Author

Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux) - page 505. (Read 3839163 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
quarkchain.io
Activity: 732
Merit: 500
I will release new version in a few hours.

Ei mishka...
Activity: 263
Merit: 100

Waiting for it Smiley
ready to test it! thanks for the great support!
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
legendary
Activity: 1881
Merit: 3057
All good things to those who wait
Guys, can you tell me what is the average life of a rig which is on 24/7? Some of my fans are dead after 3 months, so it is clear that they will be all dead in 2 years tops. But what about the psu's, mobos and video cards? Can I expect them to work 3 or 4 years with the Claymore miners? I am asking this because if the profits drop again (like 0.20$ per day for 280x before the Zec launch), I will not be able to return my investment in near future.

They have warranty for 3 years so it doesn't matter.

Your 280x should of been making almost $1/day before ZEC, maybe your electricity is too high

Yes, I am talking about the profit not the rev. For 15 Mh/s (280x cards) the profit dropped below 0.30$ in the days when the ETH, ETC and XMR were plumetting.
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
Guys, can you tell me what is the average life of a rig which is on 24/7? Some of my fans are dead after 3 months, so it is clear that they will be all dead in 2 years tops. But what about the psu's, mobos and video cards? Can I expect them to work 3 or 4 years with the Claymore miners? I am asking this because if the profits drop again (like 0.20$ per day for 280x before the Zec launch), I will not be able to return my investment in near future.

Your 280x should of been making almost $1/day before ZEC, maybe your electricity is too high

Hi,

i'am mining with 6 * 7790, 5 * 7850 and 2 * r9 270 for years....started with scrypt coins to X11-coins, tried multicoins with sgminer.
Now i'am at Ethos (Ethereum) and Zcash/Zdash with windows 8.1 and claymores great miner ...... i never had any hw-problems nor fan problems !
For ethos i'am using my own fan-script (much less noisy but cool enough)

Just do not overclock maybee undervolt if possible! Try to set the fan-speed at low as possible....but high enough to keep your chips cold enough.
And every half a year just take your cards clean them and repaste them with a good paste......

thats all
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses

legendary
Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003
≡v≡
I think it mostly depends on environment, dust and temperature. In my case in 4 month period I burned down only one ref RX480 out of 270, fans working great, a bit dusty inside but cleaning them regularly expands the lifetime

How long have you had your 480's?
From the beginning of August
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
I think it mostly depends on environment, dust and temperature. In my case in 4 month period I burned down only one ref RX480 out of 270, fans working great, a bit dusty inside but cleaning them regularly expands the lifetime

How long have you had your 480's?
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
one question.

i mining eth, then in a week ago i change to mine ZEC, just to try it for and hours, but then i swich back to ETH mining but i could not start miner (before i tried mining ZEC everthink went fine). so i reinstal GPU driver and then i try again ETH and it works and i leave it till today. Today i want to try ZEC, but could not start the miner.

What can be the problem?

That's too vague.
What miners where you using for eth?
Driver version?
Nvidia or AMD?
What GPU's?
What motherboard/cpu/ram?
What OS?

claymore dual mining for eth 7.4
claymore zec 7.0

driver latest crimson 16.11.4 (also tried on 16.9.2 and 16.11.3)5*rx 480 oc 8gb

bios v4

asrock btc pro/celeron/8gb ram

wiin 10.

seting on custom bios are 1150/2150.

thx

I have that problem too, anyone helps us plz  Huh
I've reinstalled windows, driver so many times. It could run fine just 1 time. Then if I reset or it's crash, I couldn't login back to windows.
I've unplugged all gpus, uninstalled and reinstalled driver, it could run fine 1 time (both zec and eth). Then it moved to next loop.
I've tried on windows 8.1 and 10.
Driver crimson 16.11.4 & 16.9
6 RX 470, modded bios
Ubuntu is fine, but zec tool is so slow

Same problem if I understanding correctly, mine eth then zec then back to eth - can't mine. Here the fix was -eres 1 option
legendary
≡v≡
legendary
Activity: 1881
Merit: 3057
All good things to those who wait
legendary
≡v≡
Anyone know if it's possible to run the binary in Ubuntu (with say, WINE)?

That would be a terrible idea. You will have to wait until Claymore releases a Linux version or dual boot Windows.

Bummer. I'd personally love a Linux version to be able to make Docker containers and easily manage the machines. But okay.

Is a linux version something we can expect, or is it not really on the priority list?
No zec miner for linux and nvidia cards as far as I know
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Anyone know if it's possible to run the binary in Ubuntu (with say, WINE)?

That would be a terrible idea. You will have to wait until Claymore releases a Linux version or dual boot Windows.

Bummer. I'd personally love a Linux version to be able to make Docker containers and easily manage the machines. But okay.

Is a linux version something we can expect, or is it not really on the priority list?
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
You can already do this by mining at an auto-switching pool using Claymore. What would be useful is for Claymore to auto-switch POOLS based on profit, he can dream big and combine all his miners controlled by a separate program that looks at the pool API's and starts the appropriate miner.

Can you imagine hundreds of thousands of miners hitting that API?

How do you think the nicehash miner works?

Nicehash isn't a free service. They are paying for bandwidth/resources by the fees.
A public API is going to have costs / overheads.

Claymore wouldn't need an API; the switching would be done locally and you access the APIs from the pools. A local controller app would launch the miner(s) and connect to them via the 'mport' to tell it what pool to use. If all the miners had a benchmark feature as well, it could determine the speed for each algo to base the profit calculations off. This is all that Nicehash do but they lock it to only their pool's API.
legendary
≡v≡
Dear Claymore

I tried restarting miners via remote manager and instead of restarting they just shut down, is it a bug or am I doing something wrong ?

I use remote manager with no issues.. how's your setup?
usual, no port change, nothing specific 65 ZEC rigs and on every rig the same, I use view miner console and config edit also they work great. On ETH rigs everything working fine
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
Dear Claymore

I tried restarting miners via remote manager and instead of restarting they just shut down, is it a bug or am I doing something wrong ?

I use remote manager with no issues.. how's your setup?
Activity: 146
Merit: 10
First question - what PSU do You use? Can You change PSU for testing? I dont have much rigs - around 25 - and I have seen that most problems start with bad or noname PSUs.. Now I am using just Corsair, Seasonic, Antec or bequiet! PSUs. And problems went away.. Smiley Other hardware is standard ( BTC Pro mobos, G1840 processor, 8GB ram, corsair SSD ).

Hi Claymore. Thanks for the good miner. This is not just a good miner, it's the best miner!  But I have a problem with it.

1.   The rig with three cards RX 480. Almost always, when you start miner, one of the card showing low hash rate. Usually it is approximately two times lower. Typical for my config 170-175. One of the cards can show the 40, 80, 110. Each time a different. In order to get the highest hash rate I have repeatedly restart miner. Often this can be done repeatedly restarting the computer. When the card shows the maximum hash rate - CPU loading is 10-15%. At the same time, the GPU loading, on card that show low hashrate is 100%.

2. The second problem. After working about 15-20 hours miner hangs. Writes: Open CL device hung and miner can not be self restarted. I restart the miner repeatedly to get high hashrate.

3. If I put fourth card in rig - Radeon HD 7970, the miner worked for some time simply halts the system. This restart is possible only  disconnect the power supply.

What I've done:
1. Install the system Windows 10 from scratch. I put different drivers. Recommended drivers 15.12 - do not see my cards RX 480. Now I use drivers 16.11.4
2. Changed Reiser to other - it does not solve the problem.
3. Place the cards in other slots - not solve problem.
4. Removed from the system Radeon HD 7970, install the system from scratch. Radeon HD 7970 is now living in the other rig.

My config:
 The motherboard MSI Krait Gaming 3X socket 1151
Intel Pentium Dual-Core G4500
8GB of memory
Swap 32Gb
Radeon SSD
3 X Sapphire RX480 nitro

Launch miner's this line from *.bat file:
ZecMiner64.exe -mport 0 -i 4 -zpool eu1-zcash.flypool.org:3333 -zwal -zpsw x

Miner Version 7.0

I hope for your help, and help the community. Sorry for the English. It is not my native language.

Activity: 11
Merit: 1
Hi Claymore. Thanks for the good miner. This is not just a good miner, it's the best miner!  But I have a problem with it.

1.   The rig with three cards RX 480. Almost always, when you start miner, one of the card showing low hash rate. Usually it is approximately two times lower. Typical for my config 170-175. One of the cards can show the 40, 80, 110. Each time a different. In order to get the highest hash rate I have repeatedly restart miner. Often this can be done repeatedly restarting the computer. When the card shows the maximum hash rate - CPU loading is 10-15%. At the same time, the GPU loading, on card that show low hashrate is 100%.

2. The second problem. After working about 15-20 hours miner hangs. Writes: Open CL device hung and miner can not be self restarted. I restart the miner repeatedly to get high hashrate.

3. If I put fourth card in rig - Radeon HD 7970, the miner worked for some time simply halts the system. This restart is possible only  disconnect the power supply.

What I've done:
1. Install the system Windows 10 from scratch. I put different drivers. Recommended drivers 15.12 - do not see my cards RX 480. Now I use drivers 16.11.4
2. Changed Reiser to other - it does not solve the problem.
3. Place the cards in other slots - not solve problem.
4. Removed from the system Radeon HD 7970, install the system from scratch. Radeon HD 7970 is now living in the other rig.

My config:
 The motherboard MSI Krait Gaming 3X socket 1151
Intel Pentium Dual-Core G4500
8GB of memory
Swap 32Gb
Radeon SSD
3 X Sapphire RX480 nitro

Launch miner's this line from *.bat file:
ZecMiner64.exe -mport 0 -i 4 -zpool eu1-zcash.flypool.org:3333 -zwal -zpsw x

Miner Version 7.0

I hope for your help, and help the community. Sorry for the English. It is not my native language.
legendary
≡v≡
Dear Claymore

Jump to: