Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 260. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Thanks Claymore. 11.6 works great, just needed to follow the advice of the group here.

I had previously tried 11.6 with AMD block chain drivers and had constant reboots. Finally got around to using DDU and at first used 18.3.4 drivers. I had a couple issues, like all but one card would switch to compute mode. Ended up using 18.2.1 drivers and with a 7 card rig (4x570@28~, 1x480@29-30~, 1x470@28~, 1x550@10-11~) it's been stable for weeks. No reboots and I hit around about 183mhs.

Question - is anyone else using the OhgodanETHlargementpill for their 1080/1080ti? I used a separate rig yesterday that now has my 1060 3GB cards and 1 1080 in it to test. I would only get about 25mhs using 11.6 on the 1080. After accepting the fact it's flagged as a virus also, I ran the "Pill" program in admin mode. The 1080 now runs between 33-35mhs depending on settings I set in AB. Claymore 11.6 reports the numbers and the pool seems to reflect the increase in speed/shares. I understand this new program is helping the gddrx5 memory work better.

Claymore, have you had time to look at this program? It'd be a great addition to have it work alongside the miner, like if the .exe is placed in the same folder it could somehow use it based on a flag in the config. Just a thought.

Thanks
Activity: 8
Hello,
I want miner to display information in this way:

http://amontech.pl/Piwigo/_data/i/upload/2018/04/28/20180428085936-fe9ce4a8-me.png

how to do it?

Didn't get your question? why do you need this way? what's the problem with normal way?
If you press "s" key that will display you this information.

try remote management feature.

REMOTE MONITORING/MANAGEMENT
Miner supports remote monitoring/management via JSON protocol over raw TCP/IP sockets. You can also get recent console text lines via HTTP.
Start "EthMan.exe" from "Remote management" subfolder (Windows version only).
Check built-in help for more information. "API.txt" file contains more details about protocol.
In linux, I have such information from the claymore terminal and I would like the same under Windows. That's what I mean: how to do it without pressing the "s" button.
Activity: 5
Feedback on v11.7:
I do ETH mining only, was stable on v11.0 but never worked well on v11.6 - crashed quite frequent.
After upgrade to v11.7 all is good, I am getting 2-3 more MH/s and I think I do have less stale shares on ethermine. At least short term it dropped from 5% to 1-2%.

Thank you for your continuous improvement!
Activity: 100
Merit: 6
Hello,
I want miner to display information in this way:

http://amontech.pl/Piwigo/_data/i/upload/2018/04/28/20180428085936-fe9ce4a8-me.png

how to do it?

Didn't get your question? why do you need this way? what's the problem with normal way?
If you press "s" key that will display you this information.

try remote management feature.

REMOTE MONITORING/MANAGEMENT
Miner supports remote monitoring/management via JSON protocol over raw TCP/IP sockets. You can also get recent console text lines via HTTP.
Start "EthMan.exe" from "Remote management" subfolder (Windows version only).
Check built-in help for more information. "API.txt" file contains more details about protocol.
Activity: 42
Merit: 8
Feature Request.

Greetings Mr Claymore and fellow miners.

Apologies if there is an existing thread for Claymore miner feature requests, I did search for that, and while I found multiple postings, there wasn't an obvious (to me), category for those.

So, without further ado, having used Claymore's miner for about 6 months, I have a list of refinements for consideration.

Background:
One the biggest PITAs is the way windows enumerates GPUs. AMD drivers seem to confuse things further, and when one looks at the numbering, the numbers used by Claymore, Radeon settings, GPU-z, Trixx etc, and device manager seem to differ. To make matters worse, every time I add a GPU, the numbering changes. The Radeon settings are bad joke, if you have more than 10 GPUs, and just checking if all are set to compute mode, and or setting them, can take well over an hour.
Some changes (graphic/compute) fail, and multiple reboots and attempts can be required.
With all the moaning and bitching about GPU shortages, gamers vs miners etc, regardless of what camp you sit in, for a supplier, miners are their dream come true. New market, multiple purchases, shortage generated, supply and demand rules, price hikes, or excuses for them, I'd say ALL consumers are loosing from that, but really, AMD, WTH, miners are your dream customer, purchasing 10s of cards vs gamers 1, so limiting drivers to 13 cards, and with a crappy interface that can literally take 3 hours to set up a 13 GPU rig, you should be utterly ashamed of yourselves!

Cudos to Mr Claymore, I see far more development with useful features, prompt action when bugs are encountered, and SOLUTIONS to issues.
(I've been playing with the -y 1 switch, but as it needs to be run as admin, that adds other concerns, but all the same, it's nice to see SOMEONE doing something about a moronic situation with AMD drivers).

One of the challenges maintaining a multiple GPU rig is identifying and locating sources of problems. This very same challenge is a daily event in every data/storage centre, and one solution that evolved was an ident-LED, so by management interface, it's possible to alarm trip, or manually illuminate those, which clearly marks the physical hardware on the rack.

So.....requests.

I'm using the -altnum 3 switch, which has at least remove the GPU-0 tag, which no other applications use, and seems to have aligned numbering with GPU-z, however, not so in the EthMan application, which is locked to the default numbering.

1.0 Would it be possible to have numbering control in ethman, (or have it clone the setting used in the miner config?)

1.1 Would it be possible to add a control in EthMan, to set FAN speed to maximum. It would be nice to have Ethman change LED colour on GPUs, but I'd imagine that would be a nightmare for programming as no 2 vendors or even models of card could be relied on to behave the same way. So, forgoing that, setting fan to MAX would serve as a useful manual indicator to identify problem GPU in the rack.
(I set the Sapphire cards, nitro LED to change by fan speed, so setting fan to max, would also make LEDs on those cards change to a specific colour, as well as hearing/seeing fans trucking.)

2.0 Console tweak. Option to suppress the purple temp/fan info. (Please keep that in the logs).
(I'm monitoring that in EthMan)

Side note about logs, THANK YOU for sorting out a configurable path for those, having them bundled in with the app was a pita when cleaning up/updating etc.

2.1 Console Tweak. Option to aggregate the "New job from..." i.e time stamp (see below), "n New jobs from...in last n seconds"

2.2 Console tweak. Option to add time stamps for each line.  

Maybe I should explain, or rather ask for some clarification as to what I'm currently seeing in the console. I see a lot of new jobs, and indeed shares are found, but there is no means to match those up. Which jobs are completed? How many outstanding jobs, (buffer/queue size).
I get the feeling a lot more jobs are received than solved/shares received.
Perhaps that is normal?

2.3 What would be cool is to have the means to stop/pause new jobs, and monitor the processing, completion of queued jobs, and have some means to tune that.
Or at least monitor it.

Being able to log, see something like.
20180428082631 Job 12345 received, 14th in queue, ......
20180428082701 Job 12345 finished, share accepted 16ms.......
20180428082959 Job 12345 finished, share (confirmed/rejected/stale/incorrect)

On that subject, I NEVER see any rejected shares in the console.
(BTW I am using -estale 1)
But what is odd is, some percentage 1~2% are stale according to the pool stats, but Claymore does not indicate that.

So, maybe I'm misunderstanding the purpose of "rejected" in the console, but at least for me it seems to serve no purpose, while incorrect shares, and stale shares don't seem to be indicated in the console.

2.4 Being able to follow the full path, received, processed, submitted, accepted, confirmed etc would be really helpful with debugging performance issues.

3.0 Configs for multiple pools.
Background, sometimes I'm switching coins, and pools. the epools.txt and dpools.txt are nice, but it's not clear what pools are in those.
Being able to define in the BAT file, WHICH pool file to use would be nice.

e.g. ETHpools.txt and ETCpools.txt, and "select" that in the start batch file would make that clearer, and mean I can leave static configs deployed, rather than having to edit/swap pool files each time, and run the risk I mess that up.

Update May 1st 2018. My bad, I spent some time to more thoroughly review the 11.7 readme, and spotted the solution to my 3.0 request above. Specifically Claymore 11.7 (and 11.6) now allows you to specify the file name of your pools file, (in your startup batch file).
Very cool, I've tested it in 11.7, and confirmed it works. e.g.

-epoolsfile epoolsEthermineETH.txt

What I would suggest though, is sectioning and versioning the readme file.
It seems this feature was already released with 11.6, mentioned in brief in the History.txt, but was missing the scope/scale/use case/example entry in the readme.

Well, that's about it for now.
Cheers.

Hey everyone, it's been a while.

Now that the dust has settled, which XVG pool do you use?

Obviously replies from users with 1-2 posts so far will be considered as bots...

Due to difficulty increase mining XVG is not profitable anymore. If you are XVG fan, mine some other profitable coin with primary coin and convert it to XVG.
Activity: 298
Merit: 100
This is new never had an issue until today. gtx 1060s 6gb build.

20:10:53:115   2684   CUDA error - cannot allocate big buffer for DAG. Check readme.txt for possible solutions.

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool stratum+tcp://lb.geo.pirlpool.eu:8002 -ewal 0x146B61920620BB885C1cB2 -epsw x -allcoins -1 -eworker GTX1060s -gser 2 -lidag 2 -minspeed 180 -r 1 -dcoin pasc -dpool mine.pasl.fairpool.cloud:4009 -dwal 422222226-46+GTX1060s -dpsw x -dcri 17

6GB is more than enough for DAG, could you try to remove the -lidag option

also ensure you have enough virtual mem

yeap virtual is at 16 and lidag is off same issue.

Try -eres command with value 2
I would increase virtual RAM as well if you have more room increase virtual RAM to 30 or 40. I am using it like 50

i thought eres had a default value of 2, i will increase to 50.

i increased VIRTUAL MEMORY TO 50, fixed my issue. TY sir you are the best!

20:10:53:115   2684   CUDA error - cannot allocate big buffer for DAG. Check readme.txt for possible solutions.

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool stratum+tcp://lb.geo.pirlpool.eu:8002 -ewal 0x146B61920620BB885C1cB2 -epsw x -allcoins -1 -eworker GTX1060s -gser 2 -lidag 2 -minspeed 180 -r 1 -dcoin pasc -dpool mine.pasl.fairpool.cloud:4009 -dwal 422222226-46+GTX1060s -dpsw x -dcri 17

Try -eres command with value 2
I would increase virtual RAM as well if you have more room increase virtual RAM to 30 or 40. I am using it like 50
management and overclock for recent Nvidia still not work i have to tested.

hmmm weird buddy is running 3gb cards with no issue, im on 6gb cards but im dual mining with version 397.31 released 4/25/18

i also always see this before the restart.

DevFee: stop mining and disconnect
Activity: 6
management and overclock for recent Nvidia still not work i have to tested.

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297
Grow with community

Activity: 15
Dear Claymore,
thanks for the updated version, but i have error for NVML cannot detect temperature as well as CUDA error.
If it worked before try lower clocks to see if that is the reason.
@Claymore : do you mean under clocking my GPU's?

From your log:
Code:
22:25:30:396   294c   gpu 9 nvidia memclock set ok (6355MHz, previous value was 5505MHz)

So may be set a bit lower overclock than +850? That's what I mean.

@claymore:
Thanks, so far no downtime for 11.7.. and the oc config are working in my 12 GPUs.

@Claymore:  Thanks for the clarification, i will try again 11.7 when i get home and configured less overclock in the script to the GPUs.
                     I will let you know what will be the result.

Activity: 176
Merit: 10
Hi I have a 6x 1080 Ti Rig and I get the following using v11.7 on Windows 10

20:12:54:675   12cc   Check and remove old log files...
20:12:54:675   12cc   args: -epool eu1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal 0xaddress -epsw x
20:12:54:677   12cc   
20:12:54:679   12cc   ÉÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍ»
20:12:54:687   12cc   º                Claymore's Dual GPU Miner - v11.7               º
20:12:54:691   12cc   º              ETH + DCR/SIA/LBC/PASC/BLAKE2S/KECCAK             º
20:12:54:692   12cc   ÈÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍͼ
20:12:54:693   12cc   
20:12:54:693   12cc   b583
20:12:54:894   12cc   ETH: 1 pool is specified
20:12:54:897   12cc   Main Ethereum pool is eu1.ethermine.org:4444
20:12:54:900   12cc   DCR: 0 pool is specified

I don't have any issues with the other rig with 2x 1080 Ti
Merit: 1
Windows is easy set-up but really a resource hog when it comes to memory.

Now to your question.

The best answer is to write down you're set-up, every piece of hardware, cables, risers, memory, and power supply.

Make sure you have enough watts from the PS ex: your rig draws 650 W at wall make sure you have an 850 or better 1000 because you want it to run cool.

I've been testing a lot of rigs with different setups and found when you try to squeeze the best MH/ from each card you can actually get worse results in the speed of compute.
Back down your overclocking and pump up the power by +5 can really make the GPU compute faster as long as you keep then cool.

I found that a clean version of windows with all the junk turned & apps off and memory set to performance +16000 virtual memory and check icon for thum-nails to work great.

Make sure windows defender is off or better make an exception for the mining software folder and when you open windows defender turn off the app feature as well.
Sometimes you might need to delete the mining software and DL a fresh copy just keep your settings in a note pad file for later use.

Remember to study the mother board features because most motherboards share resources with the USB channels for pci slots so turn the unused USB off, set slot generation and turn secure boot off if you mod the video cards bios then use pickelpatcher to sign the modded bios (video) not mother board.

I use the onboard video with no issues but that's not to say I havn't spend hour getting the settings correct,lol
Activity: 170
Wondering if someone has an easy solution to this new problem.

I've been mining for 1 year with no problems across my 5 rigs.

All of a sudden, the majority of my rigs (using various versions of Claymore) are showing GPU0 as 0.00 MH/s.   I can only seem to mine if i plug gpu0 into my monitor, but then my other rigs will stop mining.

When I relaunch claymore, it hangs at POOL/SOLO.  Eventually it will get going, but GPU0 will be at 0.00, then it loops.

I'm using various versions of claymore across my 5 rigs.  Aug23 blockchain drivers and afterburner.

Please help.  My hashpower is useless right now.

If you're using Windows operating system this may be the solution.
Windows doesn't like to operate well without a monitor attached to the primary video card.
But attaching a monitor isn't recommended when mining.
Try buying a Dummy Plug and put it on GPU 0.
They make HDMI dummy plugs in several forms.
That works great for me. Something like this one at Amazon.
I don't know why this would suddenly start, but I think it's worth a try for you.

https://www.amazon.com/CablesOnline-Graphics-Display-Detection-VE-D11/dp/B00N85QYGS/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1524787046&sr=1-4&keywords=dummy+video+card+plugs

Thanks for your advice.  I'll give it a shot.

I am indeed using Windows.   Even though I've done all I can to prevent automatic updates, even with regedits, Windows seems to update my machines.  Often I have to DDU and reinstall the blockchain drivers, which is quite the pain.  I assume these new issues I've been dealing with are likely related.

Your advice seems like it just may work.  I do know that when I login to my rigs via team viewer, the aspect ratio is perfect if I login to a rig that has a cable plugged into a monitor, even though it's off.  Otherwise it's 640x480 if there are no cables attached to GPU0.

Thanks again.

Have you done this to try to stop Windows Update ?
Maybe you already did that, but it has worked for me.

run services.msc
Scroll down to Windows Update.
If its shows running, right click and select STOP.
Then right click again and select Properties.
Set Startup Type to Disabled.
Exit the Services Menu.
Reboot.
Then check again to be sure its really disabled.

this is not the way to deal with windows update.
Instead you should use GP by opening gpedit.msc and disabling windows update policy.

also I can assure you that not having dummy plug/display connected to dev0 won't lead to 0MH for this dev. (or switched to integrated entierly)
as I have all these options working fine.
do mind though that if any display is connected(dummy is same) the card will be less stable and require more volts/lower clocks

Sure is a lot of inaccurate and bad advice out there.
Some get lucky and think they found the proper solution without vigorous testing.
Some make a change that has nothing to do with the issue and the issue goes away but it wasn't the fix.
However they will state this as fact.
They will also state that everyone else who found a solution is wrong.

Activity: 49
Wondering if someone has an easy solution to this new problem.

I've been mining for 1 year with no problems across my 5 rigs.

All of a sudden, the majority of my rigs (using various versions of Claymore) are showing GPU0 as 0.00 MH/s.   I can only seem to mine if i plug gpu0 into my monitor, but then my other rigs will stop mining.

When I relaunch claymore, it hangs at POOL/SOLO.  Eventually it will get going, but GPU0 will be at 0.00, then it loops.

I'm using various versions of claymore across my 5 rigs.  Aug23 blockchain drivers and afterburner.

Please help.  My hashpower is useless right now.

I use to get the same issue (hangs at POOL/SOLO, miner restarts after restarts).

What helped in my case was to remove all -cclock, -mclock settings. Perhaps you should try to remove all the gpu control and monitoring options and build up from there

That thought has crossed my mind.   So far I'm good with plugging all the GPU0's into an HDMI switcher, but if I continue to run into issues, I think I'll give what you mentioned a shot.

Also, thank to all else who have pointed out some interesting methods to prevent updates to Windows.   I'm sure this is an issue that is wreaking havoc on a lot of us.   I'm willing to bet that there's a good amount of people who have taken some value out of all of your opinions  and methods.
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
Hey everyone, it's been a while.

Now that the dust has settled, which XVG pool do you use?

Obviously replies from users with 1-2 posts so far will be considered as bots...
Jump to: