Author

Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux) - page 551. (Read 3839163 times)

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Dark Passenger Bitcoin miner 2013,Bitcoin node
Hi, Im having trouble with nanopool's guide for speed results.....
My miner reads 560h/s to 565h/s however on nanopool 6hrs reads 510h/s and 2hrs to 24hrs not much different. Im losing about 50+h/s. Fees would be 2.5% which is about 15h/s. Does anyone else have this problem with nanapool under cutting or is it just me....

Welcome to the wonderful world of mining! Yes, it is normal to see less hash on the pool that the local miner displays. There are other factors other than fees that play into this, such as stales, miner or GPU restarts, momentary disconnects due to your ISP or the pool itself, and also just plain old luck.
well when in doubt about a pool IMO is to run Forest run
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011
My miner reads 560h/s to 565h/s however on nanopool 6hrs reads 510h/s and 2hrs to 24hrs not much different. Im losing about 50+h/s. Fees would be 2.5% which is about 15h/s. Does anyone else have this problem with nanapool under cutting or is it just me....

Welcome to the wonderful world of mining! Yes, it is normal to see less hash on the pool that the local miner displays. There are other factors other than fees that play into this, such as stales, miner or GPU restarts, momentary disconnects due to your ISP or the pool itself, and also just plain old luck.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Dark Passenger Bitcoin miner 2013,Bitcoin node
thats impressive my 11 cards 3 mobo =1685.774 hash, 7.775 amps x 240 volts= 1866 watts miners -I 4 that includes three monitors modem router and small switch. cards 4x480, 5x390x and 2 lonely 7950, it appears that i need to trim some fat, also no bios bs and no tweaking of the catalyst Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 311
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
Getting 166 sol/s out of a rx470 8gb nitro

How in the world are you doing that?Huh??

Who cares not to be rude but what is the watts per H?

I do 2.2 k h across 18 cards using 5 mobos  . Rx 470 or rx 480.

No bios bs.  I set msi after burner 4.3

My watts are 7.9 amps x 240 volts = 1896 watts say 1900

So 1900/2200=  .863 watts per H/s

My best rig does .799 watts per H/s

Yes, that is true more is better, but not at the cost of efficiency......W/Hs would be the better question!
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

Who cares not to be rude but what is the watts per H?

I do 2.2 k h across 18 cards using 5 mobos  . Rx 470 or rx 480.

No bios bs.  I set msi after burner 4.3

My watts are 7.9 amps x 240 volts = 1896 watts say 1900

So 1900/2200=  .863 watts per H/s

My best rig does .799 watts per H/s
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Right now Ethereum is more profitable about 10-20%

Not even close for RX480 cards. ZEC is miles ahead in profitability.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Activity: 157
Merit: 100
Can anyone post their start script or config file for mining zclassic or on nicehash? I keep getting an error when trying to mine elsewhere besides default site.  Thanks!

set GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
set GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
set GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
set GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
set GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

ZecMiner64.exe -allpools 1 -zpool equihash.usa.nicehash.com:3357 -zwal "youraddress" -zpsw x

U need to add allpools 1

I assume the address is the btc address or zaddress?

BTC address.
Activity: 123
I want to ask anybody here who mines zcash in nicehash.com which is automatically converted to BTC.

IF i interpret correctly nicehash.com pay miners based on the accepted hashpower (with equihash algorithm in Ksol) that we (miners) delivered on certain rate. For example i read the rate in the nicehash homepage (https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp) as follow:

Algorithm    Port    Currently Paying    24h Payouts    

Equihash     3357       0.0142 *        0.0170 *

I interpret the data above that nicehash pay 0.0142 BTC per kilo sols (1000 sols) per day.. So if for example our rig deliver about 800 h/s (800 sol/s) and assume this 800 h/s speed accepted by nicehash.com and we mine a full day..

nicehash will pay us about 800/1000 * 0.0142 btc = 0.01136 BTC per day.

Is my calculation correct??

Appreciate any answer/respond.
(pardon my english if it is difficult to understand.. * english is not my native language)

That's exactly right.

Thank you  man for the answer..  :-)
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
Can anyone post their start script or config file for mining zclassic or on nicehash? I keep getting an error when trying to mine elsewhere besides default site.  Thanks!

ZecMiner64.exe -allpools 1 -zpool equihash.usa.nicehash.com:3357 -zwal "youraddress" -zpsw x

U need to add allpools 1

I assume the address is the btc address or zaddress?
Activity: 422
Merit: 251
Pasl [Xci-r.i.p.] Eth Zcl Kmd Zen Rep Xmr Sc Neo
Cleaning old 7950´s from the mothballs is of very little consequense to over all mining power. Pretty dumb for anyone to think otherwise...

It was a good run with multiplied profits compared to Eth mining etc. for a while. It´s still very much nicer.  Cheesy

I´m not saying all the fun is over but normalizing of mining profits is taking place..

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

U need to add allpools 1
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
anyone that have a 7950 can tell us the power consumption of the card mining eth and mining zec?
Activity: 60
Activity: 138
I want to ask anybody here who mines zcash in nicehash.com which is automatically converted to BTC.

IF i interpret correctly nicehash.com pay miners based on the accepted hashpower (with equihash algorithm in Ksol) that we (miners) delivered on certain rate. For example i read the rate in the nicehash homepage (https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp) as follow:

Algorithm    Port    Currently Paying    24h Payouts    

Equihash     3357       0.0142 *        0.0170 *

I interpret the data above that nicehash pay 0.0142 BTC per kilo sols (1000 sols) per day.. So if for example our rig deliver about 800 h/s (800 sol/s) and assume this 800 h/s speed accepted by nicehash.com and we mine a full day..

nicehash will pay us about 800/1000 * 0.0142 btc = 0.01136 BTC per day.

Is my calculation correct??

Appreciate any answer/respond.
(pardon my english if it is difficult to understand.. * english is not my native language)

That's exactly right.
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
Can someone share the tip and tricks on the monitoring as I do not have a clue how to set it up.

Claymore BTW i would just like to know if we had hit the limits of RX cards?

sure, put -mport -3333 in your .bat file, so you can monitor but not change anything.  (allow firewall exceptions if they pop up) Open ETHman, click add new miner, and enter a name, then 192.168.1.xxx depending on what the address of your rig is.  Download Fing if you want an easy way to know where what.  or just check on your router.  anyways, port is 3333 and you should be monitoring your rig. 

On the 280x and older cards note, they won't be profitable for much longer - mining always tends to go to an efficient bottom Smiley  In the long run anyway for a coin.  But since ROI on those rigs is already done or will be soon if you were there from day 1 then no biggy I guess. 

Claymore, do you have a customer service job opening ? i'd like to apply Smiley
Activity: 83
The reason why the profitability is VERY LOW for ZEC is because the most common mining GPU in existence the Tahiti (Radeon 7950 / 7970 / 280x) went back online since its has very good hashing rates as compared to the newer cards.

During ETH mining the Tahiti suffered the DAG file slowdowns, so it started at 27MH/s last August 2015, and now it only hashes at 16MH/s however it hashes ZEC at compartable rates as the RX series.

130 Sols mining ZEC = > 0.001846 BTC/per day

Mining ETH is only 16MH/s which is 0.0015 BTC/per day. You can dual mine and get like 0.0017 BTC/per day but crazy power consumption.

So you can see why the difficulty is crazy high for ZEC at the moment. Due to these old GPUs coming back online. People got basements filled with them during the Litecoin mining days.

these cards are power hungry - will miners afford to get them online to mine ZEC?

I've come to understand the power draw is considerably lower than ETH, at least at the moment, meaning dual mining will still use 100% but ZEC alone, I don't know because i don't have a watt meter, but at present it's something like 40%-70% the power draw. if the temps are any indication.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
The reason why the profitability is VERY LOW for ZEC is because the most common mining GPU in existence the Tahiti (Radeon 7950 / 7970 / 280x) went back online since its has very good hashing rates as compared to the newer cards.

During ETH mining the Tahiti suffered the DAG file slowdowns, so it started at 27MH/s last August 2015, and now it only hashes at 16MH/s however it hashes ZEC at compartable rates as the RX series.

130 Sols mining ZEC = > 0.001846 BTC/per day

Mining ETH is only 16MH/s which is 0.0015 BTC/per day. You can dual mine and get like 0.0017 BTC/per day but crazy power consumption.

So you can see why the difficulty is crazy high for ZEC at the moment. Due to these old GPUs coming back online. People got basements filled with them during the Litecoin mining days.

these cards are power hungry - will miners afford to get them online to mine ZEC?
Jump to: