Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] CoinLenders - page 30. (Read 226433 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 504
always the student, never the master.
June 14, 2013, 05:16:46 AM
I found an error in your calculations. I tryed out the 30-day CD, announced with 25.5% APR. After it mature i only got around 22.92% APR. PM me for further information.

BGTD
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
June 14, 2013, 05:14:50 AM
I found an error in your calculations. I tryed out the 30-day CD, announced with 25.5% APR. After it mature i only got around 22.92% APR. PM me for further information.
Activity: 375
Merit: 250
June 13, 2013, 10:48:06 PM
if you don't like TF's business practices you can either not use this service, compete with something better, or complain about... which one do you think those people who do like this service would prefer that you do?
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Casper - A failed entrepenuer who looks like Zhou
June 13, 2013, 10:11:39 PM
i guessi see ur point. Keeping the competitiveness of our interest rate here for being a lender. Havent think of that.
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
June 13, 2013, 10:09:29 PM
It's not as simple as it looks.

For example: other lenders may contact the borrowers and compete with me.

Borrowers may demand lower rates if they see what I'm offering to others.

Without those information, the disclosure is pretty much useless.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Casper - A failed entrepenuer who looks like Zhou
June 13, 2013, 10:02:53 PM
Would it be possible for CL to begin providing some disclosure?

Obviously we don't need the P&L, but some basic B/S stuff would be great. Something like

Current Assets (loans to be paid back in under 3 months)

XXXXX

Long Term Assets (loans to be paid back in excess of 3 months)

YYYYYYY

Current Liabilities (all non-CD deposits and CDs with expiry < 90 days)

ZZZZZZZ

Long Term Liabilities (all CDs expiring in > 90 days)

WWWWW

And then some relevant metrics (i.e. weighted age of loans, delinquency rate, weighted age of CDs, etc). Note: I am not asking, nor should you provide, P&L information such as what your spreads are. Just strictly information that allows people to assess the liquidity of the "bank".

+1
+2
vip
👻
June 13, 2013, 06:03:56 PM
How long has deprived fund being going for?

Also, plenty of people know who I am. I'm not posting it publicly because been associated with Bitcoin may not be a good thing in the future.
LvM
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
June 13, 2013, 05:49:25 PM
TradeFortress, I know you've said in this thread that you have no desire to make your identity known.

Would it interest you at all to provide your identity to John K, to his satisfaction, for our depositors peace of mind? You may well find that with this your deposits would grow substantially? I'm certainly a little bit nervy of putting in any more than I already have. There really is literally nothing to stop you running off with it right now.

And lets be honest, please do tell what knowing his name will honestly do?
He skips country with a million bucks. what's his name going to do?
It creates a new hurdle though.
I think it would be great, if TF would confirm the identy to John K and it would certainly help his business.
You do realize the identities of the largest bitcoin scams were know, right? It would make sense for me to disclose and brag about it in order to build up confidence that is pretty much just thin air.

If you're worried, review the history of my investment fund, my lending history here, threads like this, or talk to me on IRC when I'm online (same nick), or message admin on coinchat.

A person not disclosing its legal identity to its customers is'nt trustworthy at all !!

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 2066
June 13, 2013, 05:05:37 PM
I'd also welcome a little bit more transparency. Just a little bit.
Activity: 330
June 13, 2013, 02:09:58 PM

Obviously we don't need the P&L, but some basic B/S stuff would be great. Something like

XXXXX

YYYYYYY

ZZZZZZZ

WWWWW

And then some relevant metrics (i.e. weighted age of loans, delinquency rate, weighted age of CDs, etc). Note: I am not asking, nor should you provide, P&L information such as what your spreads are. Just strictly information that allows people to assess the liquidity of the "bank".

+1
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
June 13, 2013, 01:32:57 PM

XXXXX

YYYYYYY

ZZZZZZZ

WWWWW

vip
👻
June 13, 2013, 12:39:37 PM
Bitcoin Smiley
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
June 12, 2013, 09:40:40 PM
And its beautiful, where else do you get ~25% on a checking account Cheesy

Thanks for this great service Smiley
Activity: 389
June 12, 2013, 02:19:25 PM
I will most likely be depositing some of my Bitcoins soon. It seems this is less risk than to just loan out, maybe not as profitable in the end. But, if I have no risk to lose Bitcoins I guess that over weights the profit margin.
That's pretty much the niche Coinlenders operates in. TF assumes greater risk and leverages other people's loaned BTC to increase his own profits, and then shares a portion with depositors.
Activity: 336
Love & Sound Emotroniks
June 12, 2013, 10:06:22 AM
OK, understood and successfully executed.

Perfect!

This is my new funding address to coinlenders, 15gm3FDAMcdGfVhTQ9NAUpEBXAVjd6YGjh

Just in case somebody wants to fund my projects,  lol
Activity: 672
Merit: 501
June 12, 2013, 09:36:31 AM
how to earn interest?
just deposit and wait?
Yup.
Activity: 569
Merit: 500
June 12, 2013, 09:36:01 AM
how to earn interest?
just deposit and wait?
staff
Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111
June 12, 2013, 09:12:08 AM
I will most likely be depositing some of my Bitcoins soon. It seems this is less risk than to just loan out, maybe not as profitable in the end. But, if I have no risk to lose Bitcoins I guess that over weights the profit margin.
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
June 12, 2013, 09:08:39 AM
I've got 2,500 LTC I'd like to loan but it looks this website only does bitcoin? That's unfortunate maybe I can find a similar service.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002
June 11, 2013, 05:16:21 AM
Tradefortress, I just wanted to say thank you for doing a great job running Coinlenders and BTCInvest.

I just hope it will always stay profitable enough for you to keep the temptation at bay to make a run for it Wink

I know someone will open a Bitcoin Bank in N.Zealand and Malaysia.
Will be nice to see more companies giving out loans in BTC.
Pages:
Jump to: