Pages:
Author

Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux) - page 10. (Read 3839039 times)

Activity: 191
Merit: 12
HI there,

I am having hard times to try to mine equihash coin!

I have several rigs in total I have 27 cards a couple of rx 480 and the rest rx 570, 12 of them nitro plus and 12 mini pulse.
I'm using calymore on windows 10 and updated video drivers for the cards.
In general the mining of equihash compared with etash for me is very very unstable, from my end, I'm quite convinced I'm doing something wrong, the only way I have to mine with a bit of stability is to reduce the intensity to 0 and underclock but like this my hash rate is simply to low.

Please help me to understand how to mine equihash coin with my AMD rigs

Thank you

this is my conf file

Code:
-zpool ssl://zcl.suprnova.cc:4142
-zwall mywallet.myrig
-zpsw x
-tt 75
- i (i got even 0 with no results with AMD RX 570 MINI 4GB)
[b]-powlim -20[/b]
-allpools 1

Have you tested stability without lowering power limit (without powlim parameter)?
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
HI there,

I have several rigs in total I have 27 cards a couple of rx 480 and the rest rx 570, 12 of them nitro plus and 12 mini pulse.
In general the mining of equihash compared with etash for me is very very unstable, from my end, I'm quite convinced I'm doing something wrong, the only way I have to mine with a bit of stability is to reduce the intensity to 0 and underclock but like this my hash rate is simply to low.

Thank you

this is my conf file

Code:
-zwall mywallet.myrig
-zpsw x
-tt 75
-powlim -20
-allpools 1

If you are mining using suprnova's pool then perhaps you should check the information on what needs to be in the config file provided on their getting started guide as you use your weblogin.worker for the the wallet field and your worker password in the password field.

https://zcl.suprnova.cc/index.php?page=gettingstarted
Activity: 595
Merit: 251
HI there,

Thank you

this is my conf file

Code:
-zwall mywallet.myrig
-zpsw x
-tt 75
-powlim -20
-allpools 1
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
NVIDIA support ?

Claymore said there would be no nVidia support.
Activity: 2058
Merit: 608
Online Security & Investment Corporation
NVIDIA support ?
Activity: 35
Claymore we need update!

That’s what I’m saying! Nothing like promising to lower dev fee in your next release after folks complained and then making them wait several months for you to deliver on that promise. Might I also add while happily taking the same amount of crypto from them this entire time. What’s his incentive to give us this update? I’ve posted several times here asking for updates or about potential changes in the next release and I can’t get a reply. I’m beginning to lose hope that it’s gonna happen. He completed the Dual Miner and XMR changes he said had to be done several weeks ago now, but we have not received any updates here.
copper member
Activity: 416
Merit: 105
Claymore we need update!

No, he's right. It's possible with some AMD cards to get more hash by overclocking core but not memory.
This is especially true with modded bios, the tighter memory timings sometimes already give maximum speed at stock memory clock.

It’s card dependent, which was the conclusion I came too. You can’t say either way, it truly depends on the card. With the R9 380X  it’s not true that increasing core clock increases hashrate, but it may very well be true for other cards depending on how they are built and/or configured. My initial thought was that the RAM clock was the primary driver for hashrate, but as you and others have indicated, this is not always the case.
Activity: 131
Merit: 3
quick question , which is better for this miner ? GPU core speed or GPU RAM speed ?

Typically with Equihash, overclocking the ram will produce an increased hashrate.

Claymore's ZCash miner:
Overclocking the core clock speed increased hashrate. Overclocking or underclocking the GPU RAM actually decreased hashrate, with overclocking also decreasing GPU stability.

That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me given that Equihash is a memory hard algorithm. Its possible that increasing the gpu clock might help some, but that's not what's doing the majority of the processing so it should not produce a significant change in hashrate. I'm not sure what your doing, perhaps this depends on the type of card your dealing with, however, the above is my experience with the R9 380X.

No, he's right. It's possible with some AMD cards to get more hash by overclocking core but not memory.
This is especially true with modded bios, the tighter memory timings sometimes already give maximum speed at stock memory clock.
Activity: 204
Mining is our Passion! Join us!
Hello to all miners using Claymore,

We are happy to announce that after our first pool in the Zero Currency blockchain we decided to open a second one with Zclassic!

Forgetop.com (zclassic) opens today with 0% fee for the next month.

Perfect oportunity for you to come and test it out.

No matter do you have large farm, small rig or you are using NiceHash - we will be your own solo mining pool at 0 price for the next month!

After the end of the test period our pool will set low mining fee of 0.4%.

Cheers and Happy Mining to all!
forgetop.com - the profitable pools
Activity: 116
https://twitter.com/_Crypto_Mike

I use the MSI afterburner to manage the power. It is working very well.

Yeah MSI Afterburner isn't bad, but it depends on what AMD drivers your using and what graphics card. It doesn't always work right and I find that using Wattman actually is a lot easier and effective.
on my windows rigs i have never had a problem with MSI.

Yeah MSI Afterburner isn't bad, but it depends on what AMD drivers your using and what graphics card. It doesn't always work right and I find that using Wattman actually is a lot easier and effective.
Activity: 56

Experimental data. I posted an extensive list of parameters for this setup on the previous page. I wish overclocking GPU RAM increased hashrate too, but it didn't.

I was really hoping I could get 280h/s out of my 380X's using the settings you shared for your 280x, however, they lower my hash rate to about 209h/s per card. For me, setting my GPU clock to 900mhz and my RAM clock to 1625mhz produces the best result on the 380x in terms of performance/efficiency at 220h/s. Sure I can overclock my GPU to bring them up to 228h/s if I increase the ram to 1640mhz and uses an 1100mhz gpu clock as you suggested, but it uses so much more power I'm worse off. Just increasing the GPU to 1100 from 900 does nothing for me. I truly think this maybe a card dependent question.

@Claymore, my offer still stands, how much ZEC will it take to get you to make some improvements for the R9 380X (Tonga) in your next release?

I run both of those cards on one system using the 15.12 drivers and am getting 289 H/s on the 280x, and 217 H/s on the 380.  It doesn't appear that the power management functions are working on the command line either.  I might try the new drivers to see, but it could be a hassle for nothing.   

Activity: 58
Merit: 3

Experimental data. I posted an extensive list of parameters for this setup on the previous page. I wish overclocking GPU RAM increased hashrate too, but it didn't.

I was really hoping I could get 280h/s out of my 380X's using the settings you shared for your 280x, however, they lower my hash rate to about 209h/s per card. For me, setting my GPU clock to 900mhz and my RAM clock to 1625mhz produces the best result on the 380x in terms of performance/efficiency at 220h/s. Sure I can overclock my GPU to bring them up to 228h/s if I increase the ram to 1640mhz and uses an 1100mhz gpu clock as you suggested, but it uses so much more power I'm worse off. Just increasing the GPU to 1100 from 900 does nothing for me. I truly think this maybe a card dependent question.

@Claymore, my offer still stands, how much ZEC will it take to get you to make some improvements for the R9 380X (Tonga) in your next release?

I run both of those cards on one system using the 15.12 drivers and am getting 289 H/s on the 280x, and 217 H/s on the 380.  It doesn't appear that the power management functions are working on the command line either.  I might try the new drivers to see, but it could be a hassle for nothing.   
Activity: 64
Merit: 1
Phew, just finished reading every post of every page - good stuff!

Activity: 7
quick question , which is better for this miner ? GPU core speed or GPU RAM speed ?

Typically with Equihash, overclocking the ram will produce an increased hashrate.

Claymore's ZCash miner:
Overclocking the core clock speed increased hashrate. Overclocking or underclocking the GPU RAM actually decreased hashrate, with overclocking also decreasing GPU stability.

That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me given that Equihash is a memory hard algorithm. Its possible that increasing the gpu clock might help some, but that's not what's doing the majority of the processing so it should not produce a significant change in hashrate. I'm not sure what your doing, perhaps this depends on the type of card your dealing with, however, the above is my experience with the R9 380X.

Claymore's ZCash miner:

Claymore's ZCash miner:
Claymore's ZCash AMD GPU Miner v12.6
Windows 10 Home
Virtual Memory paging file size:
  • Initial size: 55555 MB
  • Maximum size: 99999 MB
2x Radeon R9 280x overclocked with MSI Afterburner:
  • Memory Clock: 1500 MHz
  • Core Clock: 1100 MHz

Drivers:
Installed with Win10-64Bit-Crimson-ReLive-Beta-Blockchain-Workloads-Aug23 "Express Install" (used amdcleanuputility1.5.7.0 before install)
  • Radeon Settings Version: 2017.0808.2036.35271
  • Driver Packaging Version: 17.30.1029-170808a2-317304 E-CrimsonReLive
  • 2D Driver Version: 8.1.1.1614
  • Direct3D Version: 9.14.10.01293
  • OpenGL Version: 6.14.10.13491
  • OpenCL Version: 22.19.659.0
  • AMD Mantle Version: 9.1.10.0220
  • AMD Audio Driver Version: 10.0.1.1
  • Vulkan Driver Version: 1.6.0
  • Vulkan API Version: 1.0.51

From Claymore's ZCash AMD GPU Miner v12.6:
  • ZEC - Total Speed: 568.698 H/s