Pages:
Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 85. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 73
Merit: 3
Hello and thanks. What i win exactly undervolting the Cards?
Lower power usage and cooler GPU temps.
Activity: 46
Merit: 4
Anyone mining with RX 5700,
has any of you experiencing strange phenomena where only the one of the GPU is actually mining/or having its memory loaded with mining job?
Activity: 1200
Merit: 26
Hi claymore and everyone else.
I need help with this timing straps and OC.
Im using nicehash.there is claymore 15 on it.

1st problem: i use -strap 1 into settings (extra lunch parameters) it works if i OC gpus from after burner.gets 29Mhz for rx 470.but after while every time after new DAG settings happens my cards starts use more power(wattman same result) so every time i need from after burner move slider low or high and hot apply.then again anda again happens.im tired of this, what is the problem? when it drains more power more hotter my gpu are get.

2nd problem: i cant lunch rxboost. on nicehash in extran lunch parametrs i write -strap1 -rxboost, strap works but rxboost not.

Help guys in this difficult days
Thanks
Activity: 60
Merit: 2
Hey, ive a question.

I ve RX 570 (Ellesmere) and i use a little OC in memory (like 1600 to 2000). and i use this way always. Now reading the author's notes, i used the Driver install, Strap and RXBoost, and i can see a good changre (since 24 to 31 hasrate), and i dont see changes in the MSI Afterburner (same clock/mermory/tdp/temp that without these options). The question is, if my cards will be afected really with this options. Thanks.

If you have set the OC settings in the Claymore config file and you actually are getting 31 MH/s then you have done it correctly. Depending what AMD drivers you are running, you might get issues with MSI Afterburner. So if you want to verify your clocks you can try using the AMD Driver software called WattMan which is in the AMD display settings, or you can just use GPU-Z. Launch it and you will see your current clocks.

You should also undervolt if you haven't to save some watts and lower the temperature of your GPUs. You can also verify your hash speed in your pool after a few hours since the difference between 24 to 31 mh/s should be noticeable.

Hello and thanks. What i win exactly undervolting the Cards?
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Hey, ive a question.

I ve RX 570 (Ellesmere) and i use a little OC in memory (like 1600 to 2000). and i use this way always. Now reading the author's notes, i used the Driver install, Strap and RXBoost, and i can see a good changre (since 24 to 31 hasrate), and i dont see changes in the MSI Afterburner (same clock/mermory/tdp/temp that without these options). The question is, if my cards will be afected really with this options. Thanks.

If you have set the OC settings in the Claymore config file and you actually are getting 31 MH/s then you have done it correctly. Depending what AMD drivers you are running, you might get issues with MSI Afterburner. So if you want to verify your clocks you can try using the AMD Driver software called WattMan which is in the AMD display settings, or you can just use GPU-Z. Launch it and you will see your current clocks.

You should also undervolt if you haven't to save some watts and lower the temperature of your GPUs. You can also verify your hash speed in your pool after a few hours since the difference between 24 to 31 mh/s should be noticeable.
Activity: 180
Merit: 10

Well... as expected.
20 minutes in with these settings:
-tt 58 -cvddc 750 -cclock 1300 -fanmin 0 -mclock 904 and I get this:
WATCHDOG: GPU 0 hangs in OpenCL call, exit
Quit, please wait...

then the computer freezes and I have to reset it. Going to dial back to -mclock 900 and let it sit for a few hours.

EDIT:
51 minutes in and still holding but doesn't seem stable.
58C / 57C / 56C giving ~50.5MH/s each but it's bouncing between ~45MH/s to ~50.5MH/s at times.

DDU, fresh install of the drivers (19.9.1, I had issues with .2) - just install drivers from Device Manager.

Set all clocks/power in miner as you've been trying.
My card is  Saphire (without PULSE) Radeon RX 5700xt. Maybe I had luck with the vendor and the model. Running already 22 hours with stable hashrate (no bouncing), no crashes, mem temp 76 degree C, power draw reported 94W, fans about 44%, room temperature 22 degree C. Using  PM with -tt 58   -cclock 1300 -mclock 910 -cvddc 750

I'm using XFX. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if there's any way that we can determine if there are various types of memory yet. (Micron, Hynix, Samsung, etc)
It could be that XFX might use Micron where Sapphire might use Samsung. Something of that nature.
This would explain why I cannot get stable memory clock beyond 900 where some can even go beyond 910. Of course, every card is different. Question is, how much?

I'll look into DDU some other time. I'm pretty busy this week and that can be time consuming should there be a complication of any kind. Thus far my 5700 XT rig (of three XFX cards) has been running without issue for almost 11 hours with -tt 58 -cvddc 750 -cclock 1300 -fanmin 0 -mclock 900
If you recall when I tried 904 I quickly had issues. Unfortunately, they're not immediately obvious. It could take up to an hour for the OpenCL hang and system freeze. That's a long time to slightly (slowly) make minor adjustments to clock speeds in hopes for 2 or 3 MH/s extra.

I'm also keeping in mind that everything about these cards are still very new. As stated, I don't even know what kind of memory (other than 8GB of DDR6) I have. I don't think that -rxboost or -straps would make any difference yet either. So there's plenty of room for improvement and I see no reason why we can't get at least another 10% from these cards without sacrificing efficiency. There will be driver updates, software updates, bios firmware modifications, etc. I think that we just need to simply settle on whatever we each find to be most stable and wait until these improvements release.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Hi everyone, at this moment what are the best cards in terms of price / performance based on RX 5700 for mining eth?
I plan to build a 4-card rig soon and I am undecided between the purchase of reference cards or some 2-fan variants (for example Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 or MSI RX 5700 MECH)...thank you!
+1 vote from me for Saphire

Interesting the lottery, I have put my issues down to thee Sapphire non Pulse RX 5700XT

Tried everything and then went and picked up a Gigabyte OC and no issues at all.

Weirdly the Sapphire would only work with my B250 Mining Expert if plugged into the PCI X16 port... The gigabyte doesn't seem to be that fussy.
Activity: 220
Merit: 12
Hi everyone, at this moment what are the best cards in terms of price / performance based on RX 5700 for mining eth?
I plan to build a 4-card rig soon and I am undecided between the purchase of reference cards or some 2-fan variants (for example Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 or MSI RX 5700 MECH)...thank you!
+1 vote from me for Saphire

Well... as expected.
Quit, please wait...

then the computer freezes and I have to reset it. Going to dial back to -mclock 900 and let it sit for a few hours.

EDIT:
58C / 57C / 56C giving ~50.5MH/s each but it's bouncing between ~45MH/s to ~50.5MH/s at times.

DDU, fresh install of the drivers (19.9.1, I had issues with .2) - just install drivers from Device Manager.

My card is  Saphire (without PULSE) Radeon RX 5700xt. Maybe I had luck with the vendor and the model. Running already 22 hours with stable hashrate (no bouncing), no crashes, mem temp 76 degree C, power draw reported 94W, fans about 44%, room temperature 22 degree C. Using  PM with -tt 58   -cclock 1300 -mclock 910 -cvddc 750
Activity: 195
Merit: 4
All,

Quick question, is anyone else experiencing instability with the RX5700XT?

It will sit at 51mh/s for a few rounds and then drop down to 21, 8, 9 before going back up to 51mh/s

Power Limit -45%
Memory Max Frequency 910
Core Clock Frequency Auto

Checked Board, Riser and PSU with no luck

On latest drivers and Claymore version

Anyone had any luck with this?

Not crashing but the hash rate isn’t consistent?

Reference card 5700xt, Tried using afterburner and wattman to adjust clocks and power with no luck.

PM has rocksolid hashrate at 52.7mhs with: -tt 58  -cclock 1300 -cvddc 750 -mclock 910 -hstats 2
and only 76 degree C mem temperature

I keep seeing you post this. (Repeatedly)
What's your environment? I can't get anywhere close to your results. I've tried everything.

Mine is three cards, spaced about 1 inch between on a frame with two 120mm Hydra fans (185.87 CFM) blowing directly on them at full speed.
They're in a hydroponics tent with two other machines and the ambient temperature ranges from 110F to 120F.

This command has been working for the past 21h 33m.
-tt 58 -cvddc 800 -cclock 1300 -fanmin 0 -mclock 875
But only get 49.2MH/s for each card on average.

If I attempt to raise to -mclock 910 then my second card reduces to 0MH/s.
No matter what my -tt is set to it never makes any difference for me.
I use -cvddc 750 instead of 800 and ofcourse PM instead of claymore. The temperature in my room is aboit 22 degree C

So about a 30F-40F (24C) differernce in ambient temperature. I'm literally blowing hot air at my cards. LOL! (I have another inline duct fan arriving tomorrow to exhaust some of this heat. )
But when I try to go beyond 900Mhz I get the "watchdog" message and it quits then I frequently need to hit the reset button because sometimes it freezes up the whole system.
I'm currently trying -tt 58 -cvddc 800 -cclock 1300 -fanmin 0 -mclock 890 and I'm pretty stable for the time being. I'll try to reduce my -cvddc to 750 next and check my stability.
Don't try. Just do it. It wastes you at least 4watts and raises the temperature of your gpu a lot

Well... as expected.
Quit, please wait...

EDIT:

Activity: 130
my ref 5700 cvddc  didn't change 750,760,770,780,790 or 800mv always 800mv. İt's couse of miner or driver level problem?
Activity: 60
Hey, ive a question.

All,

It will sit at 51mh/s for a few rounds and then drop down to 21, 8, 9 before going back up to 51mh/s

Power Limit -45%
Memory Max Frequency 910

Reference card 5700xt, Tried using afterburner and wattman to adjust clocks and power with no luck.

PM has rocksolid hashrate at 52.7mhs with: -tt 58  -cclock 1300 -cvddc 750 -mclock 910 -hstats 2

What's your environment? I can't get anywhere close to your results. I've tried everything.

Mine is three cards, spaced about 1 inch between on a frame with two 120mm Hydra fans (185.87 CFM) blowing directly on them at full speed.
They're in a hydroponics tent with two other machines and the ambient temperature ranges from 110F to 120F.

I use -cvddc 750 instead of 800 and ofcourse PM instead of claymore. The temperature in my room is aboit 22 degree C

So about a 30F-40F (24C) differernce in ambient temperature. I'm literally blowing hot air at my cards. LOL! (I have another inline duct fan arriving tomorrow to exhaust some of this heat. )
But when I try to go beyond 900Mhz I get the "watchdog" message and it quits then I frequently need to hit the reset button because sometimes it freezes up the whole system.
I'm currently trying -tt 58 -cvddc 800 -cclock 1300 -fanmin 0 -mclock 890 and I'm pretty stable for the time being. I'll try to reduce my -cvddc to 750 next and check my stability.
Don't try. Just do it. It wastes you at least 4watts and raises the temperature of your gpu a lot

Well... as expected.
Quit, please wait...

EDIT:
All,

Power Limit -45%
Memory Max Frequency 910

All,

Power Limit -45%
Memory Max Frequency 910

All,

Power Limit -45%
Memory Max Frequency 910

All,

Power Limit -45%
Memory Max Frequency 910

PM has rocksolid hashrate at 52.7mhs with: -tt 58  -cclock 1300 -cvddc 750 -mclock 910 -hstats 2

All,

Power Limit -45%
Memory Max Frequency 910

PM has rocksolid hashrate at 52.7mhs with: -tt 58  -cclock 1300 -cvddc 750 -mclock 910 -hstats 2
Activity: 130
According to microm max temp is 95, "Op. Temp.
0C to +95C, -40C to +105C"
https://www.micron.com/products/graphics-memory/gddr6

90+ degrees should create problems in long term, esp. 7-24 mining...
Activity: 238
Merit: 3
maybe it is overheating, something like memory?
Pages:
Jump to: