Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 238. (Read 6590565 times)

legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
Guys, why do I see these messages?

Claymore's dual miner is not able to mine the devfee on any other pools? In addition, the correct url is "us-east.ethash-hub.miningpoolhub.com:20535", in case if the devfee should inevitable be mined at MPH only....

I see this both with -allpools 0 or -allpools 1.
Activity: 55
Merit: 0

Left pane, second box down, "PowerPlay" there will be a value for "Max Memory Freq. (MHz)" and whatever value you have in there is the absolute maximum the card will accept.

Question for you iSuX (just cos I think you might have the answer).

I've modded bioses with Polaris 1.6.7 and the One Click Timing Patch, etc. but I have noticed on the 570s that the max freq is 2250, with straps going up to 2000. However, when I try to OC above 2000 it just crashes. Anything 2000 and under runs fine.

So, my question, do I need to be adding extra timings above 2000 to allow it to OC above 2000?

I also see in the memory portion, there are freq and voltages up to 1750 mhz, but nothing above. Should I be adding in more freq/voltage pairs as well? Or is all of this unnecessary?

Activity: 1
Hi,

I Found a bug in Remote manager (3.5, 3.6, 3.7, 3.8 )
Starting with version 3.5 Remote manager on the web interface, unnecessary bars in the statistics are hidden if they are hidden in the Remote snap-in itself, although the column name disappears from the header.
Activity: 42
Merit: 8
Surprise!

Greetings everyone.

2018/05/25 Windows Defender Virus Definition version 1.269.69.0 has identified a Trojan:Win32/Bluteal.B!rfn in EthDcrMiner64.exe

According to Microsoft, "This threat can perform a number of actions of a malicious hacker's choice on your PC."

What a bunch of wankers.
Likewise trendmicro.

Lets just list something, and give no specific detail, keep it totally moronic, and scare people, and big ourselves up, and sell more software.

What is weird here is, Defender had removed my exclusion on EthDcrMiner64.exe

This on a rig with NO windows updates permitted, only defender can update itself, but wholly typical of MS who gave us all win10, and therefore consider our computers belong to them, to do with as they see fit, when and where.

Relevance: This defender was last updated on the 23rd, Claymore 11.7 has been running for weeks before then, so clearly MS have only added this signature to the db in the last day or so.

Suggest you folks check your exclusions, (suggest exclude file ONLY, (not folder for example), exclude EthDcrMiner64.exe and check your existing exclusions have not been removed.

Happy mining.

Activity: 82
Merit: 3
18.3.4 fixed issues I can now use 10.6 with 46mhs again.. Still can't launch 11.7 just pops up then disappears. How can I get 11.7 to work?

You updated Windows to 1803? It's easy to roll back to 1709.
But did you try AMD driver 18.5.1?
Activity: 42
Merit: 8
18.3.4 fixed issues I can now use 10.6 with 46mhs again.. Still can't launch 11.7 just pops up then disappears. How can I get 11.7 to work?

Hey there

There are 2 basic approaches to this.

1: Use the console, (CMD) and cd to the directory containing Claymore's executable, (EthDcrMiner64.exe), (and probably also containing your batch file, because if you're asking this question, is likely you're not so familiar with the console, setting paths etc. Not a criticism at all. MS have worked hard since win95 days to eliminate the user need for the console, and for the most part, have probably succeeded.)
But with the console open, you can then run your batchfile and see the print out of the results, (and the console remains open regardless, unlike executing the batchfile directly from explorer or desktop shortcut for example.)

2: Look at your log file, (it will have all the same info as you see in the console), and a lot more.

General advice on init fails.

Read the Readme!!!.txt file (especially the last sections, troubleshooting advice etc)
Read the History.txt file  (as you mention you're using 10.6. Mr Claymore added a lot since then.)

KISS: (Keep It Simple Stupid),(USN acronym, look that up if you're interested) But if you have a complex system, (rig), (more than 1 GPU), break it down, work with a single GPU until you solve your issue, then build it back up to multi etc.

If you are still stuck, post your batchfile, info on hardware, make/model/qty of GPU, logfile, and issue etc.
""It" doesn't work" for example, is unlikely to encourage people to give up time and braincells to help you.
Be specific, that you don't understand the problem is fine, but without providing detail, it's unlikely anyone else can help you.

As your rig is apparently running on 10.6 but not 11.7, and assuming you change nothing else, this should be a pretty quick and easy problem solve.
Some more detail would help here.
Best of luck.

Foot note, on cd
From the console, (Command prompt, aka cmd etc), type cd (change directory), 1 space, followed by the path to the location of EthDcrMiner64.exe on your system.
BE CAREFUL here, because you mention you have 2 versions of claymore on your rig, so make sure you know which version is where, (and you are really in the 11.7 directory).

e.g.
C:\Windows\System32>cd C:\Program Files\Claymore

Activity: 15
Activity: 15
Latest claymore won't even launch for me with new windows update ughhhhh.. Stupid PC updated only 11.0 working for me and lower hash rates on my vega 64.. Same settings with overdriventool I would get 46 mhs now just 37. Using latest amd drivers. roll back on driver does not change this.  Angry
Activity: 73
Merit: 3
Claymore 11.7 has been running well for me with only the occasional slowdown of card for a couple of minutes only to pick back up to speed.

My only problem is that I can't reliably STOP the program.  I get a BSD from a driver fault whenever I try to stop.  I've tried most of this year's drivers from the 18.2 in Feb to the one before the latest.  I'm in no hurry to be current on my driver under Win10 but I am looking for that stability.  No memory errors and nothing crazy in the overclocking realm.  I'm about 28.5MHs on each of my 580s.

I do use DDU in Safe Mode when I switch drivers to get the cleanest possible install.

Any thoughts about where to look?
What bioses?

I'm running Ultramix 3.1 with Samsung memory and just a strap copy with the Hynix ... 1750 to 2000. All are at 2000MHz.  They really clip along fairly well.  I just can't reliably stop them. Smiley

I suppose it could be worse.
Well that happens with too much oc

Turned out ... my boot drive was going bad and when trying to quit the closing of the log files was just too much.  It manifested itself in several ways but one was BSD's of various sorts from the display driver.  Maddening to figure that one out.  New drive ... no issues since.  I was lucky there was enough life left in it to pull off a clone.
Activity: 574
Merit: 261
Ok thank you guys !! Wink
I did what you advised me @Facinat  Smiley, I excluded claymore files in Windows Defender but I think I'll have to give the Claymore 11.7 folder as recommended @Call_Me_Bambi  Smiley, Windows Defender had to delete the file EthDcrMiner64.exe, I am not next but I will do it and you will be redirected, there is no reason that it is not ca! it works since more the last release of version 11.7.

Thanks guys ! :-)

It was after a couple puzzling shutdowns of Claymore before I figured out what was happening (a long time ago).
I think this tip should be marked as a 'sticky' as it has caught out so many people, and not only with Claymore but other miners too.
Activity: 64
I'm not experienced Linux developer, so may be I understand it incorrectly, but as far as I understand, there is no way to use libcurl3 in latest Ubuntu, right? And there is no way to put it to the miner folder to make it work.
I often hear phrases like "windows is bad" and "linux is freedom", but in fact in Windows I can link my app to libcurl.dll, put that .dll into my app folder and it will work in any Windows. What's wrong with Linux? Do I need to use static linking with each library that I use in my app? Ok I can do it, but it's ridiculous, isn't it? I saw it with OpenSSL until I linked it statically and now I see it again with libcurl.
Please correct me if I'm wrong. I have about 20 years of experience in Windows and it's enough for me, I have to use Linux only to port my miners due to a lot of requests.
PS. Or may be the only way for Linux is to distribute apps in source form and users must build them every time? Sounds funny...

In linux you can put somelib.so in your app dir and link with it also.

btw, I have some issues with fanmin option. it seems not work on my AMD cards. fans stop for a while on start and sometimes during mining when temp gets too low. Is it normal with -fanmin 30 option? If -tt 1 is set, fans never stop.

also I have suggestion - add option to stop mining when gpu reaches some amount of invalid shares.
Overheating & overclocking can result in permanent invalid shares generation for a long time without crashing and normal hashrate. Only manual restart helps in such situation.
Thanks in advance.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
Did you tried it yourself? Bugs from 18.4.1 fixed? As I remember in 18.4.1 speed drops to 0 on several cards after different periods of time from start mining...
I`m using new drivers since last night on 2 rigs all good so far.
Vega cards? I heard that on Vega new drivers works normal... But on Polaris...

EDIT: Just installed 18.5.1 drivers on my RX 580 and 270X. Looks like Claymore's Cryptonote and Dual miners works normal... It's good sign...
Activity: 2
Ok thank you guys !! Wink
I did what you advised me @Facinat  Smiley, I excluded claymore files in Windows Defender but I think I'll have to give the Claymore 11.7 folder as recommended @Call_Me_Bambi  Smiley, Windows Defender had to delete the file EthDcrMiner64.exe, I am not next but I will do it and you will be redirected, there is no reason that it is not ca! it works since more the last release of version 11.7.

Thanks guys ! :-)
Activity: 64
Do you know why Claymore 11.7 does not work anymore?

At home, when I throw it, it cuts off immediately!
on the other hand if I run Claymore 11.6 or an earlier version it works. It's weird not Huh

Put the 11.7 in a exclusion directory, then it should be fine.
Activity: 574
Merit: 261

on the other hand if I run Claymore 11.6 or an earlier version it works. It's weird not Huh

This can sometimes happen when Windows Defender, or other virus scanner, deletes the "EthDcrMiner64.exe" file thinking it's a virus.
If you could post any error messages you get this would help.
Run Claymore in a DOS box, this will stop it closing imediately and let you see any errors it reports.
Activity: 2

Activity: 6
Anyway, I will release new version in a few days, Linux version will work properly in latest Ubuntu too.

Thank you!!!
Activity: 48
Did you tried it yourself? Bugs from 18.4.1 fixed? As I remember in 18.4.1 speed drops to 0 on several cards after different periods of time from start mining...
I`m using new drivers since last night on 2 rigs all good so far.
Activity: 906
Merit: 507

I've reached 15.758 MH with overclocking and undervolting with ease and no problem.

I've a rx560 Hynix too, which timingstraps/clocks do you use to get 15.8MH? I can't reach 15
I'd like to know that also I bought a few gigabyte rev1 rx 560 when it was impossible to buy a 570/580 well for a normal price, but I'll have to say the rx 560 isn't a bad little card
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
Jump to: