Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1261. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 353
Merit: 251
v4.6:
- bug fixes.

Can you confirm if it has any stability improvements on Linux regarding statistics socket? 4.4 had issues, 4.5 didn't have as I thought but there was a report of them here. Today I also found the issue of loosing socket by 4.5 on Linux. What about 4.6, were any changes done for it?

Since you twice ignored this question, I assume the answer is "No changes, Linux 4.6 telemetry still is unstable".

Due to reject issues with 4.6 and some pools I set back to 4.5. After running two rigs for ~45 hours both at the same time and same uptime had lost telemetry sockets, still running fine for mining. I am sending you links to both full logs in PM.

Error: no response

Error: no response

Any chances to have stable telemetry on Linux? Or should I finally write an own process monitor and restart miner when telemetry is lost?

I still cannot reproduce this issue. PM me, I can send you a debug version with more detailed log, it seems it's the only way to fix this problem.
I PMed you at the same time as I wrote it and sent links to full logs. PM was not answered.

Now I repeated the case. Again, both rigs started at the same time stopped responding at the same time. That is common, the uptime - it is around 45 hours. I think some timer overflows with that period.
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
With 4.6, Single 7970GPU(1150,1500), the gpu hangs after some hours and stops working. Hashrate: 20.5+
With 4.5, Single 7970GPU(1150,1500), the gpu 100% Stable. Hashrate: 20.2-
Why its not stable?

Both 4.5 and 4.6 use same OpenCL kernels, so hashrate and stability must be the same...
Activity: 353
Merit: 251
What I cannot understand is how your GPU can change temperature so fast. It takes a few seconds to warm GPU by 10-15C. Did you remove cooling system?
In some cases, usually when risers are used, PCI-e bus can give wrong data reading temps. Usually it is not 100, but 511. But if that was the case, GPU usually does not behave right after that anyway.
donator
Miners developer

Hi Claymore,
I am currently testing a rig with multi GPUs on CDMv4.6
During test, I noticed that an isolated spike in temperature went to 100c and very quickly went down to normal (60s).
Unfortunately, the switches that i have used triggered CDM to shut down that GPU.
The temp spike was really isolated...
My question:
for determining genuine high temp on GPUs, can CDM ignore temp spikes?
Thanks

Do you think it's a good idea to add a pause before disabling overheated GPU? I'm not sure.

I think even a quarter of a second, may help so that CDM can be very sure that this is a genuine temperature increase and not a "odd electronic surge", perhaps a user define switch if its not too much coding effort. Thanks

What I cannot understand is how your GPU can change temperature so fast. It takes a few seconds to warm GPU by 10-15C. Did you remove cooling system?
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

Hi Claymore,
During test, I noticed that an isolated spike in temperature went to 100c and very quickly went down to normal (60s).
Unfortunately, the switches that i have used triggered CDM to shut down that GPU.
My question:
Thanks

Do you think it's a good idea to add a pause before disabling overheated GPU? I'm not sure.

I think even a quarter of a second, may help so that CDM can be very sure that this is a genuine temperature increase and not a "odd electronic surge", perhaps a user define switch if its not too much coding effort. Thanks
donator
Miners developer
Claymore, will there be plans to make the miner more efficient with newer drivers to support the release of the Radeon RX 480?

As soon as I get that card I will select best driver version and update miner.

Is it possible to solo with Sammy007's proxy? If not, any way to get the statistics that it provides, mainly blocks per rig?

It must work though miner cannot pass rig name in HTTP solo mode. You can see stats via EthMan, every share in solo mode is a block.

Hi Claymore,
My question:
Thanks

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Hi Claymore,

My question:

Thanks
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
after some error last week, because my driver not catalyst, then i instal microsoft c++ and move the slot of pcie. now running perfect
Thanks

Activity: 305
Claymore, will there be plans to make the miner more efficient with newer drivers to support the release of the Radeon RX 480?
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
Is it possible to solo with Sammy007's proxy? If not, any way to get the statistics that it provides, mainly blocks per rig?
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
Is  it just me or is everyone else also getting like 10-20%+ less earnings than what calculators suggests these days.
Calculator: http://karldiab.com/EthereumMiningCalculator/
Mining on dwarfpool and getting almost 10% less. Other pools I tried I might even get up to 20% less.

True, I was happy with 90%+ rate from dwarfpool, but that changed like 2 DAGs ago.
Right now mining around 84%.

Blame uncles and pool luck Sad

Check the calculators often... the difficulty changes constantly, and can sometimes swing +/- 8-10% during a given day. If you're checking it during a low-point, the calculator might be a bit optimistic as the average difficulty will actually be higher.

Also, maybe its just my internet connection, but I find that I lose a bit from failovers quite a bit no matter what pool I use. 
Activity: 867
I'm mining on Windows 8.1

I have 4x R9 280x and a R9 290x. My ethereum hashrate seems to be fine, but my Decred hashrate is around 1400 MH/s total. Is that what it should be?

No

What could be my issue?
Activity: 1308
Merit: 508

I have 4x R9 280x and a R9 290x. My ethereum hashrate seems to be fine, but my Decred hashrate is around 1400 MH/s total. Is that what it should be?

No
Activity: 867

Activity: 428
Inactivity: 8963
Fans on that cooler are PWM controled, there is 4 pin connector, so there should be an option to control fans speed via software. Unless fans are connected to the 12V and GND rail only (from for example molex connector). Interesting case.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Can you control fan speed on that card with other software (Sapphire Trixx)? If not it's highly possible there is something wrong with the card itself. What card model are we talking about?

I'm using MSI Afterburner. But even with this software, i can't control the fan speed.
My card is: SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 290X with "ARCTIC Accelero Extrem IV" (Cooling System)
Can you control fan speed on that card with other software (Sapphire Trixx)? If not it's highly possible there is something wrong with the card itself. What card model are we talking about?
If you use -tt to set specific temp target, for example -tt 70, does it works for both GPUs?

No, always only the first.
in my .bat file, my fan's setting are "-tt -100" but for my GPU0 aren't take into account.
For GPU1, is good but not for the first.

If you use -tt to set specific temp target, for example -tt 70, does it works for both GPUs?
I'm new in the mining World  Wink
in my .bat file, my fan's setting are "-tt -100" but for my GPU0 aren't take into account.
For GPU1, is good but not for the first.

Someone can help me ?
Jump to: