Pages:
Author

Topic: Claymore's CryptoNote Windows CPU Miner v4.0 - page 26. (Read 565401 times)

Activity: 199
Merit: 100
I´m getting about 430h/s on a dual Xeon X5650 rig (total of 12 cores at 2.66GHz). Is this a speed that is to be expected?

Using 10 threads and no other setting changes. I do have faster mining enabled.
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
This question is purely posted out of curiosity.

The website Minergate has a feature called web mining; where simply having a browser tab open that includes the following code enables mining of one of a number of chosen Cryptonote currencies.

However the speed is a fraction (reporting less than 1 h/s) of what you would get using the same number of cores via a miner such as Claymore's.

Would scripting a miner like Claymore's into a code similar to the following even be possible? Perhaps if you ran it on a VPS or what not?

Here is the webmining script from Minergate:

Code:

Thanks!

Strato

That's not the actual script, and JS doesn't allow access to CPU instructions, so not really.

I've used the webminer too; it delivers about 1H/s on an i5, while using all the available CPU power. What's even more interesting though, is that when you try to run it from a mobile phone (Samsung Note 3) it manages about 2-3H/s!!! I'm a bit confused, but I think that's it's a JS routine that does only the computation work and another routine takes the shares for it.

Just speculating of course, I can't say for sure.

The JS is completely emulated - the hashrate you get may as well be the output of a random number generator.
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
thx for the software but ur devfee is happening a lot more than 2.5%
on mine every 4th and 5th share accepted is devfee
full day mining with urs and wolfs and got more with wolfs at 140h/s vs urs at 170h/s

1. If you get more profit with other miner - use it.
2. Before estimating devfee learn what is "share target" and compare targets for main shares and for devfee shares, miner shows that information.
And/or read previous messages in the topic, it's a good idea: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7330889
Activity: 162
Merit: 102
thx for the software but ur devfee is happening a lot more than 2.5%
on mine every 4th and 5th share accepted is devfee
full day mining with urs and wolfs and got more with wolfs at 140h/s vs urs at 170h/s
Activity: 81
It was only the wind.

The website Minergate has a feature called web mining; where simply having a browser tab open that includes the following code enables mining of one of a number of chosen Cryptonote currencies.

However the speed is a fraction (reporting less than 1 h/s) of what you would get using the same number of cores via a miner such as Claymore's.

Would scripting a miner like Claymore's into a code similar to the following even be possible? Perhaps if you ran it on a VPS or what not?

Code:

Thanks!

Strato

That's not the actual script, and JS doesn't allow access to CPU instructions, so not really.
rif
Activity: 118
Merit: 102
The new version of the accident is not planned? A long time ago there was no upgrades.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1010

Code:

Thanks!

Strato

I've used the webminer too; it delivers about 1H/s on an i5, while using all the available CPU power. What's even more interesting though, is that when you try to run it from a mobile phone (Samsung Note 3) it manages about 2-3H/s!!! I'm a bit confused, but I think that's it's a JS routine that does only the computation work and another routine takes the shares for it.

The JS is completely emulated - the hashrate you get may as well be the output of a random number generator.

Interesting, but Wolf0, I also noticed that while only 1 h/s is realized, the browser does in fact cause the cpu to jump accordingly. I even bound the browser to cpus, i tried 2 cpus, and it maxes out 2 cpus.

So that said, it's doing something.... What though?

Strato
legendary
Activity: 1484
Strange, yet attractive.

Code:

Thanks!

Strato

legendary

Code:

Thanks!

Strato
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Also; I thought I had come across a post recently where a CPU Miner had been released which acheived 1 k/hash mining XMR with a single 4770k CPU. The miner was specifically tuned for the 4770k.

Possibly I got things confused... anyone know anything about this or am I mistaken?

Cheers!

Strato

1kh/s on a single 4770k ? No way.

It is about 300H/S on stock.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
Also; I thought I had come across a post recently where a CPU Miner had been released which acheived 1 k/hash mining XMR with a single 4770k CPU. The miner was specifically tuned for the 4770k.

Possibly I got things confused... anyone know anything about this or am I mistaken?

Cheers!

Strato

1kh/s on a single 4770k ? No way.
legendary
Just thought I'd post results using this miner.

Running 2 instances of the exe/cfg/bat:

Dual E5-2697 v2 (24c/48t) / 128 GB Ram

Reporting System Side Hashrate: 1160 h/sec

Poolside Hashrate: Ranges between 1.1 k/hash and 2.3 k/hash (Thinking the high k/hash rate is due to the pools reporting method/timing; an anomoly; not actually getting 2.3 k/hash - but I could be wrong.

Cheers!

Strato
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
my cpu is i5 4440 ... can u tell me that my cpu has aes ni feature or not ??
Activity: 289
I am getting an Failed to connect error. Suggestions?
I am using these setting

NsCpuCNMiner64 -o stratum+tcp://mine.moneropool.com:3333 -u 42RXCnWcaXp1kyje4s2ky29ELrQSbSRRPHYHVrEgq1TDcJojvUZ3UAc5d3gTtca3hW8mqt72TzJEX1m J5ASKpNfLJZq3r8N -p x

Anyone?
Activity: 289
I am getting an Failed to connect error. Suggestions?
I am using these setting

NsCpuCNMiner64 -o stratum+tcp://mine.moneropool.com:3333 -u 42RXCnWcaXp1kyje4s2ky29ELrQSbSRRPHYHVrEgq1TDcJojvUZ3UAc5d3gTtca3hW8mqt72TzJEX1m J5ASKpNfLJZq3r8N -p x

donator
Miners developer
i cant mine with the normal or high performance mod or mine with slow mod.İ did what did you want from users so opened it as administrator and its closed 1,2 sec after opened what should ı do for correcting this ?

Start console (cmd.exe) and launch .bat for miner from it, this way you will see messages that miner shows before closing.
Activity: 155
Merit: 100
i cant mine with the normal or high performance mod or mine with slow mod.İ did what did you want from users so opened it as administrator and its closed 1,2 sec after opened what should ı do for correcting this ?
donator
Miners developer
MS security Essentials has started flagging this as a trojan.  Also any chance of a faster miner? Smiley

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7908079
Activity: 328
Speaking of CPU miners for CryptoNote, I never had issues with Claymore.
Neither with Wolf0, but Clay shows little more hps.
Pages:
Jump to: