Pages:
Author

Topic: closed - page 54. (Read 164739 times)

Activity: 360
Merit: 250
April 07, 2013, 10:52:43 AM
Thanks for fixing it so fast.

I've found a little displaying problem.
I use German as the language in the vircurex settings.
Before the reopening the numbers were displayed in the German number format with a comma instead of the point (1,5 for one and a half).
Now the numbers are displayed in some sections of the website in the German format in others in the English format with German settings.
E.g. the "Your balances" section is showing commas and the "BTC - Bitcoin" is sowing points.

Keep up the good work!

Activity: 905
Merit: 1001
April 07, 2013, 10:45:06 AM
GREAT Smiley
when will you open the API again so that the charts at cryptocoincharts.info gets an update?
maybe you can open only the orderbook/trades API??
Activity: 264
April 07, 2013, 10:37:02 AM
Thanks for the quick fix. Great work
Activity: 525
Merit: 500
April 07, 2013, 09:49:01 AM
Site open for trading again.

April 06, 2013, 12:18:03 PM
We will reopen the trading platform on Sunday around 14:00 GMT. We have made substantial coding changes in the past day and need some more time to test it.
April 06, 2013, 09:49:10 AM
Heads up on some changes coming:

Permanent decisions:
- Discontinuation of stop order functionality
- Solidcoin trading will not be resumed. We will close down Solidcoin support by latest 14th of April. Please withdraw your coins.
- Ixcoin trading will not be resumed. We will close down Ixcoin support by latest 14th of April. Please withdraw your coins.

Temporary restrictions:
- Trading fee reduced to 0.1% until end of April.
- API calls have been disabled for the time being.
- Charts currently only show the last 100 trades. We will reactivate the older hisotry charts after the hardware upgrade is completed.
April 06, 2013, 03:12:05 AM
We do not have a Twitter account.
April 05, 2013, 08:25:28 PM
I'll be locking his thread so make it easier for everyone to follow the current status.

Short wrap up where we are:
 - Service is not available
 - All the coins are save
 - We have ordered new (larger) hardware to migrate our platform to
 - We have currently no ETA for the new equipment, best estimate is Monday
 - We will ofcourse clear the orderbook when reopening the exchange

legendary
Activity: 1030
Merit: 1000
April 05, 2013, 07:39:18 PM
First of all, there should be no such issue as "weekend delay"

You should never work with such a hosting company. Millions worth of transactions are involved in this. This isn't a joke that you choose the cheapest and slowest host which can't put together a new server on the weekend. What a shame! and what's even worse is you think this is no big deal. You don't even clarify the issues on here or elsewhere! Shame!

I wonder what happened to the entrepreneurs of the world? Why isn't there any sound competition to vircurex? Even bitparking is closing down
Activity: 448
April 05, 2013, 07:22:07 PM
Still haven't heard anything about the wallets... Kumala, you may think you've confirmed they're safe by simply not saying anything about them, but PLEASE just say something like "Lol calm down guys, the wallets r safe." You haven't said ANYTHING about the wallets yet.....................

Also, I don't know how easy your datacenter provider is to work with, but maybe they'll let you boot up the server again but only allowing functionality for users to log on to 5-10 minutes at a time and withdraw coins from wallets if they need to? It would be nice to get some of my LTC out of there so I can actually do something with it in the next 3 days...

Anywho, aside from not saying a damn thing about the wallets (come on now, really gonna leave us hanging like that?) it seems that you've handled this smoothly and to the best of your abilities, so this will likely not affect my continued use of vircurex :-P

Just... it pains me that nearly all of the major exchanges did not anticipate the ridiculous amounts of volume, and it's only going to get worse unless they start packing on the hardware and bandwidth to account for these spikes. Heck, I know nothing about webservers but I could have told y'alls a month ago that you're going to get hit HARD.
Activity: 496
Spanish Bitcoin trader
April 05, 2013, 07:07:53 PM
THE TWEETS ARE FAKE. NO WORD ON WALLETS

Kumala can you verify if that twitter account is real or not?

Not real.

We got word from the service provider, looks like the sudden spike in the past 2 days has blown the gasket, the server hosting provider is asking us to scale the app, i.e. move it to new bigger physical servers.  

Be prepared for a longer downtime this weekend.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011
Reverse engineer from time to time
April 05, 2013, 07:06:09 PM
Vircurex is working right now to fix the current problem guys: https://twitter.com/Vircurex/status/320220248513064961

I just saw the tweets. thanks for the updates.

At the start of page 7, Kumala, who everyone here assumes is the voice of Vircurex, said that twitter account is a fake. Some of his tweets copied what Kumala has said in this thread, and some, like the "wallets are safe", are exclusive to the twitter account.

Kumala, in this thread, has yet to report on wallet state.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1002
April 05, 2013, 06:59:53 PM
Vircurex is working right now to fix the current problem guys: https://twitter.com/Vircurex/status/320220248513064961

I just saw the tweets. thanks for the updates.
Activity: 496
Spanish Bitcoin trader
April 05, 2013, 06:58:16 PM
At the start of page 7, Kumala, who everyone here assumes is the voice of Vircurex, said that twitter account is a fake. Some of his tweets copied what Kumala has said in this thread, and some, like the "wallets are safe", are exclusive to the twitter account.

Kumala, in this thread, has yet to report on wallet state.
legendary
Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033
Nothing like healthy scepticism and hard evidence
April 05, 2013, 06:52:13 PM
Thanks for the link.
Activity: 574
April 05, 2013, 06:39:30 PM
They should at least make a clear statement that there was no hacking and that all the money is safe. There are lots of rumors spreading about that.

+100 I think we are all fine with taking the weekend off, but please let us know the money is safe.

perhaps not even they know

Wallets and funds are safe and secure.

https://twitter.com/Vircurex
Activity: 756
April 05, 2013, 06:36:11 PM
They should at least make a clear statement that there was no hacking and that all the money is safe. There are lots of rumors spreading about that.

+100 I think we are all fine with taking the weekend off, but please let us know the money is safe.

perhaps not even they know
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
April 05, 2013, 06:31:31 PM

legendary
Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033
Nothing like healthy scepticism and hard evidence
April 05, 2013, 05:54:25 PM
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1031
April 05, 2013, 05:25:03 PM
What were the TRC & PPC price before the site went down?

Still visible here:
http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/

super reliable

says the high for terracoin was 1985.00000000 BTC

Apparently there was a small sale at that rate last night.  The chart on Vircurex went straight up at that point.  Somebody possibly typoed and bought the entire ask wall.

i seriously doubt they bought the whole ask wall at 1985btc per terracoin! more like .01 for 19.85 BTC. at least thats the best case scenario for that guy.

if thats the MIN buy. could be a lot less if he just put that price to buy up all and it reached a tiny bit into that final large ask. ridiculous

probably an accident. like thought it was 1985 TRC for 1 BTC

There are glitches from time to time... most likely just a display issue...
Pages:
Jump to: