Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] coupon from ASICMiner .15 btc per USB miner in STOCK SHIPPING - page 6. (Read 12786 times)

legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
I have at least 8-9 PMs with him back and forth on this coupon thing. The only responses I got from him was "Read the OP" or "Let me know if you don't want the coupons".  Charging 50% of a 0.1 coupon for shipping simply does not make sense, especially since this a gratuity for previous purchases. This is close to $35 for 5 sticks, when I was able to print the label for around $5. This probably discourages folks to re-deem the coupons so the sticks can be sold later for a profit.

I have similar misgivings about this practice. On a small scale (1-2 sticks) this may be reasonable, but for anything more than that, especially if we are supplying our own shipping label, it is simply unacceptable. Charging an extra .05 BTC would be enough to cover shipping for the first 14 sticks, although I realize that there are more costs involved than just shipping, but assuming he's processes thousands of these (it was 1300 from the first wave of coupons) he's made more than some people do in a year off of this promotion alone. Granted Canary is putting a large amount of time and effort into distribution of these miners, I don't see why he should be making such an inordinate amount of money off of this.

To those saying he was clear on the terms of the promotion, he was most certainly not. If you don't see what I mean, just look at the title of this thread. Additionally, with his past group buys he has offered the option of letting us supply a shipping label and (from what I can tell) reducing the markup per stick from .05 BTC to .01 BTC; why he is not offering this option for what was supposed to be a promotion is simply beyond me.

All you guys really have been wronged. Perhaps even abused. Why don't you buy direct from Friedcat. He probably won't bleed you dry on coupon offers.
legendary
I send payment for 5 units allowed by my coupon 0.1 coupon (.5 btc) and send a shipping label as instructed in the OP.
I get a PM saying I need to send 0.15 btc per coupon and that the cost is 0.15.
Why is the cost of a 0.10 coupon 0.15 when shipping has already been paid?
This is a total scam!

Then do us a favor will you.  Don't  send your coupon in. Tell canary you won't use the coupon because its a scam and that you refuse to post here again until you get a 0.01 coupon.
This would be really helpful to all of us.
Activity: 175
Merit: 100
I have at least 8-9 PMs with him back and forth on this coupon thing. The only responses I got from him was "Read the OP" or "Let me know if you don't want the coupons".  Charging 50% of a 0.1 coupon for shipping simply does not make sense, especially since this a gratuity for previous purchases. This is close to $35 for 5 sticks, when I was able to print the label for around $5. This probably discourages folks to re-deem the coupons so the sticks can be sold later for a profit.

I have similar misgivings about this practice. On a small scale (1-2 sticks) this may be reasonable, but for anything more than that, especially if we are supplying our own shipping label, it is simply unacceptable. Charging an extra .05 BTC would be enough to cover shipping for the first 14 sticks, although I realize that there are more costs involved than just shipping, but assuming he's processes thousands of these (it was 1300 from the first wave of coupons) he's made more than some people do in a year off of this promotion alone. Granted Canary is putting a large amount of time and effort into distribution of these miners, I don't see why he should be making such an inordinate amount of money off of this.

To those saying he was clear on the terms of the promotion, he was most certainly not. If you don't see what I mean, just look at the title of this thread. Additionally, with his past group buys he has offered the option of letting us supply a shipping label and (from what I can tell) reducing the markup per stick from .05 BTC to .01 BTC; why he is not offering this option for what was supposed to be a promotion is simply beyond me.
legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'
okay I just got my last 6 coupons fulfilled they came today.

I got my 3 old style blades yesterday. I have decided to sell them and stay with sticks. I prefer the sticks and even though the older blades can push 12gh or 36 sticks I like the sticks better.  Canary  has been a really good seller to me I think I have purchased 200 sticks and 3 blades I have to go back and add it all up.

So enjoy the Labor day weekend and thanks for good business practices.  Phil
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
I have at least 8-9 PMs with him back and forth on this coupon thing. The only responses I got from him was "Read the OP" or "Let me know if you don't want the coupons".  Charging 50% of a 0.1 coupon for shipping simply does not make sense, especially since this a gratuity for previous purchases. This is close to $35 for 5 sticks, when I was able to print the label for around $5. This probably discourages folks to re-deem the coupons so the sticks can be sold later for a profit.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
I think the OP was quite clear about the costs involved. You should follow the instructions to have a trouble-free transaction.

Price is the same as on the first batch: .15 per unit which includes domestic shipping.  International buyers will have additional shipping fees and they will be worked on per order.  International orders may not be processed as fast as domestic orders due to additional handling time to get shipping quotes.

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000
I send payment for 5 units allowed by my coupon 0.1 coupon (.5 btc) and send a shipping label as instructed in the OP.
This is a total scam!

Do you work for free? The miners do not package  or drive themselves to the PO!
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009
This is a total scam!

Why do you assume it's a total scam instead of an honest mistake, or a simple mix-up if you don't mind me asking?

Did you state your concern to OP, and ask for clarification?

Or did you just come back here and make an inflammatory post?

This is a total scam!

Emphasis mine.

Do you really believe this is a total scam? Or are you just stomping your boots because something that happened to you wasn't perfect?
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
This is a total scam!
donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!
Memorial Weekend

I'm not american, but isn't it Labor Day weekend? I thought your memorial day was in may?
yes, it is... and to this day I always confuse them. LOL
Activity: 504
Memorial Weekend

I'm not american, but isn't it Labor Day weekend? I thought your memorial day was in may?
Activity: 257
Merit: 250
you have 1 more 3 unit coupon from group 7, so 3*.15=.45 more
will need to check on priority to Australia

I still need to send coin for shipping.
legendary
  well .15 btc includes shipping and handling.  So if you got 2 or 3 sticks he makes no money.   
Many people were entitled to only a few coupons.  Your argument is less then perfect for many of his customers. 

Myself I got 36 coupons so I paid 5.4 coins rather then 3.6 coins and say .3 -.4  for handling/shipping.  So some would say he over charged me 1 to 1.5 coins.

This.  I had 2 orders of 2 sticks each.  He barely broke even shipping those out to me.

I had about 80 total. So we paid shipping for all the folks that got one or two.
Which I'm fine with. Too big an operation to nickel and dime every transaction. Our resale margin was very healthy anyway.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
  well .15 btc includes shipping and handling.  So if you got 2 or 3 sticks he makes no money.   
Many people were entitled to only a few coupons.  Your argument is less then perfect for many of his customers. 

Myself I got 36 coupons so I paid 5.4 coins rather then 3.6 coins and say .3 -.4  for handling/shipping.  So some would say he over charged me 1 to 1.5 coins.

This.  I had 2 orders of 2 sticks each.  He barely broke even shipping those out to me.
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
Any one here want to share shipping to EU? Please PM.
donator
+1 to canary, enjoy your weekend off!
Ty!! ttyl all later.
donator
I really am taking this Labor Day Weekend off... so I will reply after it ends to your PMs.
But a quick update: anyone who sent their funds and PMed info as requested before 4:30 AM this past Thursday got their shipments out.
Group 7 will begin shipping Tuesday.  I will sneak in a few hrs per day to create Group 7 labels while taking most of the time off.
Best to all!!
P.S. goto go. wifey is giving me the evil eye during time off.  Grin
Activity: 546
Owner, Minersource.net
+1 to canary, enjoy your weekend off!
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Canary is definitely real and delivers on time usually, I've ordered over 200 from him, their sometimes a lack of communication,  he's a top notch reseller though, I would just like a confirmation of my order. That's all
Activity: 151
Merit: 100
So he is real and delivers on time.
Pages:
Jump to: