Author

Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux) - page 687. (Read 3839163 times)

Activity: 414
Merit: 250
Added another 5% or so on all my rigs with older cards using the -i 2 switch.

On my Rigs with newer cards, such as the RX series, I actually seen a slight decrease versus version 2.0. I have tried all three intensity levels and even the -i 2 gives a bit less sols and the CPU usage is greater than in version 2.0. I am still playing around as it might have been my lowered clocks, but it seems this version was geared more toward the older cards.

Yes I did not have time to improve performance on Polaris yet.

Can't wait for your update.

There are lot of space to improve polaris series.
Let's face how much exactly can you squeeze from them.
Good luck.
legendary
Activity: 1339
Merit: 1002
how put config solomining?
legendary
Activity: 1281
Merit: 1003
These speed improvements are great however there is just one small problem...

yes i m back to eth

v2.1 on -i 2, R9-380 the same as R-370 (32H/s)?

i have 36mh on mine
legendary
Activity: 1281
Merit: 1003
These speed improvements are great however there is just one small problem...

yes i m back to eth
Activity: 430
Merit: 254
Pre-built systems have crap power supplies that are lucky to live through the warranty period without adding any extra hardware. I'm surprised it even had a motherboard that allowed you expand to two cards, or enough 6 and 8-pin connectors on the PSU in the first place. Lesson learned. Hopefully the more expensive components are still good and it's just the board or PSU.

The workstation class systems are usually not that crappy in my experience. Thats why I use them. Of course custom and surpose built is better (did this for a living)  but leasing surplus is not a bad option nowadays.

I guess for an 8 year old system with 2x 150W TDP CPUs plus 2x 300W TDP GPUs it held up decently well if you got 3 months of mining out of it. You probably weren't seeing any CPU load while ETH mining, but ZEC would have been a different story. Did it have the 800W or the 1050W in it?
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Solarcoin.org
Hi folks,

here's my short story ... so far.

I came into mining about 6 months ago. Had a HP 8600W Workstation, that was running 24/7 quite underutilized. So I thought why not making some extra money?!
To stay easy I went with nicehash. I soon noticed my good old trusted Nvidia Quadro was no more beefy enough for nowadays. So I ended up adding 400,-- € with 2 RX290x cards to my system. Seemed to make them pay themself in 2-3 months at that point, selling hashpower for ether. Let them run with minor tweaking and now, just a few days ago they paid themself (as long as I dont calculate power use). Great so far, profit might be coming.

Thats when I learned about Zcash and the Claymore miner. Went fast, quite easy installation and worked fine. Have been running V1, V1.1 and V2 with success, for about a day each . Made about 50% more BTC than on Ether for a Moment. Then I got greedy. Tweaked settings up to 1125/1500 with good result. Ran for hours ...

When I stopped the miner for some updates, the system fried. Got a black screen and the system blackscreens again at boot up or after login. Even with different GPUs. I'll go on figuring out tomorrow. Right now, I'd say I killed the board or the PSU or both and a "new" used Workstation might be needed. If that's the case I'll be set another 500,-- € back.

At least unpleasurable when you are already set back with a big Vets bill because of some asshole that poisened and killed your dog.  Cry

So worth the money? I'd say no. But it's a experience and a gamble.

I'll be back soon, maybe...

Cheers Peter

Did you pay attention to heat? I'm paranoid about heat issues. I don't run my cards more than 10% OC and that's just the GPU, I don't even like to mess with the ram clock. I also unlocked and under volt my cards. Mining ZEC barely produces any heat, takes about 2/3's of the power of mining ethereum and 1/2 the power of mining the old litecoin that I originally built the rig for.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 297
Grow with community
My Reference 480 8GB cards with strap mod do 55-57s/s with -i 2

nice, how about watt on the wall? worthed??
I can check powerdraw tomorrow

Nice speed zilla, care to share the strap use for this? TIA
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Pre-built systems have crap power supplies that are lucky to live through the warranty period without adding any extra hardware. I'm surprised it even had a motherboard that allowed you expand to two cards, or enough 6 and 8-pin connectors on the PSU in the first place. Lesson learned. Hopefully the more expensive components are still good and it's just the board or PSU.

The workstation class systems are usually not that crappy in my experience. Thats why I use them. Of course custom and surpose built is better (did this for a living)  but leasing surplus is not a bad option nowadays.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
What's the easiest way to do the strap mod on an msi 470 gaming?

Is it with winflash, doing 1 card at a time?

Followup: my 470 cards don't like running headless and it forces the resolution to 640x800 (which makes teamviewer annoying to use, and prevent the use of atiwinflash)
Activity: 51
Anyone getting crazy 20% rejections on some of their rigs?

Its mostly on my Celerons but CPU usage is only 50% still. i3 seems fine

Yup, seems to be issues with -i 2 on some of the older cards, I've noticed issues with both incorrect data and rejected shares (different rigs)

-i 0 and 1 seem to run great
Activity: 810
Merit: 101
So i tried it on several rigs,
-i 0 is fine - the same hashrate as V2.0, but much less CPU usage
-i 1 hashrate the same or aprox. 1% more, CPU usage 5% less than in V2.0
-i 2 a lot of problems (my CPU mostly Celeron G1840)
      - some rigs - OpenCL error #101 - -61 and hashrate 0
      - other rigs - many messages GPU returned incorrect data!
      - otherwise hashrate 1-3% more, CPU usage aprox. 5% more than in V2.0

tried with R9 380, R9 270X and R9 280X GPUs
Activity: 430
Merit: 254
Hi folks,

I came into mining about 6 months ago. Had a HP 8600W Workstation, that was running 24/7 quite underutilized. So I thought why not making some extra money?!
To stay easy I went with nicehash. I soon noticed my good old trusted Nvidia Quadro was no more beefy enough for nowadays. So I ended up adding 400,-- € with 2 RX290x cards to my system. Seemed to make them pay themself in 2-3 months at that point, selling hashpower for ether. Let them run with minor tweaking and now, just a few days ago they paid themself (as long as I dont calculate power use). Great so far, profit might be coming.

Thats when I learned about Zcash and the Claymore miner. Went fast, quite easy installation and worked fine. Have been running V1, V1.1 and V2 with success, for about a day each . Made about 50% more BTC than on Ether for a Moment. Then I got greedy. Tweaked settings up to 1125/1500 with good result. Ran for hours ...

When I stopped the miner for some updates, the system fried. Got a black screen and the system blackscreens again at boot up or after login. Even with different GPUs. I'll go on figuring out tomorrow. Right now, I'd say I killed the board or the PSU or both and a "new" used Workstation might be needed. If that's the case I'll be set another 500,-- € back.

At least unpleasurable when you are already set back with a big Vets bill because of some asshole that poisened and killed your dog.  Cry

Cheers Peter

Activity: 11
Hi folks,

Cheers Peter
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 3199

legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses

Activity: 93
Merit: 10
Damn Semprons, should of got some FX instead during the Litecoin boom

I feel your pain :/
Activity: 687
Merit: 502

I can check powerdraw tomorrow
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Damn Semprons, should of got some FX instead during the Litecoin boom

Activity: 36

Activity: 687
Merit: 502
Jump to: