dwarfpool.

Likewise.  I mean it depends on are where you are.  Pinging Dwarf vs. Monerohash for me is longer and Dwarf charges 2% instead of 1.6% so guess where I am?

Monerohash is TINY compared to dwarfpool. Dwarfpool has a proven track record for years to be trust worthy and has ~30% of the XMR network. That means frequent luck, payments and their functionality is solid. But by all means, don't let logic stand in the way of choosing an inferior pool for 0.4% (it's actually far more in the favor of dwarfpool due to their size)
Activity: 935
Merit: 1001
I don't always drink...
December 19, 2016, 11:17:19 AM

Dwarfpool.

legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
December 19, 2016, 10:19:14 AM
why my fan and my cards
doe not work
why mining monero???
December 19, 2016, 09:55:22 AM

Dwarfpool.

I've been using them from the start. Rock solid, no stealing of shares server-side (other pools are doing it), geographically spread etc etc etc.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
December 19, 2016, 09:08:47 AM

Dwarfpool.
December 19, 2016, 08:48:04 AM
Is there a user friendly Monero wallet yet?

Client side user friend wallet, no.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
December 19, 2016, 08:33:15 AM

mymonero.com

You can mine however also directly to exchange
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
December 19, 2016, 08:00:25 AM
Activity: 307
December 19, 2016, 08:00:02 AM

Hi Claymore,

ZEC Dual Miner?

.... ZEC and another coin??

Dual mining with ZEC will not be possible, because ZEC uses too many GPU and memory recources at the same time.

(Sorry, I oversaw the previous post)
December 19, 2016, 07:53:04 AM
ZEC definately won't be dual mine, he said it before in his ZEC thread, it uses both memory and GPU.

It would be nice to get some other form of ETH dual miner with a coin thats more profitable than SIA,DCR and LBRY.

Last time I checked, dual mining isn't worth the extra power used. Even if it is, the additional stress that it puts on the hardware certainly doesn't justify the tiny profit margin.
December 19, 2016, 07:51:33 AM

Dwarfpool.
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
December 19, 2016, 07:42:28 AM
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
December 19, 2016, 07:12:57 AM
ZEC definately won't be dual mine, he said it before in his ZEC thread, it uses both memory and GPU.

It would be nice to get some other form of ETH dual miner with a coin thats more profitable than SIA,DCR and LBRY.
Activity: 372
The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom
December 19, 2016, 04:32:42 AM
because so many RX noobs joined

And you were exactly one of them. You used your old cards to mine ZEC, and know you dont want other people enjoy full speed XMR?

yup exactly!  newmz got quite lucky that his old cards were good for mining ZEC, now he wants those of us with newer cards to effectively be punished by Claymore not updating this miner?  Man, talk about sour grapes lol.  But all is not lost newmz... you can keep on mining ZEC until it falls to $5 if it makes you happy to see those blazing hashrates lol.

I'm sorry that I offended all you "RX noobs" as I so rudely wrote. I wasn't quite myself when I posted that silly tirade. I was drunk - I admit it. It was supposed to be a bit of a joke/troll based on the whole state of affairs in alt-coin mining over the last year: ETH mining was awsome until the RX cards were released and difficulty sky-rocketed. Then very recently ZEC was good but only for a few weeks - I even regretted that I had sold some 280X cards when I saw what they could do in ZEC. I personally looked around for something else to mine because I find it fun. I chose XMR because it seems to deliver what ZEC promised (anonymity) and it's slightly profitable for me and my rigs. I'm definitely not going to "keep on mining ZEC until it falls to $5" because I have to at least cover my electrical bill. I'm not a big farmer obsessed by ROI or whatever, I do this for fun and I have 2 rigs with 10 GPUs total. They happen to be mostly 290s, a couple of 290Xs and a couple of 380s.

I guess what I was really trying to say was - that I hope that if Mr. Claymore does update his CryptoNote miner (and RX cards are made much more XMR "viable") it doesn't cause a massive migration across to XMR just like the migration from ETH to ZEC. Of course I admit I was part of that migration, but I had already been mining ETH for many months. I just got really annoyed when a crap-ton of people appeared on the ethereum mining forum and it basically turned into the "RX470/480 BIOS flashing forum". So I guess I developed an unreasonable prejudice against RX cards. Sorry. Yes it's selfish to hope that RX card owners don't benefit from Claymore's skills, but I can't afford to buy a whole lot of RXs and start again.

For the record, I have been mining for almost a year. So compared to many on this forum I suppose I'm definitely a "noob" myself.

I apologise to whoever I offended.
Activity: 600
Merit: 261
December 18, 2016, 06:35:21 PM
I will update this miner as soon as I can. But firstly I need to update ZEC and dual miners, so it will take several days.

Hi Claymore,

ZEC Dual Miner?

Thanks Claymore! Good to know this is on your radar.

btw, I believe Claymore meant updating ZEC (stand-alone) GPU miner and was probably referring to his ETH + DCR, LBRY, etc dual miner since there is currently no ZEC dual miner.  Looking forward to the update of all 3.  Grin
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
December 18, 2016, 01:27:51 PM
I will update this miner as soon as I can. But firstly I need to update ZEC and dual miners, so it will take several days.

Great. Although DualMiners and ZEC was updated recently... And CriptoNote very long time no updated...
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
December 18, 2016, 12:41:11 PM

Hi Claymore,

ZEC Dual Miner?

donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
December 18, 2016, 12:36:39 PM
Activity: 307
December 18, 2016, 11:52:36 AM
@Claymore: XMI-Mining only works with the "-nofee 1" option. I would like to pay the fee and have the benefits of the full miner. THX.
Jump to: