Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 147. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 473
Merit: 18
fair enough, thanks for reply. quoted for the next lazy person.

next lazy person will again be lazy check last posts ))
Activity: 952
Merit: 17
raskul
Hello ! I have a mine on the old r9 290 and r9 290x cards, can you tell me if you can apply it - strap to them?

No way, at least for now.

Claymore, do you know what a mess was when You was not so active ?
Like everyone started to release own miner program...

Smiley

Anyway, i will get to the point.
Do You expect releasing Linux version of v14 and will it support applying custom straps or that will not be possible under linux ?
Right now we have tool called amdmemorytweak which can modify timings (straps) in Linux for example for Vega.
And it is working fine in SimpleMining.net OS under Linux. Yet Polaris is not so obvious for that tool.

Due to several reasons I'm not going to implement it for Linux. The main reason is that I don't have enough experience in Linux kernel/drivers and it would take too much time and efforts to get enough level of expertise; applying entire straps on the fly is rather hard magic.

Also may i ask ? You have more downloads for Windows versions or Linux versions ?
Oh wait, that is bad comparison.... In Plug&Play Operating System based on linux we are downloading miner once and then people are downloading those from our servers.
Can you tell me if you see that more users are USING windows version than linux version ?
I am really curious if people are still using windows for mining and this is why windows comes first or is it other factor ?

I don't have any good stats for Windows vs Linux downloads/using.
Yes I support Windows better, again the main reason that I have almost 20 years experience in Windows software development and almost zero experience in Linux.

fair enough, thanks for reply. quoted for the next lazy person.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Hello! Help me please!
I have rig with 3 asus rx480 (8gb) with last Adrenalin 19.4.3.
After activating -strap 1 rig shows 12.5(-100/1050/2050) , 28.7(-100/1035/2040), 12.5 mh/s(-100/1050/2010).
what is wrong with #0 and #2 card?

P.S.
Everything became to normal after installing very last drivers - 19.5.1!!
Thank you for your great work!
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
v14... Only for win10x64? Or win7(have no compute mode) maybe work too ?
Yes it will work in Win7x64 too. But as you said, no compute mode, so you will see low hashrate.
did you get paid off to keep it windows only?
Grin Grin Grin
but seriously, read his last posts, he explained why...
tl:dr
elaborate?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.50979653

PS. Now I'm working on Nvidia boost, it will take some time but I can see some speedup already.
raskul

Yes it will work in Win7x64 too. But as you said, no compute mode, so you will see low hashrate.

Grin Grin Grin

tl:dr

elaborate?
Activity: 473
Merit: 18

Grin Grin Grin

raskul

donator
Miners developer

Activity: 52
raskul
-bash: ./EthDcrMiner64.exe: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error

Getting following error on Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64

.exe is for windows not for linux, get the linux version

Claymore said he doesn't plan to support linux with the new version.

that's just plain stupid.
Activity: 1123
Merit: 136

Claymore said he doesn't plan to support linux with the new version.
Activity: 162

Activity: 2

donator
Miners developer
v14.1 Beta:

- "strap" option: added support for Vega cards, up to 15% speedup compared to stock BIOS. Use "-strap 1" ... "-strap 5" values and overclock memory to find the best hashrate.
- improved compatibility with AMD 18.x drivers.
- now miner uses CUDA10 runtime library for Nvidia.
- a few minor bug fixes and improvements.
Activity: 42
Merit: 12
Hello ! I have a mine on the old r9 290 and r9 290x cards, can you tell me if you can apply it - strap to them?

I have a few of these GPUs also and you pretty much shouldn't mine ETH with them due to a DAG thrashing bug which is causing slowdowns.

Basically 1.5 years ago, I was able to mine ETH at 30MH/s with the R9 290 reference GPU however all of a sudden over a certain DAG it started to slowdown, it kept slowing down with every new DAG until eventually I stopped using them all together. The speed was slow and the power consumption was the same.

It has the same issue as the R9 280X which caused the GPUs to go from 28MH/s (DAG #0) to like 7MH/s with the latest DAG and pretty much rendered the GPUs useless for mining.
I have 2 R9 290's up right now, doing 28-29MH/s on SMOS mining etc... with phoenix miner, as I wait for claymore's current version to be available for SMOS, but the older version isn't that far behind phoenix. They do NOT run that fast on windows, excluding with callisto and expanse, which last I checked also are still mineable on 2GB cards. My HD 7850 was getting 17.7MH/s on callisto a few months ago on linux and 12-14 on windows. EDIT: to be clear, this is AMDGPU-PRO drivers on smos/linux and not fglrx. fglrx behaves the same as windows with reduced hashrate. edit2: You can't do undervolting/overclocking/etc. via the driver on these old cards. You have to do vbios edits, 290's have Hawaii bios editor to make that easy. 78x0/270'/370s and 79x0/280's will have VBE7. it seems like there may be a cap in place in the driver, probably in the Quirks portion of the driver. so you can change core and voltage but not memory via the vbios edits.
Activity: 84
strap 1 or 2 not working for Sapphire Pulse RX580 4GB Samsung... no change in hashrate... Latest AMD driver
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
good lord, Claymore, I have rx480 8 gb samsung, using latest 14th ver and reaching only 28.8mh/s, any help to see those 33mh/s?

I use "-strap 1@2250" or even "-strap 3@2250" for these cards, read Readme for more details.

Hi Claymore what is the maximum strap number we can use? Above is 3, and I see in other of your posts 4.
Can we go beyond?

i have tested saphire rx480 8gb samsung with -strap 1@2250 and make 32.4 Mh but the only problem is that apears allot of GPU Memory Errors on HwiNfo
Claymore you don't have any errors with mcclock 2250 ?

Hello, my platforms are conformed by GPU rx580 8gb Hynix, and with this new Version 14 Beta although if I manage to reach 33 Mh / s with -strap 3 @ 2250 the memory errors are catastrophic. I have not seen any comment in particular from Old House. I would appreciate any comments from you that will make reference to these errors and if there is any improvement in the next version, thanks
What core clock you're use?
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses

I have a few of these GPUs also and you pretty much shouldn't mine ETH with them due to a DAG thrashing bug which is causing slowdowns.

Basically 1.5 years ago, I was able to mine ETH at 30MH/s with the R9 290 reference GPU however all of a sudden over a certain DAG it started to slowdown, it kept slowing down with every new DAG until eventually I stopped using them all together. The speed was slow and the power consumption was the same.

It has the same issue as the R9 280X which caused the GPUs to go from 28MH/s (DAG #0) to like 7MH/s with the latest DAG and pretty much rendered the GPUs useless for mining.
Activity: 3
I have one question guys.

Curent state of my mining is 6 rx580 8gb on main rig ( hiveos) and 2 rx580 4gb in PC ( windows ).
Since we can use claymore v14 only in windows I tryed with those 2 4gb cards, and the result just blow me away, 32,2mh on fucking 4gb cards (POL4E2@2150) 1200/2200 stock bios.
So the question is how to find those straps that miner is using in real time? If I can read them I can integrate them in bios with polaris bios editor. I was thinking to pull one by one those 8GB cards from rig to PC start v14, find best setting, read those straps, mod the cards and than put them back in rig. That would hopefully be same as runing v14 in linux.
Sorry for bad English, it is not my mother tongue.
Activity: 155
Merit: 4
out of curiosity i tried 14  beta on 1060 rig and it does have worse hashrate, even hashrate reported by miner, then ethminer, on windows

Have you tried to copy files from CUDA10 directory? In next update miner will use CUDA10 by default.
I tried it after this post and it is almost same with cuda10.
Jump to: