Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 152. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 1596
Merit: 305
minerstat CEO
v14.0 Beta:

- Windows only: added ability to apply optimized memory timings (straps) on-the-fly, without flashing VBIOS, up to 20% speedup compared to stock BIOS. Currently only Polaris cards are supported, other cards will be added later.
   Drivers 18.x or newer are required. Best straps for Ethereum are included. Check "-strap" and "-driver" options for details.
- Windows only: added temperature/fan/clocks management for Radeon VII.
- a few minor bug fixes and improvements.

It is an improvement, but unfortunately I'm still experiencing issue with Chinese directory names.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
v14.0 Beta:

- Windows only: added ability to apply optimized memory timings (straps) on-the-fly, without flashing VBIOS, up to 20% speedup compared to stock BIOS. Currently only Polaris cards are supported, other cards will be added later.
   Drivers 18.x or newer are required. Best straps for Ethereum are included. Check "-strap" and "-driver" options for details.

Thanks!
But if secure boot enabled driver wouldn't be installed, right? Only disabling SB can help?
Without your driver straps can't be applied?

P.S. Why 14th version? There is no 13th...

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-story-behind-13-number-room-in-hotels-Because-most-of-the-hotels-dont-have-13-number-room

Ahah, thanks, I know it )))) But I didn't thought that we are superstitious here...
Activity: 2562
Merit: 321
v14.0 Beta:

Thanks!
But if secure boot enabled driver wouldn't be installed, right? Only disabling SB can help?

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-story-behind-13-number-room-in-hotels-Because-most-of-the-hotels-dont-have-13-number-room

v14.0 Beta:

Thanks!

Activity: 246
Merit: 24
Will we see an nvidia version for 'straps'? the Eth-pill exists but if there's soft-mod for AMD cards surely there's something for Nvidia?

Yes, I will add Nvidia support as well. This magic with straps took me a lot of time and efforts, so I will implement it step by step.

That's pretty sweet! looking forward to it!
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Will we see an nvidia version for 'straps'? the Eth-pill exists but if there's soft-mod for AMD cards surely there's something for Nvidia?

Yes, I will add Nvidia support as well. This magic with straps took me a lot of time and efforts, so I will implement it step by step.
Activity: 246
Merit: 24
donator
Miners developer
v14.0 Beta:

Activity: 49
Merit: 0
Finally. I will release new version within 24 hours.

Anyone else semi-compulsively hitting the refresh button for the new version out of sheer curiosity and enthralment?
Activity: 1680
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol

Can't wait to test Your new miner version  Cool

donator
Miners developer
donator
Miners developer
I have same issue with AB, restarting miner twice always helps. That would be easy fix for 1st beta.

It seems you are right, it helps. I will try to find some workaround better than restarting.
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
I have same issue with AB, restarting miner twice always helps. That would be easy fix for 1st beta.
New version is almost ready, but during testing I found some strange issue: sometimes if a card has no display connected I cannot change its memory clock. I tried both WattMan and AB to change memory clock, both show that new memory clock is applied, but no changes in hashrate until I use hdmi dummy plug. This is serious issue because most straps are good only with memory overclock. I use 19.4.3 drivers and see this issue on most Polaris cards. But sometimes it works for some reason...
So new version is postponed until I find some workaround (or confirm that there is no way to fix it), it's not a good idea to use hdmi plug for every card in rig.

Maybe it's driver issue? I use 19.4.1 driver and 2nd card has no connections. Memory OC works in your 12.0 version normal...
Activity: 168
Merit: 15
@Claymore If I plug in a monitor into a rig and then remove it, Windows still thinks FullHD screen is there until reboot (it is clear if you connect remotely via TeamViewer, resolution is not 640x480 as without displays). Maybe this fact can help you to fool Windows thinking it has monitors in each port.
donator
Miners developer
New version is almost ready, but during testing I found some strange issue: sometimes if a card has no display connected I cannot change its memory clock. I tried both WattMan and AB to change memory clock, both show that new memory clock is applied, but no changes in hashrate until I use hdmi dummy plug. This is serious issue because most straps are good only with memory overclock. I use 19.4.3 drivers and see this issue on most Polaris cards. But sometimes it works for some reason...
So new version is postponed until I find some workaround (or confirm that there is no way to fix it), it's not a good idea to use hdmi plug for every card in rig.
Activity: 222
Merit: 2
Still v  12 ... where is the magic version ?! LOL

we are tired of the latest version of claymore 12 and the jammers, where is the better and the new version of clay?
Activity: 906
Merit: 507
I don't like flashing bios so I solved this problem finally.
v12.1 is almost ready, I'm going to release it in 3-4 days.
It cannot perform runtime tuning of memory timing registers, it will be added a bit later, in another update.
But it can apply entire straps on-the-fly (Windows only). Currently for Polaris cards only, may be later I will add support for other cards too. So you can use stock vbios and don't flash your cards to try new straps.
Instead, you just put new strap string to config file and the miner applies it immediately in runtime.
If specified strap is not working it will not cause any problems, after reboot you will have stock strap again because bios is not changed.
This way you can keep stock bios and also test new straps safe and easy.
Now this sounds awesome that means I'm going to have to go back to Windows to play with this
Activity: 4

Also waiting patiently. Hoping Claymore can figure it to work on Nvidia as well, specifically Hynix vram 1060's.
Activity: 150
Jump to: