Author

Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux) - page 506. (Read 3839163 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Anyone know if it's possible to run the binary in Ubuntu (with say, WINE)?

That would be a terrible idea. You will have to wait until Claymore releases a Linux version or dual boot Windows.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
You can already do this by mining at an auto-switching pool using Claymore. What would be useful is for Claymore to auto-switch POOLS based on profit, he can dream big and combine all his miners controlled by a separate program that looks at the pool API's and starts the appropriate miner.

Can you imagine hundreds of thousands of miners hitting that API?

How do you think the nicehash miner works?

Nicehash isn't a free service. They are paying for bandwidth/resources by the fees.
A public API is going to have costs / overheads.
Activity: 449
Merit: 251
Guys, I know this has probably been asked, but when is the ETA for the next version for claymore's miner?

I checked the last 6 pages and finally gave up reading, I could not find any mention of the ETA Smiley

BTW shout out to Claymore for all the good work!
Easiest way to find is check Claymore latest posts......

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/claymore-306958

You can go to any users page and see their latest post....
legendary
Activity: 1044
Merit: 1050
Guys, I know this has probably been asked, but when is the ETA for the next version for claymore's miner?

I checked the last 6 pages and finally gave up reading, I could not find any mention of the ETA Smiley

all you had to do was click on the op's profile and look at his post history would have been faster. It was one of his most recent post. Straight from the source.
 1-2 days
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

The normal ETA for a new Claymore version is "when I think it's ready".
Activity: 30
Merit: 0

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Anyone has the v7 hashrate on the r9 270x? Tia

got 110 here powercolor 1150/1425

side note: get 105 on the 7870 on 1200/1250 also powercolor

That's tempting numbers on that 7870 since I've got 2 of those (one reference, one HIS IceQ)....

But GAH have to install Windoze for that, SO STUPID.
Activity: 115
Merit: 10

got 110 here powercolor 1150/1425

side note: get 105 on the 7870 on 1200/1250 also powercolor
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001
280x is the best as usual price vs sols Wink))

hence why this cards even used get bought out on ebay

I'm with you buddy, 280x are best bang for buck since you can get them for cheap as chips thesedays, I just bought a Sapphire version the other day for $100 AUD, it's so much better than my Gigabyte Gaming Edition version and runs much cooler,
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
What is the best setting (modded bios setting and overclock setting) for RX 470 & rx 480 to produce the lowest Watt : hash ratio OR the highest Hash : Watt ratio?

Mine is (i'm not sure if my setting is good enough), but here the number:

RX 470 8GB memory type samsung, asic quality 63.2% (according to GPU-Z)

Setting: bios strap 1750, core clock = 1300, memory clock = 2000, GPU voltage -108mv (on sapphire trixx)
Result: 162 H/s, power consumption around 130 W on the wall,  87 Watt average in GPU-Z ===> ratio hash:power = 1.24 H/watt

RX 480 4GB, memory type Hynix, asic quality 77.5%

Setting : bios strap 1500, core clock 1300, memory 1750, GPU voltage -78mv (sapphire trixx)
Result:  166 H/s, power consumption 118 W on the wall, 76 W on GPU-Z ==> ratio 1.40 H/watt

Care to share your result?

any advice is highly appreciated.. I still toying with the setting once in a while now..

I really respect the way that this is written with the end result being a H/W.  This makes all gpu readouts apples to apples.  Hashrate per Watts as a final result -or- said differently "How many hashes do you get for the watts you use!"   Very well evaluated!
Activity: 19
Need quick help.. I usually use Saphire Trixx software to control my clocks. To make it easier i wanted to add -cclock and mem clock into the script. But when do that even at stock speeds it crashes and hard locks. Its like its fighting for control from another application which i have non other than the stock amd settings. what could be causing the hard locks?
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
the grandpa of cryptos
280x is the best as usual price vs sols Wink))

hence why this cards even used get bought out on ebay
Activity: 157
Merit: 100
Sapphire R9 270X Dual OC - 98-101 h/s
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
I like the leds around this time of year.  Reminds me of good ol usb blockerupter xmas lights. 
rpg
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Just asked because I can get a used one for $70. What power does it use? At 90 H seems to be about the same relative price as a 470 that at $160 gives you 160h
Activity: 703
Merit: 272

My 270x gets 90 H/s  at stock clocks.. don't ask what they are, cause i don't know.  I only know i haven't oc'd it.
rpg
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
... with stupid flashing lights...

You can turn those off.
does it require their special software to do that if so it's not going to happen since the rig is mixed card manufacturer.

I have a crap load of XFX RX480's with these bright ass stupid lights as well. I wish I could them off. Just a waste of power.
what stupid are yu saying , lol, they just using 0,01watt for light, dont impact anything ,lolololol
this are mining rigs is not as if they are going to be paraded at a lan party

I dont know if it's the same with an xfx 480 but with a gigabyte 380 you just have to take off the fan mounting and unplug the led wire, in winter it's just annoying, in summer it's a great way to cover your GPU in moth guts.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Dark Passenger Bitcoin miner 2013,Bitcoin node
... with stupid flashing lights...

You can turn those off.
does it require their special software to do that if so it's not going to happen since the rig is mixed card manufacturer.

I have a crap load of XFX RX480's with these bright ass stupid lights as well. I wish I could them off. Just a waste of power.
what stupid are yu saying , lol, they just using 0,01watt for light, dont impact anything ,lolololol
this are mining rigs is not as if they are going to be paraded at a lan party
Activity: 46
Nice v.7, thanks Claymore,

850 sol/s @ 635W - 6 x 480
Jump to: