Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 233. (Read 6590565 times)

legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505
Hello all,

I have some strange behavior with 1 graphic card.
Over time, the Mh / s of 1 card drops down by about 7 Mh / s.
When I restart Claymore, the Mh / s continues to hold the low value.

After a restart of the rig, the Mh / s is back to its normal values.

There are 6 identical cards (AMD RX580) and all with the same values overclocked, i'm using the latest drivers and Claymore 11.7. Windows 10.

Someone knows how to fix this issue?

I faced that problem (with my 3 same RX 480 cards) and it was solved once I decreased some of the the overclocking numbers. Even though your cards are identical, sometimes a particular model fails to perform like other cards.

Ok Thanks, so i have to change my config in Claymore for that specific card?

You may try that, however, when I faced that problem, Claymore's miner didn't have any solution for modifying each card individually, so I modified the over-clock/under-volt settings of whole system. Modifying that particular card should work by the way, try it.
Activity: 73
Merit: 3
I have some problem with most of the Nvidia rigs, you see after 30 minutes of mining, everything slows down & lags almost to a halt except for the Claymore miner, if i were to close the miner & start it up again, it won't run, the Claymore miner will stuck at scanning GPU. So what i normally did is to restart the rig manually then run the .bat files that i needed.  Embarrassed Embarrassed

All the AMD rigs doesn't have the windows lag issue. only half of the Nvidia rigs has this problem not all, i can't seem to solve it even if I clone the OS & settings over.

I had a similar problem in a mixed AMD / NVIDIA rig.  It was as if Windows itself was in slow motion.  Clicking on menus took seconds for them to respond, etc.  Yet, it seemed the Claymore window was progressing as usual.

For me, it turned out to be the NVidia driver.  I was running V.390.xx and when I brought it forward to v.397.64 it cleared the problem up ... haven't had it since.  I'm not sure which interim version between those actually solved the problem but I'd rather not go back and look for it.  Just happy to have moved past that.  This is on a Win10pro/64 1709 install.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Hello all,

There are 6 identical cards (AMD RX580) and all with the same values overclocked, i'm using the latest drivers and Claymore 11.7. Windows 10.
https://imgur.com/a/eH1rt6q

I faced that problem (with my 3 same RX 480 cards) and it was solved once I decreased some of the the overclocking numbers. Even though your cards are identical, sometimes a particular model fails to perform like other cards.

Ok Thanks, so i have to change my config in Claymore for that specific card?
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505
Hello all,

Activity: 7
Hi Everyone,

Is there a way to make Claymore's miner auto switch between 2 ETH wallet address ?  kinda like how the Devfee works ?

I'm helping my friend run & maintain his farm & for payment I can have all the miner mine to my wallet for 1 day every week, I wish to set every Sunday to mine to my wallet then after that it should auto switch back to my friends wallet.

For the time being I have to manually close & run between 2 .bat files, so i'm wondering is there anyway to make my life easier.

We're running on Windows 10, I'm not familiar with Linux at all.

Just install two instances of Claymore and have some GPUs mine for you

Hi, thanks for replying. If I install 2 instance of Claymore, then it would be mining all the time to both wallet, I just wish for the onwer's claymore to stop for 1 day every week. I have plans for the future that i might use that one day to mine something else other than ETH but for the time being its only ETH.

The farm has 40 over rigs, doing it manually is kinda tiring.   Embarrassed

if it is windows, you can try using windows task scheduler

run your customer's instance Monday to Sat and your instance on Sunday.

Thank you Jamsan & kgminer for the suggestion, the task scheduler trick works perfectly for me.  Cheesy Cheesy

I have some problem with most of the Nvidia rigs, you see after 30 minutes of mining, everything slows down & lags almost to a halt except for the Claymore miner, if i were to close the miner & start it up again, it won't run, the Claymore miner will stuck at scanning GPU. So what i normally did is to restart the rig manually then run the .bat files that i needed.  Embarrassed Embarrassed

All the AMD rigs doesn't have the windows lag issue. only half of the Nvidia rigs has this problem not all, i can't seem to solve it even if I clone the OS & settings over.

Activity: 5
this is happening to me as well. Exactly same specs
Asus B250 board with 13 AMD RX 580's
Windows 10 version 1803 (build 17134.81), fully patched (patched yesterday)
16 GB minimum virtual RAM, 100 GB maximum
windows defender disabled

I installed windows, AMD drivers and one GPU(rx580), tested mining, it worked fine.

Now, I have added 5 more GPUs and then decided to test, the problem started
So far uninstalled and reinstalled AMD drivers
debug log doesn't say much
tried -di 0 (command) no luck
Not sure what's happening here

Hi! I have the same issues with asrock h110 btc, sapphire rx580 (windows 10 1803, amd 18.5.1) it worked fine under smos, but started to crash.
With up to 5 cards everything works, but it starts to mine after 2-3 minutes

15:04:46:888   518   ETH: 1 pool is specified
15:04:46:899   518   Main Ethereum pool is eu1.ethermine.org:5555
>>>15:04:46:904   518   DCR: 0 pool is specified
15:05:17:117   1d44   
15:05:47:332   1d44   
15:06:17:602   1d44   
15:06:50:469   1d44   
15:07:22:741   1d44   
15:07:52:973   1d44   
>>>>15:08:01:117   518   OpenCL platform: AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing
15:08:01:163   518   OpenCL initializing...

15:08:01:167   518   AMD Cards available: 5

When i add more cards it freezes here “DCR: 0 pool is specified”

Activity: 15
@Claymore:

Is there any way we can put date on the logs before the time stamp?

Activity: 4
Hello all,

https://imgur.com/a/eH1rt6q

Activity: 100
Merit: 6
Hi Everyone,

Is there a way to make Claymore's miner auto switch between 2 ETH wallet address ?  kinda like how the Devfee works ?

I'm helping my friend run & maintain his farm & for payment I can have all the miner mine to my wallet for 1 day every week, I wish to set every Sunday to mine to my wallet then after that it should auto switch back to my friends wallet.

For the time being I have to manually close & run between 2 .bat files, so i'm wondering is there anyway to make my life easier.

Hi, thanks for replying. If I install 2 instance of Claymore, then it would be mining all the time to both wallet, I just wish for the onwer's claymore to stop for 1 day every week. I have plans for the future that i might use that one day to mine something else other than ETH but for the time being its only ETH.

if it is windows, you can try using windows task scheduler

run your customer's instance Monday to Sat and your instance on Sunday.
Activity: 10
Scheduled task that runs on Sunday to kills existing Claymore process and runs start-friend.bat. Scheduled task on Monday that kills existing Claymore process and runs start-my.bat?
Hi Everyone,

Activity: 72
Hi Everyone,

Hi Everyone,

legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Anyone know if the Remote manager ETHman can run on Linux?

It looks like there is no Linux version included in the builds. I've tried the WINE program and it works under Ubuntu for ETHMan but only issue is that when you minimize, the program disappears and you need to force quit and re-run it from scratch, since you can't run more than 1 instant.
Activity: 100
Merit: 6
Hello,
Just set up Asus B250 board with 13 AMD RX 580's, this is my 4th miner and 2nd AMD rig exactly like this one.
Weird thing happening...when I start the CM miner, it gives me nothing past the start up screen:
Eth: 1 pool is specified
Main Ethereum pool is eth.suprnova.cc:5005
DCR: 0 pool is specified

Then after 5 minutes (apperently) it says:
Miner cannot initialize for 5 minutes, need to restart miner!

Here is command line:
ethdcrminer64.exe -epool eth.suprnova.cc:5005 -ewal ***.*** -epsw ** -esm 3 -allpools 1 -dbg 1

I have a funny feeling it's to do with Windows Defender, because since I've been trying to get this thing working for the last few days, it never popped up and asked for me to Allow it through the firewall...but idk for sure. I shut it off and still no action.

I would post a pic to make it easier but I cannot figure out how to do that :-)

this is happening to me as well. Exactly same specs
Asus B250 board with 13 AMD RX 580's
Windows 10 version 1803 (build 17134.81), fully patched (patched yesterday)
16 GB minimum virtual RAM, 100 GB maximum
windows defender disabled

I installed windows, AMD drivers and one GPU(rx580), tested mining, it worked fine.

Now, I have added 5 more GPUs and then decided to test, the problem started
So far uninstalled and reinstalled AMD drivers
debug log doesn't say much
tried -di 0 (command) no luck
Not sure what's happening here
Activity: 16
Hello,

This is an iOS app for monitoring cryptocurrency miners. Claymores and Antminer are supported.

Features:

- Fast loading.
- Smooth GUI with asynchronous computation.
- Users are allowed to edit rig information.
- Users can re-arrange the order of rigs.
- Remote rebooting is supported.
- Users can view the full console of Claymores with one touch.
- Easier viewing long lists of rigs with Compact view mode.
- Highlight problems of too low speed and/or too high temperature.
- Both iPhone and iPad are supported, iOS 9.0 or higher is required.

Screenshots:

https://imgur.com/a/1CAfNCy

Available on Apple Store:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/youngbuffalo/id1386685965?mt=8

Thanks for reading my post.

good app but is this only working when the phone is connected to the same network as the miners?

To use the app outside your local network, you need to know public IP of the rigs (go to ping.eu to see public IP). Also, you have to config your router/modem to NAT port from an outside port (e.g. 1234) to Claymore's monitor listening port (default 3333).

After that, in my app, you enter the public IP and the NAT port (1234), that's it.
Activity: 70
Merit: 3
"About 17 thousand compromised GPON routers, infected with the Satori botnet, are now scanning port 3333 to find publicly exposed Ethereum mining rigs running the Claymore Dual Miner software for which a publicly known remote execution vulnerability exists. Once the attacker identifies an Ethereum miner running the Claymore software they push instructions to reconfigure the device to join the 'dwarfpool' mining pool and use the attacker's Ethereum wallet."

Assuming this has been fixed, which version of the Claymore miner has the fix?

From history.txt:

v10.6
---------------------------------------------------------------------

- fixed critical issue in remote management feature (attacker could crash miner even in read-only mode).
Activity: 480
Merit: 250
"About 17 thousand compromised GPON routers, infected with the Satori botnet, are now scanning port 3333 to find publicly exposed Ethereum mining rigs running the Claymore Dual Miner software for which a publicly known remote execution vulnerability exists. Once the attacker identifies an Ethereum miner running the Claymore software they push instructions to reconfigure the device to join the 'dwarfpool' mining pool and use the attacker's Ethereum wallet."

Assuming this has been fixed, which version of the Claymore miner has the fix?
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
In general there is no way to contact me, only this forum, so just ask here if you think that I'm the right person for your question.
Thank you very much for your attention.

I though that e-mail or PM could be more appropriate instead of spamming offtopics here but anyway.

Our university group develops a project for real-time automotive modeling.
One of the stages require search and evaluate of vector similarity trough 60K to 6M candidates in real time. Unfortunately the CPU makes the search for 2 sec. up to 200 sec. - too far from realtime.
I have no any experience of GPU-programing but a colleague of mine hint me that the GPUs are tremendously effective especially in such kind of simple but massive calculations.

I don't take any jobs, sorry, just find some ordinary OpenCL/CUDA developer.
Activity: 20
In general there is no way to contact me, only this forum, so just ask here if you think that I'm the right person for your question.
Thank you very much for your attention.

I though that e-mail or PM could be more appropriate instead of spamming offtopics here but anyway.

Our university group develops a project for real-time automotive modeling.
One of the stages require search and evaluate of vector similarity trough 60K to 6M candidates in real time. Unfortunately the CPU makes the search for 2 sec. up to 200 sec. - too far from realtime.
I have no any experience of GPU-programing but a colleague of mine hint me that the GPUs are tremendously effective especially in such kind of simple but massive calculations.

So the search involves:

all our values are single precision float (32-bit)
search vector a[30] - with 10 to 30 float32 values, could be 32 values padded with 2 "0"s
search space b[6,000,000][30] - 6M vectors similar to a[30]

we need to calculate
c[p][j] = 100 - abs((a[j] - b[p][j]) / abs(b[p][j]) * 100)   // p changes from 0 to 6M, j changes from 0 to 30
c[p] = sum(c[p][j]) over j  / 30
if c[p] > 50 then put "p" in the list of returned b[] indexes to CPU

These "100 -" and "* 100" are in order to make the result having a sense of percent similarity/difference respectively.
The constant "> 50" have to be selectable (meaning "percent similarity"), i.e. not hard-coded but sent as argument.
Also "p" could change to 60K or to 6M or something in between, also "j' could change to 10 or to 32 or something in between.

The task is all that search to be made in optimal and fastest possible way (in a part of second) instead of 2-200 seconds on CPU...

On my calcs 6M * 32 point each float32 vectors are about 768MB so even on a little card like Radeon R7 370 (Pitcairn) with 2GB of memory it could be executable.

Because you coding closed-source, we even do not need to know the source code. We need let say a linkable .dll with only 3 functions:

1) Upload b[p][j] array in the GPU memory (I suppose it is similar to DAG-file in Ethereum)
2) give the a[] searching vector and the "percent variable" to GPU, perform full search through all b[]s and return a list of indexes pointing to every b[] which fulfils the percent condition
3) add a new member to array b[] (in order next time to search through N+1 b[] vectors)

About a payment - I'm not sure. My salary is about 1-2 ETH/month (depending of its price). Have another about 10 ETH mined (thanks to your miners). Eventually we will "earn" about 10K € if win the project, for all the development + expenses. If you are interested of any of that - please write.

P.S. Now I noticed - the forum screws the indexing of the arrays - missing "i" in [] so I replaced it with "p"
Jump to: