Pages:
Author

Topic: closed - page 37. (Read 126737 times)

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1000
August 05, 2014, 07:51:49 PM
Great news everyone, GPC now has a mac wallet! Check out the OP!
Cool, you are doing fantastic job buddy, keep it up. Waiting for whitepaper to read big plans  Cheesy
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
August 05, 2014, 06:29:28 PM
All I can say is, the dev is very active with the community despite his work hours. I was on C-Cex most of my day yesterday and Bosman was there answering questions and providing small updates throughout. Seems like a very friendly guy. This isn't another 3 day PoW pump and dump and gone coin. Give the dev time to develop features into this coin and see where it goes from there Smiley I am fairly confident the direction will be up Smiley

+1
legendary
Activity: 1522
Merit: 1000
www.bitkong.com
August 05, 2014, 06:11:10 PM
All I can say is, the dev is very active with the community despite his work hours. I was on C-Cex most of my day yesterday and Bosman was there answering questions and providing small updates throughout. Seems like a very friendly guy. This isn't another 3 day PoW pump and dump and gone coin. Give the dev time to develop features into this coin and see where it goes from there Smiley I am fairly confident the direction will be up Smiley
August 05, 2014, 05:46:44 PM

As far as the "ICO" wallet address is concerned, why? Throughout the whole sale I was very transparent about WHAT the funds were earmarked for... me! I (and many of you who have been involved in this coin can vouch) have never said that the BTC raised was for "development" purposes. I always, transparently and honestly stated that the BTC was my reward for powering a successful launch of a well distributed PoS coin. This takes work.

Bosman

One thing you may wish to clarify, especially for those new to the coin, is that we aren't talking about typical ICO numbers in the dozens of btc. The ICO was set up as a donation, and really small amounts (.01-.05) for the majority of the signups... guessing you may have taken in a couple of btc total, at best. I think most would say that is perfectly fine for a dev to take for himself. It's only a worry when a dev takes 20+ btc and doesn't spend any on the coin itself. I do hope that if there are minor expenses required for coin related things, that would you consider using some of your funds, but that would be more for down the road and of course up to you.

Thanks for highlighting this  Wink
Activity: 1204
Merit: 509
August 05, 2014, 05:29:54 PM

As far as the "ICO" wallet address is concerned, why? Throughout the whole sale I was very transparent about WHAT the funds were earmarked for... me! I (and many of you who have been involved in this coin can vouch) have never said that the BTC raised was for "development" purposes. I always, transparently and honestly stated that the BTC was my reward for powering a successful launch of a well distributed PoS coin. This takes work.

Bosman

One thing you may wish to clarify, especially for those new to the coin, is that we aren't talking about typical ICO numbers in the dozens of btc. The ICO was set up as a donation, and really small amounts (.01-.05) for the majority of the signups... guessing you may have taken in a couple of btc total, at best. I think most would say that is perfectly fine for a dev to take for himself. It's only a worry when a dev takes 20+ btc and doesn't spend any on the coin itself. I do hope that if there are minor expenses required for coin related things, that would you consider using some of your funds, but that would be more for down the road and of course up to you.
Activity: 120
August 05, 2014, 05:10:27 PM
My advice to those who got coins through ICO/ Donations/ Distribution, that now feel compelled to sell is this:
Don't sell more than 10%* of your holding.

That should be plenty to give you a small profit on your initial investment. It also allows new people to buy in at an extremely low price... the more the merrier.

Selling all your GROUPCoin? If I'm wrong, congratulations you win (small time). But if I'm right, you lose (BIG time).

As always... the decision is yours.

*If you have bailiffs at your door, you'll be forgiven for selling 20%

This is what I've done...sell a little bit ( I think around 15%) in order for me to participate in next  investment.. Smiley
We are here as an investor and we have to gauge what is going on in the market..

Hold On to it..
August 05, 2014, 04:16:12 PM
I got the coin added on coingorilla guys : http://www.coingorilla.com/servicedetails.aspx?sid=2406

Please take the time to suscribe and rate if you want to help. Only takes a minute or two of your time.

Grin
Activity: 258
Merit: 250
August 05, 2014, 04:09:35 PM
I had a conversation with poloniex, they were trying to get the jump on bittrex in adding gpc
Activity: 259
August 05, 2014, 03:54:39 PM

For me it was pretty quickly. UPM was doing nice as well and got even much volume. XCN the right looks unusual with their mini blockchain concept and it may be a point for nice demand on polo since this is cryptonight cavern. I am curios how much tweets has been collected within 2 hours...

i asked dev to post IPO fund address in cex room. he ignored. If coins are free they could be dumped at any price.

Well, you'd have to ask the exchanges as to what criteria they use. I've seen coins with no volume at all or coins that looked way more iffy than GPC get immediately listed.

As for coins that are free being dumped at any price ... yep. It's also possible that mined coins could get dumped at any price too. Any coin can be dumped. Usually with free coins we see initial dumping then gradual growth.

As for the ipo address, you should realize this wasn't exactly a traditional ipo. It was set up as a giveaway and very small donations ... it may be a couple of btc total that the dev got, tops. I wouldn't worry about that sort of amount, as I expect it to simply go towards the time he spent + new things for the coin.

Don't take this the wrong way, but it sounds like you are trying to look for a problem where there really isn't one.

+1... coin with strong interest (pre-launch) gets listed on exchange 'quickly' & that's somehow an issue that needs addressing? Smh.
legendary
Activity: 1421
Merit: 1001
August 05, 2014, 03:53:57 PM
Personally I have make a request for poloniex (https://poloniex.com/coinRequest) to add GPC yesterday and probably many of the other people also made it. Busoni of poloniex study all possibility of the coin before add it on poloniex!
Maybe he see the great potential of this coin! And add it directly!

For me nothing suspicious!
And on poloniex busoni advertise people if they pay user for her vote, coin is delisted of voting list, and for this reason i think he don't accept payment for list a coin. Maybe i'm wrong!
On poloniex you can't buy vote like mintpal! And you can vote only one time by coin

It's just my opinion

August 05, 2014, 03:46:53 PM

For me it was pretty quickly. UPM was doing nice as well and got even much volume. XCN the right looks unusual with their mini blockchain concept and it may be a point for nice demand on polo since this is cryptonight cavern. I am curios how much tweets has been collected within 2 hours...

i asked dev to post IPO fund address in cex room. he ignored. If coins are free they could be dumped at any price.

Well, you'd have to ask the exchanges as to what criteria they use. I've seen coins with no volume at all or coins that looked way more iffy than GPC get immediately listed.

As for coins that are free being dumped at any price ... yep. It's also possible that mined coins could get dumped at any price too. Any coin can be dumped. Usually with free coins we see initial dumping then gradual growth.

As for the ipo address, you should realize this wasn't exactly a traditional ipo. It was set up as a giveaway and very small donations ... it may be a couple of btc total that the dev got, tops. I wouldn't worry about that sort of amount, as I expect it to simply go towards the time he spent + new things for the coin.

Don't take this the wrong way, but it sounds like you are trying to look for a problem where there really isn't one.
hrt
Activity: 288
August 05, 2014, 03:34:41 PM
how much did u paid to polo? coin that has been distributed figuratively saying ''for free'' got to the major exchange in hour after cex. This coin didn't even take the expanses to be mined. FREE COINS.

Just bumping. Is anyone able to set forth the above? My concern is why coin which is not really distinguishes itself among others on the background, got listed on two major exchanges in two hours? Wasn't this an attempt to push forward an elaboration on paid basis? Contribute something useful, just want have this enquiry resorted? Please don't FUD or question how high i sold as this is not the matter that does rely to my concern. Just answer what differs the common coin among others to get listed quite faster.

I can't speak for the dev or exchanges, but it's not uncommon for new coins to get listed on bittrex and/or polo rather quickly. I assume they used the number of tweets + the fact that the coin was getting really good volume on c-cex. It wasn't like they took it immediately or out of the blue. C-cex listed it first and it was doing really well there ... they probably saw that they could get some money from the fees, and polo grabbed it first. Then bittrex followed, figuring why let polo take all the money.

Although Bittrex may be considered a 'major' exchange now due to its volume, in reality they pretty much grab any new coin they can. They are hardly particular, and most of the time it seems they never see a new coin they don't like.

MintPal + Cryptsy are the ones that are more picky, but even there, they seem less picky that they used to be (Conceal coin being an example w/ cryptsy).

how much did u paid to polo? coin that has been distributed figuratively saying ''for free'' got to the major exchange in hour after cex. This coin didn't even take the expanses to be mined. FREE COINS.

Just bumping. Is anyone able to set forth the above? My concern is why coin which is not really distinguishes itself among others on the background, got listed on two major exchanges in two hours? Wasn't this an attempt to push forward an elaboration on paid basis? Contribute something useful. Just want to have this enquiry resorted. Please don't FUD or question how high i sold as this is not the matter that does rely to my concern. Just answer what differs the common coin among others to get listed quite faster.

Have you tried asking on the threads of the exchanges in question??

Or you could PM the Dev (if you really suspect he had to pay the exchanges to get this coin listed).  Huh

Not sure how you expect anyone else to do or say on the matter  Huh

(Taking the liberty of toning down your question accordingly...)
August 05, 2014, 03:26:29 PM

Just bumping. Is anyone able to set forth the above? My concern is why coin which is not really distinguishes itself among others on the background, got listed on two major exchanges in two hours? Wasn't this an attempt to push forward an elaboration on paid basis? Contribute something useful. Just want to have this enquiry resorted. Please don't FUD or question how high i sold as this is not the matter that does rely to my concern. Just answer what differs the common coin among others to get listed quite faster.

Have you tried asking on the threads of the exchanges in question??

Or you could PM the Dev (if you really suspect he had to pay the exchanges to get this coin listed).  Huh

Not sure how you expect anyone else to do or say on the matter  Huh

(Taking the liberty of toning down your question accordingly...)
Activity: 252
August 05, 2014, 03:25:44 PM
Get my coins thx dev.
Greate coin!
Hold now.

Glad everything was resolved, Ivan. Dev has done a superb job responding to everyone's private message. Can't wait til this weekend!
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1169
August 05, 2014, 03:16:26 PM
Get my coins thx dev.
Greate coin!
Hold now.
August 05, 2014, 03:02:33 PM

Just bumping. Is anyone able to set forth the above? My concern is why coin which is not really distinguishes itself among others on the background, got listed on two major exchanges in two hours? Wasn't this an attempt to push forward an elaboration on paid basis? Contribute something useful, just want have this enquiry resorted? Please don't FUD or question how high i sold as this is not the matter that does rely to my concern. Just answer what differs the common coin among others to get listed quite faster.

I can't speak for the dev or exchanges, but it's not uncommon for new coins to get listed on bittrex and/or polo rather quickly. I assume they used the number of tweets + the fact that the coin was getting really good volume on c-cex. It wasn't like they took it immediately or out of the blue. C-cex listed it first and it was doing really well there ... they probably saw that they could get some money from the fees, and polo grabbed it first. Then bittrex followed, figuring why let polo take all the money.

Although Bittrex may be considered a 'major' exchange now due to its volume, in reality they pretty much grab any new coin they can. They are hardly particular, and most of the time it seems they never see a new coin they don't like.

MintPal + Cryptsy are the ones that are more picky, but even there, they seem less picky that they used to be (Conceal coin being an example w/ cryptsy).
hrt
Activity: 288
August 05, 2014, 02:57:57 PM

August 05, 2014, 02:16:34 PM
I generally assume many of those who paid something in the ICO will only sell a portion of coins to cover costs + maybe some profit. For freebie people... who knows... they should just hold, as the profit for the smaller amount of coins they have is somewhat minimal. I mean, why bother for like a .04 profit ... might as well wait and see if it can turn into something. Then again, freebie people always dump for whatever they can get, at least for a short while.

As for future stuff, I believe the dev said he was going to provide a whitepaper soonish, and then depending on the funds available, I expect we can start discussing new things to add to the coin.

In the meanwhile, getting the coin listed in some other places is always good. I suggest the dev contact coinpayments, and see about getting listed there.

Bter has voting (or at least I assume they still do), so it may not be a bad idea to get listed on their voting list. Getting on one of the Chinese exchanges is always a good idea, if possible.
August 05, 2014, 02:03:43 PM
My advice to those who got coins through ICO/ Donations/ Distribution, that now feel compelled to sell is this:
Don't sell more than 10%* of your holding.

That should be plenty to give you a small profit on your initial investment. It also allows new people to buy in at an extremely low price... the more the merrier.

Selling all your GROUPCoin? If I'm wrong, congratulations you win (small time). But if I'm right, you lose (BIG time).

As always... the decision is yours.

*If you have bailiffs at your door, you'll be forgiven for selling 20%
August 05, 2014, 01:42:29 PM
Coin will go sideways for a little while and pump hard this week end you will see.
Pages:
Jump to: