Author

Topic: Claymore's CryptoNote AMD GPU Miner v11.3 - page 265. (Read 2145040 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
anybody noticed slower speed with 4.1 and 4.2?With v4.0 i was getting  30hash more
Activity: 302
Imagine a world without hate and oppression
my settings for 280x toxic is 1080/1500,gpuvddc=1.2,i get 4x280x=1530,thats maxumum i can get,fans are on 60%..windows 8.1,miner 3.3
4*7970 on 1100\1500=1.92Khs
This is my setting for cgminer (Scrypt):

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://eu.multipool.us:3352 -u username -p pass --lookup-gap 2 --thread-concurrency 11200 -g 2 -I 13 -w 256 --auto-fan --temp-cutoff 90 --temp-overheat 85 --temp-target 60 --gpu-memclock 1500 --gpu-engine 1050 --gpu-powertune 15 --expiry 1 --scan-time 1 --queue 0

whats .bat file for CryptNote? please change this .bat file for me to XMR
Activity: 378
no fee option doesnt work for me
edit: it works now
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
I understand those who want to use a proxy :
They want (at best) to see a open source miner, or (most common) are greedy and don't want to give 5% of their hashrate in payment for the development of the software.
More, some don't want to pay a fee because the dev made money (actually, made XRM and also other cryptonote (don't forget BCN/XDN/QCN etc..) - don't forget too that many user use minergate, you don't know how much Claymore did there..and i think it's huge)

but..
Getting paid for his work is normal. None of you work for free right ?

But the amount is disturbing.
As said before, 5% is a lot. I think at first Claymore put 5% without knowing the amount he will make, and after, no way to lower it, especially because after some time, some pools pay only a part to his address (and, sorry, but it's stealing, even if you give the amount back to miners) and also proxy. Btw, proxy won't work with minergate (not a wallet address as login/pass)
If you are a dev, and if you spend time to make a program and support it, it's normal to get paid for it. Nobody complain about fees on pool, and the amount gained that way is huge too. Ok, they have hardware renting, support to do etc.. some huge work ok..just like developping and making support for a software...because pools "only take 1 to 2% of fees (and there is no way to bypass it..)

But cryptoworld is for the whole majority of people a matter of fair and open source. Making "too much" money with it is like giving control of bitcoin and other crypto to banks.

Another problem is that in miners' mind, too much amount of any money give you too much control on this money and people will claim that you greedly dumped it and it's you're fault if all cryptonote coin are too low Wink

If i were you, i'll set up a pool and make a new version of the miner (with lower fee) that take the fee mining on this pool. If the connexion to the pool is blocked (by proxy/host moddification etc), you stop the miner.
You keep control of your fees and miners are pleased to have lower fee. win/win
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
yes you can,i use cgminer 3.72 for these settings and its very stable,no crashing..i run cgminer for couple of sec and turn it off,then i run claymore miner 3.3 for 13.12 drivers
Activity: 276
my settings for 280x toxic is 1080/1500,gpuvddc=1.2,i get 4x280x=1530,thats maxumum i can get,fans are on 60%..windows 8.1,miner 3.3
4*7970 on 1100\1500=1.92Khs
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
Claymore, I just wanted to thank you for your fantastic work. Your miner is awesome and you definitely deserve the ongoing development fee. I would recommend you though to make the fee more flexible instead of off and high. I believe that the majority of people are very happy to permanently donate between 1 and 5 %. Take away the no fee option. If someone doesn't even want to donate 1 %, that person is obviously a greedy asshole.

i actually agree with you, give people the option, and those who are greedy should have to suffer a lower speed on thier cards. like the new yam miner, lowest donation/dev fee is 2%...... give the user the choice really....
Activity: 118
And again. Any ETA for PIMP version ?

Thanks,
-- edit
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Claymore, I just wanted to thank you for your fantastic work. Your miner is awesome and you definitely deserve the ongoing development fee. I would recommend you though to make the fee more flexible instead of off and high. I believe that the majority of people are very happy to permanently donate between 1 and 5 %. Take away the no fee option. If someone doesn't even want to donate 1 %, that person is obviously a greedy asshole.
Activity: 99
Whats good setting for 280x?
Activity: 812
Claymore if i may say some word.
First I wont to say that one "virus detection" of 54 means nothing. I may call ten antivirus maker and told that put file in virus signature and mark it as virus. False positive is from years ago, will be, and always some peace of software will be false positive. I dont wont to go to discussion why is that heapen but it is.
So, one detection doesn't mean nothing and icon oh Trojan doesn't mean it is "bad software". 

Your software Claymore is in my case much more "bad" then any proxy. Why?
Because I MUST terminate Kaspersky before I start CPU or GPU miner. so what I should think about your software? That is peace of shi...?
No, you miner, both of your miners are fastest and I am very happy you write it and publish it. But you also do NOTHING to make it compatible with Kaspersky.
Your protection is bad, and you wont to change it because if you does, someone will recompile, change or anything else, and you will loose your dev fee.

And last: if it is true that you earn 6000 XMR ( and who knows how many other coins) then I think you should  release little slower ( lets say 5 % slower) miners, and look what public will accept: your faster or slower miner.
5% is not small amount: I am very small miner, I have 1KH/s. 5% to me is one day of mining in 20 days...  Lower to 2.5 percent...

1. I agree about false alarms. I don't state this proxy is a virus. But I see that my antivirus alarms sometimes when I close it. Scanning is ok, however.
2. You are correct about protection - I cannot remove it because some people want to spend their time to crack the miner instead of writing own one. So I do nothing because I cannot do anything here. Say thanks these guys.
3. Ok, I just released v4.2 with "-nofee" option, in this mode miner is a bit slower (-10%) but absolutely free, so I will lose 100%, you will lose only 5%. If you think that I'm bad greedy guy and does not deserve the fee - enable this mode.

For the amount of work you put in, 5% (despite being a big cut but) is worth it.

Props on the nofee option, I don't use it since I prefer to support the dev in this case.
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Back ontopic: version 4.1 ignores the -o parameter. Always uses pools.txt.

Yes, it always uses "pools.txt" but it does not ignore "-o" option. It firstly adds pool(s) from "-o" option and then adds pool(s) from "pools.txt".
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Claymore if i may say some word.
First I wont to say that one "virus detection" of 54 means nothing. I may call ten antivirus maker and told that put file in virus signature and mark it as virus. False positive is from years ago, will be, and always some peace of software will be false positive. I dont wont to go to discussion why is that heapen but it is.
So, one detection doesn't mean nothing and icon oh Trojan doesn't mean it is "bad software". 

Your software Claymore is in my case much more "bad" then any proxy. Why?
Because I MUST terminate Kaspersky before I start CPU or GPU miner. so what I should think about your software? That is peace of shi...?
No, you miner, both of your miners are fastest and I am very happy you write it and publish it. But you also do NOTHING to make it compatible with Kaspersky.
Your protection is bad, and you wont to change it because if you does, someone will recompile, change or anything else, and you will loose your dev fee.

And last: if it is true that you earn 6000 XMR ( and who knows how many other coins) then I think you should  release little slower ( lets say 5 % slower) miners, and look what public will accept: your faster or slower miner.
5% is not small amount: I am very small miner, I have 1KH/s. 5% to me is one day of mining in 20 days...  Lower to 2.5 percent...

1. I agree about false alarms. I don't state this proxy is a virus. But I see that my antivirus alarms sometimes when I close it. Scanning is ok, however.
2. You are correct about protection - I cannot remove it because some people want to spend their time to crack the miner instead of writing own one. So I do nothing because I cannot do anything here. Say thanks these guys.
3. Ok, I just released v4.2 with "-nofee" option, in this mode miner is a bit slower (-10%) but absolutely free, so I will lose 100%, you will lose only 5%. If you think that I'm bad greedy guy and does not deserve the fee - enable this mode.
legendary
Activity: 882
just so you guys know, claymore has added a no fee option to miner 4.2...... hope you guys are happy now....
Activity: 57
Back ontopic: version 4.1 ignores the -o parameter. Always uses pools.txt.
Activity: 13
And last: if it is true that you earn 6000 XMR ( and who knows how many other coins) then I think you should  release little slower ( lets say 5 % slower) miners, and look what public will accept: your faster or slower miner.
5% is not small amount: I am very small miner, I have 1KH/s. 5% to me is one day of mining in 20 days...  Lower to 2.5 percent...

He will not. He wants another 6000 XMR.  Shocked
Activity: 13
So now I know how he gets "+50% hashrate"... Another problem is that when you enable internet connection again, nothing happens again, miner still sends shares to nowhere because proxy does not reconnect to the pool. But hashrate is ok of course Smiley

This is bullshit. If proxy can not deliver data, miner will not get response from the pool and will failover. He said that he got hashrate increase on pool, regardless what miner says...
Activity: 229
Merit: 100
Our Claymore sees only the mistakes of others. That his miner with viruses, to 3.4 version cope with bad check for a connection pool and hash sent into the void that currently hash otkolupyvaet 5% more than that proportion of its participation in the program and 10 percent of the codes are closed - he does not see. As many as two posts critics wrote. Why not in your address?. )))  I think the guy to make the proxy version 4 not worse.
Jump to: