Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] CoinLenders - page 33. (Read 226433 times)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
June 06, 2013, 10:29:13 AM
definitely.

And honestly... Banks in the real world are far more cheapskates when coming to interest on account balance.
if you find one that gives you 25% yearly on savings.... and accepts deposits from around the world, from normal persons, and not from tax-paradise based companies, please give the contact  Smiley

for the time being, coinlenders is the best choice in my opinion, for keeping a large part

and keeping btc offline... well, is kind of hiding them under the mattress  xD! (though I recognize that having a bit available in a machine/hdd that would be seldomly used... like some sort of a physical safe... unless the drive sounds TAC,TAC TAC!, is pretty safe as a storage  Smiley
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
June 06, 2013, 05:15:04 AM
Profit always means risk!

An essential solution is keeping part of your coins offline and part in different investments, so you never lose all your coins.

Yeah. Investing in bitcoins is not different from investing anywhere else. There are always risks, and currently CoinLenders has more fully secured loans lent out (BTC wise) than unsecured ones. It just comes done to trust - if I will run away with your coins or not, and why would I do that and ruin everything I've built in the bitcoin world when I'm making a nice spread? Smiley

Especially since I won't really get much if I choose to run, borrowers can simply not repay their loans.
Activity: 242
Merit: 110
June 05, 2013, 05:42:00 PM
Noted. Thanks guys
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
R.I.P Silk Road 1.0
June 05, 2013, 12:53:53 PM
So you have opened and withdrawn from cd's with no issue?

I am always hearing about how you must keep your coins stored offline and backed up etc for safety. How safe is it to leave your money with coinlenders?

It is less safe than offline, but it generates profit. Profit always means risk!

An essential solution is keeping part of your coins offline and part in different investments, so you never lose all your coins.

+1
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
June 05, 2013, 12:42:58 PM

I am always hearing about how you must keep your coins stored offline and backed up etc for safety. How safe is it to leave your money with coinlenders?

It is less safe than offline, but it generates profit. Profit always means risk!

June 05, 2013, 10:14:08 AM

Activity: 17
June 05, 2013, 09:49:17 AM
only make sure to take the CD between 0:00  and 1:00  UTC, so you don't lose a bit of the proportional daily interest  (unless TradeFortress has changed that).

And having above 1 BTC sitting in there, is good.

Even if in long term is easier take only CDs, and renew them as soon as possible to earn as much possible compound interest as possible... having a BTC or 2 sitting in there, earning daily mili-bitcoins, is really nice as well  Smiley
June 05, 2013, 09:40:45 AM
I'm thinking about depositing some BTC into there wallets and possibly a CD. Has anyone used coinlenders to store btc and gain intrest, any problems?
vip
👻
June 05, 2013, 02:43:02 AM
FYI, if you have collateral, offer it. That can be the difference between a loan getting approved or not, and what rates.
vip
👻
June 04, 2013, 01:47:56 AM
I was wondering, if I ever need a loan, will my history of deposits (positively) affect my rating? For example if I had 10 BTC deposited a month before (and didn't lose it all gambling), will I get a better rate on a 10 BTC loan then?

Most likely Smiley
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Mining hardware assembler and administrator.
June 04, 2013, 12:32:25 AM
"This webpage has a redirect loop" that's what I'm getting.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035
June 03, 2013, 01:00:53 PM
I just signed up and deposited some coins to experiment with the site. I like the simplicity and the concept. I just dislike these undecipherable recaptchas at login (had to try again like 10 times) but that is just a side note...

I was wondering, if I ever need a loan, will my history of deposits (positively) affect my rating? For example if I had 10 BTC deposited a month before (and didn't lose it all gambling), will I get a better rate on a 10 BTC loan then?
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002
June 03, 2013, 10:23:41 AM
Deposits are credited when they reach 0.01 BTC.

I've been telling a few friends about your site.
How about starting an Affiliate Program?

We already offer one of the most competitive interest rates, I don't want to reduce that to introduce an affiliate program Smiley

your point taken. thanks for the great site.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
R.I.P Silk Road 1.0
June 03, 2013, 10:15:41 AM
It just sits there.

Well.. that's sad :/
Anyway, thanks for the reply,

appreciate it Smiley

I was just about to deposit some Bitcoins there for no apparent reason.

LOL! I thought you were about to say that you had your coin sitting there thinking you were earning interest.
Activity: 28
June 03, 2013, 09:58:30 AM
i have funded more than 100 BTC.

but i do not dare to fund more...

can you do something to convince me to fund more? for example, to make the business more transparent, provide report, etc.
Activity: 322
Sound Engineer for Hire
June 03, 2013, 04:23:52 AM
It just sits there.

Well.. that's sad :/
Anyway, thanks for the reply,

appreciate it Smiley

I was just about to deposit some Bitcoins there for no apparent reason.
vip
👻
June 03, 2013, 04:17:03 AM
It just sits there.
Activity: 322
Sound Engineer for Hire
June 03, 2013, 04:08:02 AM
If I deposit funds.. below 1 BTC

say about 0.5 BTC

What happens to that 0.5 BTC if it does not earn interest
since the minimum for the interest is 1 BTC?
vip
👻
June 02, 2013, 08:34:37 PM
It does offer additional security if you do not log out. Definitely make sure to click on "Log Out" if you are accessing from a public computer.

In all honestly, the chance of someone in a public library or internet cafe and thinking "I wonder if someone has left their coinlenders logged in" is pretty slim.
Activity: 131
Merit: 100
old user name chris3spice
June 02, 2013, 08:25:26 PM
Anyone interested in an auto logout feature?

blockchain.info will sign you out if you close the window or refresh the page.

does that offer additional security that coinlenders should also have?

It would be a good idea if anyone is going to access it from a computer that could have other people on it.
Pages:
Jump to: