Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] CoinLenders - page 34. (Read 226443 times)

Activity: 375
Merit: 250
June 02, 2013, 05:16:41 PM
Anyone interested in an auto logout feature?

blockchain.info will sign you out if you close the window or refresh the page.

does that offer additional security that coinlenders should also have?
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
June 02, 2013, 04:21:08 AM
You pretty much get a guaranteed loan approval if you offer collateral. Anything that has a relatively stable value and can be easily transferred & liquidated can be used, such as shares in bitcoin companies, other cyptocurrencies, etc.
Activity: 434
June 02, 2013, 04:17:48 AM
what about colatteral ?
Activity: 389
June 02, 2013, 02:20:38 AM
Does the CoinLender's backend support mining to the deposit addresses (As in P2Pool or Elingus)? And would it be acceptable to use the same address continually instead of updating it as with normal deposits (keys rotating on each deposit, which is normally very nice).

Also, what are the minimum deposit rules (I know you mentioned a dislike for dust for good reason) assuming the account balance is still sufficient (>1 BTC)?

Just being curious, why would you generate a new address for every deposit? Instead of just 1 per account?
I use getaccountaddress, which "returns a new address whenever the old address has a non-zero balance. This is intentional" (for anonymity purposes).

Old addresses will still work, just like Mt Gox Smiley

You can deposit as little as you want, but grains of deposits would burden Coinlender and force to make the withdrwal fee higher for you i guess
Ahh, my diligence in rereading the thread was lacking then, my apologies. I'm assuming then that at some level there's a fairly stock bitcoind program that would take mined inputs just fine. Thanks.
vip
👻
June 02, 2013, 01:43:00 AM
Deposits are credited when they reach 0.01 BTC.

I've been telling a few friends about your site.
How about starting an Affiliate Program?

We already offer one of the most competitive interest rates, I don't want to reduce that to introduce an affiliate program Smiley
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Casper - A failed entrepenuer who looks like Zhou
June 02, 2013, 01:21:26 AM
Does the CoinLender's backend support mining to the deposit addresses (As in P2Pool or Elingus)? And would it be acceptable to use the same address continually instead of updating it as with normal deposits (keys rotating on each deposit, which is normally very nice).

Also, what are the minimum deposit rules (I know you mentioned a dislike for dust for good reason) assuming the account balance is still sufficient (>1 BTC)?

Just being curious, why would you generate a new address for every deposit? Instead of just 1 per account?
I use getaccountaddress, which "returns a new address whenever the old address has a non-zero balance. This is intentional" (for anonymity purposes).

Old addresses will still work, just like Mt Gox Smiley

You can deposit as little as you want, but grains of deposits would burden Coinlender and force to make the withdrwal fee higher for you i guess
Activity: 389
June 01, 2013, 03:26:29 PM

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1002
June 01, 2013, 02:48:17 PM
I've been telling a few friends about your site.
How about starting an Affiliate Program?
legendary
June 01, 2013, 02:46:17 PM
The login page has also being updated, registering and logging in are on separate pages (this was a common complaint for certain password managers).

Great work. Saw it working now.
legendary
June 01, 2013, 02:44:23 PM
Yes. I'll upgrade bitcoind, and then pass on the lowered withdraw fees.

+1 great!
Activity: 211
Merit: 100
You are not special.
June 01, 2013, 02:40:09 PM
Hi,

Try this (save it locally, it's open source): http://gauth.apps.gbraad.nl/

Or try this and put it on your USB stick: https://github.com/mclamp/JAuth

The login page has also being updated, registering and logging in are on separate pages (this was a common complaint for certain password managers).
Thanks. I've put some coins in my wallet and feel it is nice and secure. The interest rate seems pretty good. I'm not sure how viable it is and wonder how many people are taking out loans and how much you're making from it but you seem like a trust worthy person so hopefully it pays off. Saves it sitting around doing nothing too. Might put some more in if it all goes well.

Thanks for that useful app too. I've updated some other sites with 2FA now.
Activity: 364
June 01, 2013, 11:43:03 AM
We're back Smiley

Sorry for the delay.

Withdraw fees have being lowered to match the new network defaults.

Great Smiley
Very much appreciated, the old fee was kinda high.
vip
👻
June 01, 2013, 11:25:21 AM
Hi,

Try this (save it locally, it's open source): http://gauth.apps.gbraad.nl/

Or try this and put it on your USB stick: https://github.com/mclamp/JAuth

Activity: 211
You are not special.
June 01, 2013, 10:21:37 AM
I've thought about investing for a while but never got round to it. I'm always worried about moving my coins around since the bigger their footprint with passwords and addresses and loging in to places the more chance of theft.

Anyway I was logging in today and maybe you know already but if you type your username and password in and then hit enter rather than clicking log-in it doesn't show the captcha, just says that captcha was wrong. This is under firefox 20 in linux.

I don't know if it actually counts as 2 factor authentication, but blockchain.info has authentication working so that it lets you type a code in using an onscreen keyboard to confirm any transactions. Would you ever consider using something like that as well as or along side google 2fa. It's just I don't have access to it for a variety of reasons that I wont go in to and don't feel like putting a lot of bitcoins in an account just secured by 1 password. I'm sure you'll say, just get a compatible phone or find a way to use it if you're that keen but it's worth a shot asking!
vip
👻
June 01, 2013, 02:35:41 AM
We're back Smiley

Sorry for the delay.

Withdraw fees have being lowered to match the new network defaults.
Activity: 375
June 01, 2013, 02:10:16 AM
lol. i haven't checked it in days and the 10 minutes you're down.....
vip
👻
June 01, 2013, 01:53:59 AM
Server is being migrated to 0.8.2, site is down for approx 10 mins.

EDIT: I'm aware that the signed in portions do not work at the moment. I'm working on fixing it, don't panic!

Back!
vip
👻
June 01, 2013, 01:18:56 AM
Hi,

btcinvest = returns depend on performance. performance may be negative.
coinlenders = returns are either variable (but always positive) or you can lock in with a CD.
Activity: 143
June 01, 2013, 01:17:42 AM
You need to have Javascript enabled, and click on the sign up / login buttons.

I'm probably losing more visitors to this than people who would be turned off from registering with a captcha Tongue

Interesting. I basically just wanted to be able to click around and check out the site from the user perspective. I may have even already created an account a few weeks ago and forgot about it. BTW, what are the differences in the types of investments that are made with CoinLenders when compared to BTCInvest?
vip
👻
June 01, 2013, 01:14:40 AM
You need to have Javascript enabled, and click on the sign up / login buttons.

I'm probably losing more visitors to this than people who would be turned off from registering with a captcha Tongue
Pages:
Jump to: