Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1259. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 353
Merit: 251
v4.7:

- improved stability of Linux version.
Yes, I should confirm that since 4.6beta3 there is no more resource leakage in Linux version.

Also just received a report that there were recently another issues with DwarfPool so it rejected a lot of shares in a raw. But this time it was not CDM, but another miner. So I tend to think that my issue with 4.6 was not a miner fault. All I needed was to have an option to restart miner not after some percent of rejects, but after some percent per time interval or sliding window.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
v4.7:

- fixed issue with possible crash if pool sends several jobs at once.
- added "-li" option.
- bug fixes.
- EthMan: added more options for sound notification.
- EthMan: added option to adjust hashrate warning threshold.

Also I'm working on v5 with some new coin for dual mining.

wow.... new coin?

ETH and ??

Give us a hint Claymore  Shocked
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
v4.7:

- fixed issue with possible crash if pool sends several jobs at once.
- added "-li" option.
- bug fixes.
- EthMan: added more options for sound notification.
- EthMan: added option to adjust hashrate warning threshold.

Also I'm working on v5 with some new coin for dual mining.
GH
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
LOL, I should really have checked this before myself...   Undecided
No clue why it was enabled on only these three, but of course you are right - deactivating CrossFire was the (logical) solution.

Thanks for your help and your miner, have a nice day!
donator
Miners developer
Hello,

I know that there is a problem ordering the GPUs via OpenCL/ADL, but we have a slightly different issue here: OpenCL detects 2 of 2 GPUs, but the temperature is only shown for one of the two. OHM and own monitoring script show both cards.
The problem occurs on only 3 of 10 identical or very similar rigs (HW+Windows version). The result is that I can not use the built in clock/temperature control of the miner.
Any ideas?

Thanks!

1. Disable CrossFire.
2. You have dual card like 7990. Unfortunately, I don't have such cards to test.
GH
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
Hello,

I know that there is a problem ordering the GPUs via OpenCL/ADL, but we have a slightly different issue here: OpenCL detects 2 of 2 GPUs, but the temperature is only shown for one of the two. OHM and own monitoring script show both cards.
The problem occurs on only 3 of 10 identical or very similar rigs (HW+Windows version). The result is that I can not use the built in clock/temperature control of the miner.
Any ideas?

Thanks!
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
anyone have a link for catalyst 15.12 driver.

think i've seen someone talking about driver dll's they put in the claymore miner or have i missunderstand that

There you go : http://www.techpowerup.com/218461/amd-releases-radeon-software-crimson-edition-15-12-whql

thx.
Activity: 185

think i've seen someone talking about driver dll's they put in the claymore miner or have i missunderstand that

There you go : http://www.techpowerup.com/218461/amd-releases-radeon-software-crimson-edition-15-12-whql
Activity: 196

Activity: 407
Merit: 254
suprnova closes their ETH pool... Sad

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.15383242
And strictly speaking, they're right. Any fork breaks the main idea of blockchain, making Ethereum NOT that declared on their main page.

The worst thing is that so called hacker may be wrong in general, but strictly complied with the terms of TheDAO contract. Any fork means that a 3rd-party changes the rules of the game on the fly in favor of someone just because some business made something wrong and lost some investments. Any investment is a risk, and they should learn the lesson, fix it and move on. Instead, due to conflict of interests being in both Ethereum foundation and TheDAO curators, they decided to prove the world that they are right to break own rules just because they lost some money due to own fault. Be that a smaller project that failed, no one would ever thought about any forks. But this one just "too big to fail", and that's sad.

No any polls and votes should be treated as the network consensus - they just mean that people trust to the founders without own investigation. If one said 'theft', they do not do own judgement. And just led by a false goal. Killing the whole Ethereum thing as a result.

I don't agree with the premise "people just trust the founders", I dare say there are enough intelligent individuals who can make up their own mind on the subject. A soft-fork is a change of the rules using the existing code that requires consensus, it really does not get more democratic or decentralized than that. If you don't agree with the soft fork u have various avenues to express that so that ur vote is counted. I would agree with Suprnova in case of a hard fork but not for this soft fork.

If there had been a cryptographic gap, in other words a transaction were erased or created that altered the blockchain, I would be in OC's camp.  But this soft fork is simply a change in the protocol.  Just like the soft fork for Homestead, so there's already been a softfork.

If there is a hard fork, I would probably continue with my eth investment program, but OC would be correct and his argument unassailable at that point.

I respect OC's current decision, nonetheless.  I've spent much mining time at Suprnova and one of the things that makes the site reliable and comfortable are OC's well considered ethics.
Activity: 799
Merit: 1000
suprnova closes their ETH pool... Sad

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.15383242
And strictly speaking, they're right. Any fork breaks the main idea of blockchain, making Ethereum NOT that declared on their main page.

The worst thing is that so called hacker may be wrong in general, but strictly complied with the terms of TheDAO contract. Any fork means that a 3rd-party changes the rules of the game on the fly in favor of someone just because some business made something wrong and lost some investments. Any investment is a risk, and they should learn the lesson, fix it and move on. Instead, due to conflict of interests being in both Ethereum foundation and TheDAO curators, they decided to prove the world that they are right to break own rules just because they lost some money due to own fault. Be that a smaller project that failed, no one would ever thought about any forks. But this one just "too big to fail", and that's sad.

No any polls and votes should be treated as the network consensus - they just mean that people trust to the founders without own investigation. If one said 'theft', they do not do own judgement. And just led by a false goal. Killing the whole Ethereum thing as a result.

I don't agree with the premise "people just trust the founders", I dare say there are enough intelligent individuals who can make up their own mind on the subject. A soft-fork is a change of the rules using the existing code that requires consensus, it really does not get more democratic or decentralized than that. If you don't agree with the soft fork u have various avenues to express that so that ur vote is counted. I would agree with Suprnova in case of a hard fork but not for this soft fork.
Activity: 895
Merit: 504
Just a heads up on some of the leaked tests have indicated some heat issues.  So I thought I might mention it.  I would like to see more tests in the wild before I want to go crazy buying cards, or wait until the aftermarket manufacturers cards start to appear in the market.  Maybe you could post some results of your tests once you get your cards Hawkfish007? Smiley

Sure I should get enough to build 2 6 card rigs at release depending on B&H, and planning to preorder more from Newegg  when available with BTC. My Nanos maintained 74C even when my garage ambient was 115F. These cards supposedly use less wattage than Nano. You may be waiting a good month or two for aftermarket designs but who knows.
Activity: 868
Merit: 517
Just a heads up on some of the leaked tests have indicated some heat issues.  So I thought I might mention it.  I would like to see more tests in the wild before I want to go crazy buying cards, or wait until the aftermarket manufacturers cards start to appear in the market.  Maybe you could post some results of your tests once you get your cards Hawkfish007? Smiley
Any idea if these cards on B&H are reference cards or if they will include the better cooling options like the normal aftermarket manufacturers cards?

They are most probably reference design, after market ones should be available at a later date. My reference Nanos stays at 74C no matter what the ambient is without any external fan, so I am not worried much.
Activity: 868
Merit: 517
Any idea if these cards on B&H are reference cards or if they will include the better cooling options like the normal aftermarket manufacturers cards?

$10 over retail, but I don't like the July delivery date!!

I don't think $284 is $10 over retail...

2nd link says $239, I'm actually hoping for a gigabyte version

That's actually MSI brand, preordered a dozen hoping they will ship as soon as they are available.
donator
Miners developer
so I should modify
-ethi parameter to -4196 or sth??

10% of rejects on ETH means that you have bad internet connection, or use bad pool, it is not related to miner settings.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
so I should modify
-ethi parameter to -4196 or sth??
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
What is good  invalid rate for eth mining?  Sometimes i have almost 10% invalids per round Sad

If pool is well operated and tuned you'll got 0% bad shares, because they become stale and good pools accept them too. If pool reject your share it means someone who have faster ping to pool's node have made the same right hash just before you or mined block just solve and becomes outdated. That is why 8x intensity better than 16x even with lower hashrate.

By the way, pool mining makes your hashrate obsolete. Sharerate is the thing.)
Jump to: