Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 231. (Read 6590565 times)

donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
v11.8:

Thanks again.

Temps via RDC and new option -showdiff work fine.  Grin

Just a note: in readme file you forgot to indicate value of the new option -showdiff 1 (missing 1)

You are correct, thanks, I updated OP:

-showdiff   use "-showdiff 1" to show difficulty for every ETH share and to display maximal found share difficulty when you press "s" key. Default value is "0".
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
v11.8:

- fixed issue with missed GPU temperatures when miner is started via Remote Desktop Connection (RDC).
- Linux version: removed libcurl library dependency.
- added "-showdiff" option.
- a few minor bug fixes and improvements.

any info about "showdiff" parameters - default, etc?
Activity: 729
Merit: 513
Hello,

I have issue with my rx480 mining rig, it runs before perfect, but i ahve to change ssd, and after the new win10 installation, the miner stuck after detecting pools.

I use latest win10 ltsb, asrock h81 btco pro r2.0 mobo. Onboard display is selected, and gen1 also.
I see my cards at the device manager, also installed the chipset driver, but the miner cannot start.

OverdriveNtool also detect my gpus. Change the mobo and the cpu as well, it isnt solve the issue, any idea?
I think something missing, but i dont have a clue, out of ideas Sad

Disable ULPS from regedit... also, just a little patience, it's not stuck, it just takes a little more time than usual but if you disable the ULPS then it should start faster Smiley

Just put 0 instead of 1 and do a restart.
Activity: 84
Merit: 1
v11.8:

- fixed issue with missed GPU temperatures when miner is started via Remote Desktop Connection (RDC).

Was expecting a bigger update with some hashrate improvements and some interesting suggested features but looks like i'm gonna stay with PhoenixMiner again :'p

Dick...

Thanks Claymore for your work, you make life a little better for thousands of miners all around the world :-)
I slammed the ignore button before I could think.  I guess if you're going to suck, you might as well put a little effort into it.

MANY THANKS, Claymore!!!
Activity: 2
Hello,

I have issue with my rx480 mining rig, it runs before perfect, but i ahve to change ssd, and after the new win10 installation, the miner stuck after detecting pools.

I use latest win10 ltsb, asrock h81 btco pro r2.0 mobo. Onboard display is selected, and gen1 also.
I see my cards at the device manager, also installed the chipset driver, but the miner cannot start.

OverdriveNtool also detect my gpus. Change the mobo and the cpu as well, it isnt solve the issue, any idea?
I think something missing, but i dont have a clue, out of ideas Sad
Activity: 70
Merit: 3
v11.8:

Thanks again.

Temps via RDC and new option -showdiff work fine.  Grin

Just a note: in readme file you forgot to indicate value of the new option -showdiff 1 (missing 1)
Activity: 21
v11.8:

Was expecting a bigger update with some hashrate improvements and some interesting suggested features but looks like i'm gonna stay with PhoenixMiner again :'p

Dick...

Thanks Claymore for your work, you make life a little better for thousands of miners all around the world :-)
Activity: 23
v11.8:

donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
v11.8:

Tonight, I will go all the way back to 1709 with NO UPDATES, and see if it works.  If not, I will try 1607 with NO UPDATES and see if that works.  So bothersome :-)

If you install 1709 and set "feature updates" to be deferred for 365 days you will not get 1803. Windows Update - Advanced options.

Brilliant, thank you so much!
Activity: 3
I have a strange problem with my miner since Windows 10 1803 and I wonder if any of you have had similar issues that you've solved. The rig is a tiny hobby system: a B250 Mining Expert with four RX580's of varying brands. All cards have modded BIOSs, and I overclock using my start.bat options.

I looked back through the mining logs from Claymore (11.2 at the time) to see that before the update restart, all cards were going at near 31 Mh/s, a rate that it had been maintaining for months with no problem. After the update, all cards were running at 18.5 Mh/s.

When I noticed, I updated my AMD drivers to 18.5.1 and set it to compute mode, and updated Claymore to 11.7. At that point, one of my four cards was back to 30 Mh/s, all the rest remained at 18.5 Mh/s. I've checked my VM, which is at 48000 MB, so I doubt that's an issue. I haven't managed to locate anyone else on here reporting a similar issue, so I'm wondering if any of you have dealt with this and if so, how?

Thanks!

That's really interesting, I have 13 cards on same board, and I just added one of them to the system. Should be the best one for mining but it's running at 18 mh/s and all others 25+.
Love to know what's going on there, I'm in newest CM and newest driver as well, Win10 1709

Did you set all GPUs to compute? It is a setting in the registry under each GPU. With AMD settings software you have to set them one by one. CM with Y or AMD-Compute-Swithcer will set all installed GPUs to compute, but when you add GPUs after that, they will not be set to compute by default. Sorry if you already knew this. Wink

Fantastic catch, Jonet. In looking back to the Radeon settings, it appears that "global" settings is only for each card individually, which is a bit misleading lol. Anyway, you are correct and all cards are back up to 31 Mh/s now! Thanks!
Activity: 245
Activity: 382
Merit: 251
Do u still dual mine? Look like most of dual  mineable alts got ASICS treatment.
yes I do, but you gotta keep an eye on the market and switch to low difficulty coins

Low difficulty seems difficult to get after ASICS Smiley

Maybe MAX and SMART for future valuation.
Activity: 100
Merit: 6
Anyway, I will release new version in a few days, Linux version will work properly in latest Ubuntu too.
how about that?

I will release new version in 1-3 days.

Claymore v11.7 dual mine keccak it easily hit -tstop 70 in 10-15 minutes whilst been fine tuning -mclock from 2130 down to 1900 without luck. Mining with DCR was not an issue though. Is this a bug?

What is dcri value are you using?
what is minimum and max fan speed?
I mine using Keccak, 6 or 7 dcri value and 60% max speed works fine for me
My temp range 60-67
if you are located in a hotter place, change max fan speed to 80 or 90%
Activity: 100
Merit: 6
Do u still dual mine? Look like most of dual  mineable alts got ASICS treatment.
yes I do, but you gotta keep an eye on the market and switch to low difficulty coins
Activity: 2
Anyway, I will release new version in a few days, Linux version will work properly in latest Ubuntu too.
how about that?

I will release new version in 1-3 days.

Claymore v11.7 dual mine keccak it easily hit -tstop 70 in 10-15 minutes whilst been fine tuning -mclock from 2130 down to 1900 without luck. Mining with DCR was not an issue though. Is this a bug?
Activity: 382
Merit: 251
Activity: 82
Merit: 3
I have a strange problem with my miner since Windows 10 1803 and I wonder if any of you have had similar issues that you've solved. The rig is a tiny hobby system: a B250 Mining Expert with four RX580's of varying brands. All cards have modded BIOSs, and I overclock using my start.bat options.

I looked back through the mining logs from Claymore (11.2 at the time) to see that before the update restart, all cards were going at near 31 Mh/s, a rate that it had been maintaining for months with no problem. After the update, all cards were running at 18.5 Mh/s.

When I noticed, I updated my AMD drivers to 18.5.1 and set it to compute mode, and updated Claymore to 11.7. At that point, one of my four cards was back to 30 Mh/s, all the rest remained at 18.5 Mh/s. I've checked my VM, which is at 48000 MB, so I doubt that's an issue. I haven't managed to locate anyone else on here reporting a similar issue, so I'm wondering if any of you have dealt with this and if so, how?

Thanks!

That's really interesting, I have 13 cards on same board, and I just added one of them to the system. Should be the best one for mining but it's running at 18 mh/s and all others 25+.
Love to know what's going on there, I'm in newest CM and newest driver as well, Win10 1709

Did you set all GPUs to compute? It is a setting in the registry under each GPU. With AMD settings software you have to set them one by one. CM with Y or AMD-Compute-Swithcer will set all installed GPUs to compute, but when you add GPUs after that, they will not be set to compute by default. Sorry if you already knew this. Wink

Thanks!

legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Is there anyway to get the Claymore to manage the core and memory clock under Linux ?

When I specific a fan speed, mclock or cclock nothing happens when it loads.

When ethdcrminer first starts it gives an error that the AMD ADL drivers are missing.

I tried searching and googling and none of those results are working. It seems the only method is to do a vbios mod in windows and flash it.

Really surprised there is no software like MSIAfterburner for this.
Jump to: