Author

Topic: Claymore's CryptoNote AMD GPU Miner v11.3 - page 317. (Read 2145040 times)

donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
I got GPU memory allocation failed although I have set up Windows Virtual Memory to 20 GB

2 x R9 290 Ref

What RAM size is installed?
Assume you use Catalyst 13.12 and GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100, so miner at starting shows "3072 MB available" for every card.

Yes. I have used Catalyst 13.12 and "setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100"
I have 2 GB RAM installed. Windows 7 64 bit. Do I need more RAM?

Probably yes, try to install 4GB and see if it helps. It seems to make OpenCL driver happy you need to have at least 4GB of RAM if your cards have 4GB.
Though it doesn't work without VM 16GB anyway for me, without VM I cannot make work even one 290X with 4GB RAM installed. But 16GB of VM did the trick. Also it depends on Catalyst version, I tested everything on 13.12 only. On system with 8 GB I can run one 290X and one 280X without VM at all, so RAM size installed is important too in some cases.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
I got GPU memory allocation failed although I have set up Windows Virtual Memory to 20 GB

2 x R9 290 Ref

Assume you use Catalyst 13.12 and GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100, so miner at starting shows "3072 MB available" for every card.

Yes. I have used Catalyst 13.12 and "setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100"
I have 2 GB RAM installed. Windows 7 64 bit. Do I need more RAM?
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I'm having problems with my 6 gpu rig with very 1.2..." gpu memory allocation failed"... I have 20 GB set as virtual memory at page file, catalyst 13.12 and standar clocks on each gpu... with version 1.0 I didn't have this problem. gpu are 280x

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App

same here they only fix i found so far is under clock my gpu :/
donator
Miners developer

2 x R9 290 Ref

donator
Miners developer
I did not change anything in GPU part so versions 1.0/1.1/1.2 are the same in RAM requirements. The main problem is in OpenCL driver, to assign big size of GPU RAM it also requires a lot of available RAM for some reason though it doesn't use it at all. So Virtual Memory (VM) helps a lot, it is not used actually but it makes OpenCL driver work correctly.
With Catalyst 13.12, GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100, 4 GB of RAM and 16 GB of VM I can make it work on 4 290X 4GB. But I did not test 5 or 6 cards.
legendary

2 x R9 290 Ref
Activity: 430
Merit: 100
I'm having problems with my 6 gpu rig with very 1.2..." gpu memory allocation failed"... I have 20 GB set as virtual memory at page file, catalyst 13.12 and standar clocks on each gpu... with version 1.0 I didn't have this problem. gpu are 280x

Same here. RAM problem?
Activity: 173
Same for me with 4 x 7970
Activity: 289
O2-Protocol.com Carbon Offset DeFi

Activity: 308

REALLY??

http://weeklyglobalresearch.wordpress.com

wordpress.com

REALLY?

Oh, sh*t. Do you really call *.wordpress.com  a competent resource? Really? My grandma can do a "site" at wordpress.com and post there that Monero was premined for example.
Haha, a real cryptocurrency expert, posting only HIS OWN opinion.

Lots of competent people use wordpress and blogspot, and lots of scammers and FUD with 'proper domains', if the content is good the domain doesn't matter.

Hmm..content is good? You mean content about cryptonote is good? Few quotes, no real OWN RESEARH and "was premined" without any argument.
Do you really think the content is good?
Activity: 308

REALLY??

http://weeklyglobalresearch.wordpress.com

wordpress.com

REALLY?

Oh, sh*t. Do you really call *.wordpress.com  a competent resource? Really? My grandma can do a "site" at wordpress.com and post there that Monero was premined for example.
Haha, a real cryptocurrency expert, posting only HIS OWN opinion.
legendary
Activity: 854
Knowing claymore, there will likely be 20 releases within 2 weeks.  Grin
Activity: 283
Merit: 250
I know I post too many updates today Smiley
However, v1.2 is available now:

- Fixed bug for pools that use variable targets for shares.
- Fixed bugs in Stratum code.

This version must be stable. If it crashes on your system, check "troubleshooting" section in OP.
Feel free to post as many updates as you want.
But make some optimizations to the code.
At that time is better to mine with a CPU.

Yes, optimizations are important, but right now I need to be sure that pool-related code is working fine.
Sure. you know better than me... Thanks Smiley
donator
Miners developer

This version must be stable. If it crashes on your system, check "troubleshooting" section in OP.

Yes, optimizations are important, but right now I need to be sure that pool-related code is working fine.
donator
Miners developer
GPU miners: please update to v1.2 and mine on stratum+tcp://mine.moneropool.org:80

Thanks!

How many more times will we do this today?  Grin

I hope it's last update for a couple days at least Smiley
Activity: 283

legendary
The whole idea of MRO "fair launch" is failed because of several large botnets. E.g., https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/monero-stealth-miner-639375

So Monero developers are not competent to make anything valuabel for CryptoNote at all. And the beneficiaries of the Monero launch are botnet owners. At least Bytecoin developers stake in mined coins can be seen as their reward and a way to stabilize the market, while the botnet dumpers are dangerous for Monero and all CryptoNote.

Aaaand, there was no premine, there was no scam. New evidence suggests so (see Bytecoin thread, pages 102 and on).

Money is where your heart is. Bytecoin is not received by the community. It is useless.

Your post says nothing about how large the botnet is or it is just your imagination. Or you are one of the botnet owners? Wink

If the botnet story is true, so ...

+ Even botnet owners do not care about Bytecoin although they do no pay mining cost.
+ To botnet owners, Bytecoin is just another junk coin

Your argument makes me think that Bytecoin devs are biggest genuine dumpers because they hold lots of coins which botnet owners take years to mine. You said so Wink

Bytecoin is 83% premined in 2 years before launch. It is reported everywhere

http://weeklyglobalresearch.wordpress.com/2014/05/27/research-report-the-most-ethical-and-genuine-altcoins/

Bytecoin devs try to draw a picture that fills with invisible miners and ghost users or unknown saints to make fools think that their coin is legit. Good luck

So Bytecoin is a neither scam nor heavy premined

Bytecoin is done. I respect the dev team for creating the first buggy reference implementation of CryptoNote. I wish them the best
Activity: 560
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
GPU miners: please update to v1.2 and mine on stratum+tcp://mine.moneropool.org:80

Thanks!

How many more times will we do this today?  Grin
donator
Miners developer

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
The whole idea of MRO "fair launch" is failed because of several large botnets. E.g., https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/monero-stealth-miner-639375

So Monero developers are not competent to make anything valuabel for CryptoNote at all. And the beneficiaries of the Monero launch are botnet owners. At least Bytecoin developers stake in mined coins can be seen as their reward and a way to stabilize the market, while the botnet dumpers are dangerous for Monero and all CryptoNote.

Aaaand, there was no premine, there was no scam. New evidence suggests so (see Bytecoin thread, pages 102 and on).

If monero is fail because of botnets why isnt Bytecoin too because of botnets?

Aaaand 80% of mined coins bytecoins were mine before this coin ever announced here or elsewhere on the internet. So yes its premined. But anyway, with 150 billions coins already mined at 5 satoshi price its already at about 5m$ cap. Price of BCN will never go past a few satoshis. And noone serious would invest in something a few people hold more than 80% ready to dump... BCN was probably started as a test coin and it should have stayed there...but someone decided to make a few BTC and made it public...
Jump to: