Author

Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux) - page 682. (Read 3839163 times)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
More and more anti viruses are flagging the latest release 2.1

(no fud here, just an honest concern)

- Windows 10 Defender recognizes miner as a virus, some antiviruses do the same. Miner is not a virus, add it to Defender exceptions.
  I write miners since 2014. Most of them are recognized as viruses by some paranoid antiviruses, perhaps because I pack my miners to protect them from disassembling, perhaps because some people include them into their botnets, or perhaps these antiviruses are not good, I don't know. For these years, a lot of people used my miners and nobody confirmed that my miner stole anything or did something bad.
  Note that I can guarantee clean binaries only for official links in my posts on this forum (bitcointalk). If you downloaded miner from some other link - it really can be a virus.
  However, my miners are closed-source so I cannot prove that they are not viruses. If you think that I write viruses instead of good miners - do not use this miner, or at least use it on systems without any valuable data.

legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017
More and more anti viruses are flagging the latest release 2.1

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/8ebffe9de3f79b278676f07f01359c4fd29bbb4d847c6edc236830db98f40b89/analysis/1478627951/

12 flags atm  (was 9 this morning..)  , when should I start worrying ?

(no fud here, just an honest concern)
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
hope Claymore puts up the anticipated 80sols per 280x today or there is no profits mining ZEC on this price Sad

Well which option was better?
- a smaller community which mining ZEC with "piece-of-shit"-miners (©Genoil) and earn 3 BTC/1 ZEC, or
- every noob, rag, tag and bobtail mining ZEC now with Claymore's and earn ~0.26 BTC/1 ZEC?

Don´t get me wrong, Claymore's miner is once more an excellent piece of software. But who (except himself) benefits now from it?
Surely, the ZEC hashrate would have risen also without his miner - but I´m sure, never such fast.

Price drop was due to stupidly high start price for a single coin.  Of course people were going to dump asap to make as much as possible.

Claymores miners increased the number of miners making sales yes but that was going to happen anyway as others were bringing out miners dont forget.  As far I know the coin has little practical use and so those who held them will now be looking at a major loss compared to what they could have made.

Once people stop mass selling the price may rise slightly but until the coin gets more practical purpose/uptaken by vendors so it has meaning I cant see it doing anything but fall right now.

Anyone holding this coin to sell higher is insane, no reason for it to be expensive.  Price will really fall when investors can sell coin.

I think I read somewhere investors paid about $15 for a coin?

With the way its dropping depending on when they are allowed to sell their investment it may even be worth that.

The price was $14.7 for the initial investors. So the ZCash price still has a lot to drop before they make a loss.

What the hell are you even talking about?

There was no ico.
Activity: 53
hope Claymore puts up the anticipated 80sols per 280x today or there is no profits mining ZEC on this price Sad

- a smaller community which mining ZEC with "piece-of-shit"-miners (©Genoil) and earn 3 BTC/1 ZEC, or
- every noob, rag, tag and bobtail mining ZEC now with Claymore's and earn ~0.26 BTC/1 ZEC?

Don´t get me wrong, Claymore's miner is once more an excellent piece of software. But who (except himself) benefits now from it?
Surely, the ZEC hashrate would have risen also without his miner - but I´m sure, never such fast.

Price drop was due to stupidly high start price for a single coin.  Of course people were going to dump asap to make as much as possible.

Claymores miners increased the number of miners making sales yes but that was going to happen anyway as others were bringing out miners dont forget.  As far I know the coin has little practical use and so those who held them will now be looking at a major loss compared to what they could have made.

Once people stop mass selling the price may rise slightly but until the coin gets more practical purpose/uptaken by vendors so it has meaning I cant see it doing anything but fall right now.

Anyone holding this coin to sell higher is insane, no reason for it to be expensive.  Price will really fall when investors can sell coin.

With the way its dropping depending on when they are allowed to sell their investment it may even be worth that.

The price was $14.7 for the initial investors. So the ZCash price still has a lot to drop before they make a loss.
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Activity: 353
Merit: 251
GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0

So write "set" before the GPU....stuff and you're good to go.  I like to use "setx" with those commands in a separate bat and not set them everytime I start mining.

I never use setx because it affects every program running later, not just miner. And you may not need them same for all miners. But for miner it is enough to set them in the current shell that runs this bat file.

The syntax of set and setx is different: for setx you do NOT need '=', but for set you do (thanks Microsoft for 'consistency'):

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
or
set GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR=0

Again, I will never spoil the global environment with setx unless I really need that. And in this particular case you hardly need it since anyway you run the miner from the bat file. So simple set is preferred.

And yes, set /? or setx /? always help Smiley
Activity: 176
Merit: 100
Gee thanks!

I ment setting it, I can copy it but where and how? In the enviromental window you must also write the path.. So does anyone understand my problem?

You need to create a bat file and put it in the same folder where the miner files are.

This is my bat file:

GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

ZecMiner64.exe -r 2 -i 0 -tt 65 -ttli 75  -tstop 80 -fanmax 75 -fanmin 40 -dbg -1 -zpool us1-

zcash.flypool.org:3333 -zwal "your payment address" -zpsw x

do you know how to create a bat file?

Thank you very much!
Yes I know.But do I overwrite the start.bat or create a new one and name it anything? Oh, and since i'm from eu, what should I write ''-zpool us1'', coz eu1 doesn't work?

This is not setting the environment variables either.  He forgot the set or setx before each of the first 5 lines.  "set" sets the environment variable for the current shell and "setx" sets it permanently for any shell, but you'll need to run it again if you use setx because it does not set it for the current shell.  So write "set" before the GPU....stuff and you're good to go.  I like to use "setx" with those commands in a separate bat and not set them everytime I start mining.
Activity: 798
i think zcash its price stabilizes slightly below ETH.

and in any case not worth that much, because the coins are few and the difficulty is too high
Activity: 13
The issue of ZCash miner for CPU was dropped by itself, as the price of mining fell below the price of mining XMR on CPU...  Undecided
Activity: 635
Merit: 500
Gee thanks!

I ment setting it, I can copy it but where and how? In the enviromental window you must also write the path.. So does anyone understand my problem?

You need to create a bat file and put it in the same folder where the miner files are.

This is my bat file:

GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

ZecMiner64.exe -r 2 -i 0 -tt 65 -ttli 75  -tstop 80 -fanmax 75 -fanmin 40 -dbg -1 -zpool us1-

Thank you very much!
Yes I know.But do I overwrite the start.bat or create a new one and name it anything? Oh, and since i'm from eu, what should I write ''-zpool us1'', coz eu1 doesn't work?
GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

ZecMiner64.exe -zpool eu1-zcash.flypool.org:3333 -zwal "your payment address" -zpsw x

the other command line options in his .bat were for restart, temp controls/fan settings, and enabling debug, none of which might be of interest to you. In fact the -i 0 option does nothing as it is the default anyway.

Activity: 353
Merit: 251
How low can it go???

Those called us idiots when we predicted that. And told "how much Sols can we squeeze from this card" ignoring the fact that in

Agreed. When running a miner required some homework and people thought before dump, the price was high. Now every idiot (and that is not me as someone wrote in this thread earlier) mines and dumps it brainless, and price is falling. Yes, they squeeze more and more sols from old cards and still think that their profit will rise. They do not understand that profits rise only if some people have better miners, not all. And in the latter case we have more and more Sols/s, more and more cards, more and more power (compare 1.x and 2.x) but less and less profit. WooHoo!
Activity: 410
Merit: 250

Activity: 22
Gee thanks!

This is my bat file:

GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

Thank you very much!
Activity: 346

Activity: 410

Activity: 254
Merit: 100
Hello everyone,
See a lot off rx 480 8gb specifics with more than 50 sols/s and rx 470 rigs 4gb with 45 sols/s, anyone have some ideas for my rx 480 4gb rig? I have playing with the cores but only getting max 38 sols/s  in good houres i get 39 sols/s out each card with claymore 2.0 i'm using windows 8.1 with crapy celeron and using 16.2 crimson wattsman
I also haved used claymore 2.1 on the -i 2 but thats more less getting 37 sols/s -i 1 and -i 0 is the same.. or are the rx 480 4gb just alot slower then all the other cards?

my MSI RX 480 4GB (modded bios) does the same as my ASUS RX 470 4GB (modded bios) .
each roughly 40 H/s

Price decline has nothing with Claymores miner but the stupid high pump at the beginning.  Claymores miners does not increase supply of zcrash.
Activity: 51
Hello everyone,
See a lot off rx 480 8gb specifics with more than 50 sols/s and rx 470 rigs 4gb with 45 sols/s, anyone have some ideas for my rx 480 4gb rig? I have playing with the cores but only getting max 38 sols/s  in good houres i get 39 sols/s out each card with claymore 2.0 i'm using windows 8.1 with crapy celeron and using 16.2 crimson wattsman
I also haved used claymore 2.1 on the -i 2 but thats more less getting 37 sols/s -i 1 and -i 0 is the same.. or are the rx 480 4gb just alot slower then all the other cards?
You'll only be able to reach those speed if you modify your rx 4x0 biosses to tighten dram timings. You can't do it with software settings only

I see, i'm just on the way home with some extra 480 cards i will see in an houre @ my bios settings whats going on there with my setting i do not think they are modified
Thanks for your fast reply!
Activity: 1008

Well the price would have sank like a rock with claymores miner or without it, the block reward was increasing regardless.

What did happen was the difficulty shot up.
Great Claymore,

are you going to release miner for ZCASH CLASSIC?

Its the same miner you use for Classic.  No difference, mine just like regular zcash.
Jump to: