Pages:
Author

Topic: Claymore's CryptoNote Windows CPU Miner v4.0 - page 25. (Read 565401 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1007
Professional Native Greek Translator (2000+ done)
This question is purely posted out of curiosity.

The website Minergate has a feature called web mining; where simply having a browser tab open that includes the following code enables mining of one of a number of chosen Cryptonote currencies.

However the speed is a fraction (reporting less than 1 h/s) of what you would get using the same number of cores via a miner such as Claymore's.

Would scripting a miner like Claymore's into a code similar to the following even be possible? Perhaps if you ran it on a VPS or what not?

Here is the webmining script from Minergate:

Code:

Thanks!

Strato

That's not the actual script, and JS doesn't allow access to CPU instructions, so not really.

I've used the webminer too; it delivers about 1H/s on an i5, while using all the available CPU power. What's even more interesting though, is that when you try to run it from a mobile phone (Samsung Note 3) it manages about 2-3H/s!!! I'm a bit confused, but I think that's it's a JS routine that does only the computation work and another routine takes the shares for it.

Just speculating of course, I can't say for sure.

The JS is completely emulated - the hashrate you get may as well be the output of a random number generator.

Interesting, but Wolf0, I also noticed that while only 1 h/s is realized, the browser does in fact cause the cpu to jump accordingly. I even bound the browser to cpus, i tried 2 cpus, and it maxes out 2 cpus.

So that said, it's doing something.... What though?

Strato

how can i embed this on my site and make the script use my account?
legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001
Maybe adding a -allcoin 1 switch? Grin
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Is it possible to mine another (a newer) Cryptonote coin?
Miner says "unknown wallet address"

No, currently it supports only XMR, QCN, FCN, BCN, Aeon, Duck, Dashcoin, OEC, MCN, ORION.
legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001
Is it possible to mine another (a newer) Cryptonote coin?
Miner says "unknown wallet address"
eeX
Activity: 961
Merit: 500
Soldo.IN [SLD]
Activity: 335
Merit: 250
Be very careful, guys!

Claymore miners are very fast but a lot of shit inside Sad

Care to elaborate?
eeX
Soldo.IN [SLD]
Be very careful, guys!

Claymore miners are very fast but a lot of shit inside Sad
Activity: 280
Merit: 103
bcn.pool.minergate.com:45550 -u YOUR_EMAIL -p x successful

Thx for help
Hi all,

I'm using Claymore CryptoNote CPU Miner but can't start error with ;

Wrong wallet address my adress - XMR/QCN/BCN/FCN/Aeon/Duck/Dash/OEC/MCN/ORION addresses are supported only.
121c   Pool dsh.miner.center removed from the list
121c   No pools specified! Specify at least one pool in "pools.txt" file or in "-o" parameter.

bat files :NsCpuCNMiner64 -o stratum+tcp://dsh.miner.center:8555 -u my adress -p x

Have an idea?

Thx.
I don't see any DSH pool on miner.center.
Try some other pool.

thx so much, i will try and do you have another advice?
Activity: 352
Hi all,

Wrong wallet address my adress - XMR/QCN/BCN/FCN/Aeon/Duck/Dash/OEC/MCN/ORION addresses are supported only.
121c   No pools specified! Specify at least one pool in "pools.txt" file or in "-o" parameter.

bat files :NsCpuCNMiner64 -o stratum+tcp://dsh.miner.center:8555 -u my adress -p x

Have an idea?

Thx.
I don't see any DSH pool on miner.center.
Try some other pool.
Hi all,

Have an idea?

Thx.
eeX
Soldo.IN [SLD]
any news?
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Hi all,
i've coded a simple GUI for this awesome miner.
now you can start multiple instances with different parameters, store pools in one place and it also shows the graph of total hashrate according to logs.

https://github.com/curly-brace/Claymore-CPU-Miner-GUI

there is also a precompiled archive with latest miner included, for non-programmer guys)
Activity: 151
Merit: 10
September 15, 2015, 06:39:06 AM
what is cannot convert blob data I keep getting that. also I don't understand a lot thr when you get a share. I may try the gpu version next week
eeX
Soldo.IN [SLD]
September 05, 2015, 03:06:04 PM
Hello!

Do you have any plans to make new version?

AEON mining doesn't work properly after last hardfork, BTW Sad
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
I'm a Firestarter!
I'm using default config for CPU mininmg.
I thinkg it's best solution as CPU will not overheat and hash rate is pretty good.
But wondering, if - for exaple - I have CPU with 36 core and it run by default (50%) 18 core, will the effect remain for like a month or I do need to change it by some time?
Activity: 446
Merit: 251
Im getting 275 H/s with a FX-6300 (overclocked to run at 4.5 Ghz)
Activity: 547
Merit: 502
I´m getting about 430h/s on a dual Xeon X5650 rig (total of 12 cores at 2.66GHz). Is this a speed that is to be expected?

Using 10 threads and no other setting changes. I do have faster mining enabled.

Curious what are you mining?  The x56xx series does quite well however I have not seen anything worth mining in awhile?
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
This question is purely posted out of curiosity.

The website Minergate has a feature called web mining; where simply having a browser tab open that includes the following code enables mining of one of a number of chosen Cryptonote currencies.

However the speed is a fraction (reporting less than 1 h/s) of what you would get using the same number of cores via a miner such as Claymore's.

Would scripting a miner like Claymore's into a code similar to the following even be possible? Perhaps if you ran it on a VPS or what not?

Here is the webmining script from Minergate:

Code:

Thanks!

Strato

That's not the actual script, and JS doesn't allow access to CPU instructions, so not really.

I've used the webminer too; it delivers about 1H/s on an i5, while using all the available CPU power. What's even more interesting though, is that when you try to run it from a mobile phone (Samsung Note 3) it manages about 2-3H/s!!! I'm a bit confused, but I think that's it's a JS routine that does only the computation work and another routine takes the shares for it.

Just speculating of course, I can't say for sure.

The JS is completely emulated - the hashrate you get may as well be the output of a random number generator.

Interesting, but Wolf0, I also noticed that while only 1 h/s is realized, the browser does in fact cause the cpu to jump accordingly. I even bound the browser to cpus, i tried 2 cpus, and it maxes out 2 cpus.

So that said, it's doing something.... What though?

Strato

It's doing Cryptonight... just... badly.
Activity: 462
I´m getting about 430h/s on a dual Xeon X5650 rig (total of 12 cores at 2.66GHz). Is this a speed that is to be expected?

Using 10 threads and no other setting changes. I do have faster mining enabled.

That is more or less right.
Pages:
Jump to: