Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 228. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Hi
rx470 4gb , win8 and win10, Blockchain drivers and adrenalin (different machine - different setup), MSI Afterburner 4.4.2 , Virtual Mem 24000-46000 Mb - i'm using Clay v. 11.0 without any issue . Any newer version - miner crashing ! I tried to lower CClock and MClock - no result. Working between 30-40 min and restart , one card always crashing . All setup true awesome miner .  Clay v.11.0 working up to 20 days with same settings . Where is the problem? Any new version - not working stable !
Activity: 635
Merit: 500
Hello,

I have issue with my rx480 mining rig, it runs before perfect, but i ahve to change ssd, and after the new win10 installation, the miner stuck after detecting pools.

I use latest win10 ltsb, asrock h81 btco pro r2.0 mobo. Onboard display is selected, and gen1 also.
I see my cards at the device manager, also installed the chipset driver, but the miner cannot start.

OverdriveNtool also detect my gpus. Change the mobo and the cpu as well, it isnt solve the issue, any idea?
I think something missing, but i dont have a clue, out of ideas Sad

Disable ULPS from regedit... also, just a little patience, it's not stuck, it just takes a little more time than usual but if you disable the ULPS then it should start faster Smiley

Just put 0 instead of 1 and do a restart.

I forget it to write, vut i also disable ULPS, i leave the miner running for 2-4 hours, and it gives, the claymore sign and pools again and again

Then maybe use DDU in Safe mode, disable ULPS again and see if it's working... if not, then is something else wrong there.

I have two rigs that have me baffled. Both are exact copies of each other, other than cards, but anyway all they do is https://ibb.co/cnLC8T which finally goes to https://ibb.co/gvf12o  The 5 minute timer just goes on and on. I have set the EnableULPS to 0 but this prob persists. Any ideas? Sorry but the forum didn't like the image host. Dunno why, but you can copy the links to see the pics.
Activity: 28
I decided to replace Claymore v10.5 that I was using until now so I downloaded the last ZIP file from MEGA with version 11.8 but when I unzip it says 11.7. Is the actual version inside of that ZIP 11.7 or is it just mislabeled???
Activity: 39
will 3gb cards work to mine ethereum on Windows 10? 10x

Epoch 193 needs about 2.5 GB...

You can set values:

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

And AMD driver in "compute mode".
Win10 reserved ~15% VRam. Mining eth/etc on the 3Gb card not possible. have you a screenshot, where you mining on the 3Gb card etc/eth in Win10??

Can I mine ETC on Windows 10 with Nvidia 1060 3gbs?

Thanks.
only win7 work 3Gb card in etc/eth

I have 3gb cards on win7 and can not mine  Undecided
Swapfile 16Gb?

It seems 3GB cards won't be able to mine ETH/ETC in Windows10 soon because this OS reserves about 20% of GPU memory size and there is no way to fix it (at least easily).
In next update I will set zero devfee for these cards (same as I did for 2GB) so you can mine ETH forks.
If you still want to mine ETH/ETC on 3GB cards you should use Windows7 or Linux.
v11.6:
- zero devfee for 3GB cards in Windows 10, same as for all 2GB cards.
Activity: 30

Epoch 193 needs about 2.5 GB...

You can set values:

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

And AMD driver in "compute mode".
Activity: 154
Merit: 10

Thanks.

I have 3gb cards on win7 and can not mine  Undecided

Thanks.
Activity: 30
Im mining with Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v11.8 miner , But when I was mining whalecoin or ethereum i was getting 22mhs  per card. And now Im mining EtherZero and Im getting 11mhs per card? How to fix that? And after few mins mining OpenCl error -4 http://prntscr.com/jpyhaf

GPU memory size?
Activity: 256
Merit: 100
Im mining with Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v11.8 miner , But when I was mining whalecoin or ethereum i was getting 22mhs  per card. And now Im mining EtherZero and Im getting 11mhs per card? How to fix that? And after few mins mining OpenCl error -4 http://prntscr.com/jpyhaf
Activity: 7
Were there any perfomance upgrades in v11.8 since v11.5? is it worth upgrading?
I've had better performance with 11.5 than any other after that. I use rx580s, and the only performance I check is eth payouts.
You should take network's difficulty into consideration, not just miner perfomance. What about hashrate|sharerate of your rx?
How would you take networks difficulty into consideration??? Can you please give an example.... Hashrate for 13 x rx580 is about 408 and the shares are about 6 per minute. I have experimented with higher hashrate configurations, but the payout was lower.

Thanks.
Activity: 131
Merit: 3
This is how I always restart my AMD/windows 10 rig without issues:
1. Stop mining and reset cards to stock in OverdriveNtool.
2. Power off system, including PSU and wait 60+ seconds.
3. Power on system, wait 30+ seconds after desktop loads, and reboot once.
4. Wait 60+ seconds after desktop loads and then apply OverdriveNtool profiles.
5. Start miner.
Activity: 88
Hello,

I have issue with my rx480 mining rig, it runs before perfect, but i ahve to change ssd, and after the new win10 installation, the miner stuck after detecting pools.

I use latest win10 ltsb, asrock h81 btco pro r2.0 mobo. Onboard display is selected, and gen1 also.
I see my cards at the device manager, also installed the chipset driver, but the miner cannot start.

OverdriveNtool also detect my gpus. Change the mobo and the cpu as well, it isnt solve the issue, any idea?

I got same problem yesterday after updating to 1803.
I had to run DDU to remove drivers and install BC drivers to get it work, it was no go for Adrenaline drivers (and AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher).

DrX

What is BC drivers?
I got same problem yesterday after updating.

BC is the blockchain driver https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-Beta-for-Blockchain-Compute-Release-Notes.aspx
Many complain about the latest update (1803) of Microsoft. In the rigs it is mandatory to disable updates to the system and drivers of the videocard and monitor this.

Starting with 18.3.4 there no reason to go back to Blockchain drivers.
18.4.1 were bad, but 18.5.1 are decent again, so I would just stick to these or 18.3.4

I tested 18.2.1, 18.3.4 and 18.5.1, none of them worked after 1803 update, after pixel patcher system starts stuttering and claymore got stuck on start, only way to get past that was to install blockchain driver. Before update I was running 18.3.4. and those worked well. My system is almost identical (6xRX480 and H81 BTC)

Try to use 18.5.2 drivers
DrX
Activity: 233
Merit: 20
Hello,

I had to run DDU to remove drivers and install BC drivers to get it work, it was no go for Adrenaline drivers (and AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher).

DrX

What is BC drivers?

BC is the blockchain driver https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-Beta-for-Blockchain-Compute-Release-Notes.aspx
Many complain about the latest update (1803) of Microsoft. In the rigs it is mandatory to disable updates to the system and drivers of the videocard and monitor this.

18.4.1 were bad, but 18.5.1 are decent again, so I would just stick to these or 18.3.4

I tested 18.2.1, 18.3.4 and 18.5.1, none of them worked after 1803 update, after pixel patcher system starts stuttering and claymore got stuck on start, only way to get past that was to install blockchain driver. Before update I was running 18.3.4. and those worked well. My system is almost identical (6xRX480 and H81 BTC)
Activity: 37
I've had better performance with 11.5 than any other after that. I use rx580s, and the only performance I check is eth payouts.
You should take network's difficulty into consideration, not just miner perfomance. What about hashrate|sharerate of your rx?
Activity: 7
Activity: 3
Hello,

DrX

What is BC drivers?

BC is the blockchain driver pute-Release-Notes.aspx]https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-Beta-for-[Suspicious link removed]pute-Release-Notes.aspx

Has anyone figured out a fix to this?  I have three rigs and two are up and running but one day all of a sudden one rig went down and it took almost two weeks just to get the drivers recognized by windows again (error code 43) but now they work (using 18.5.1 amd drivers) the only part that doesn't work now is the claymore miner it just gets stuck now after pools are specified.  I tried turning firewalls off and that didn't work, updated almost everything, patched drivers, and also rolled back from 1803 to 1709.  I just can't seem to figure this out.
Activity: 473
Merit: 18
Hello,

DrX

What is BC drivers?

Activity: 1414
Merit: 270
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
Hello,

DrX

What is BC drivers?

Jump to: