Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] - Elitist Jerks Litecoin Pool - [CLOSED] - page 15. (Read 32018 times)

legendary
Activity: 889
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin calls me an Orphan
Fixed the Last found blocks graph. Current diff is now accurate once again.
legendary
Re added the Left Side block to show User stales and also Pool stales.
legendary
We have had p2k step up to help assist in running Elitist Jerks. Elitist Jerks is still up and running. No it never really closed as I never turned off the server.

I will be sending out emails to let everyone know the pool is once again open.

Please make sure you use port 9332 for all your mining needs. This is ecoinpool which has proven to be the best backend software for Litecoin and also Bitcoin!

Welcome back
legendary
By the way, guys, I just want to say, thanks for the avatar!  Smiley

Yeah i noticed you where using it Smiley Nothing like the finger Smiley
legendary
Port 8337 is open for mining. Working great!
Activity: 784
bitcoin hundred-aire
By the way, guys, I just want to say, thanks for the avatar!  Smiley
legendary
pool is up and running once again but some people are experiencing more than usual stales. It seems there might be a network outage that is causing some more stales then normal
legendary
Pool is being upgraded
legendary
Hello all. I am currently working on our new server. Quad Core Nehalem. This is to help with the lag people have noticed surfing the pool.
p2k
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
I just want to say "hi" to everyone here and thanks for your support!

ecoinpool development is continuing, parts of the shares storage engine are being rewritten and overall performance is being improved. It's really lots of work, but I won't stop until everything is done and working nicely (look at my avatar Wink).

Happy mining,
p2k
legendary
3phase.. thanks for all the testing. Megap2k has found a few things that need to be addressed with ecoinpool because of this testing. He has had a lot of changes in his code in the last week.

Litecoin might not be worth a lot of money.. but its been a great way to test for new pool software thats for sure.
Activity: 313
Merit: 251
Third score
Hi, wknight. Some feedback:

After 12 hours of hashing, I got close to 0.5% stales which is much better indeed than my previous experience (closer to 1.5%). This is on par with what I get in other pools.

I tried with -s 30 flag, and that's what I usually do as I don't want to overload a server with getwork requests. I suppose if I reduce that, I will get less stales.

In any case, I have to note that the move to the Erlang-based Ecoinpool seems to have improved things greatly, and I have to give congratulations for trying innovative pool software.

Despite the recently expressed views on the forum, that Alt coins don't provide innovation (by themselves maybe), it goes to show that having more opportunities to experiment (as in having various alt coins alive) creates a fertile ground for innovation. I would find it hard to think how a Bitcoin pool as an example would risk trying a completely new pool back-end, with the danger of crashing down and losing its miners.

Regards, and best of luck with your endeavour.
legendary
Todays Update:

Ecoinpool is being tested VERY well. We appreciate everyone jumping on and pushing it to the max. Megap2k has found a few things he needs to optimize for future enhancement.

We are going to be adding a mining server tomorrow afternoon. as soon as the server is up and running I will post and let everyone know where to connect. This way we can continue to get even more data.

Thanks again and keep up the good work!
legendary
OK guys.. everything is back up and running.. sorry for the short downtime.. we know the error and it has been resolved.

Just a reminder.. right now its best if you mine on port 8339 as stales are VERY low
legendary
seems are problem is with pushpoold.. if you would like to continue mining.. please use port 8339
legendary
Due to very High cpu we had to take down the server for diagnostic.. many people where seeing 2 to 3 times the payouts as normal.. which is good for you.. but bad for us Smiley

legendary
So we have decided with all the new miners and extra hash's we have been getting. We are going to be upgrading to a new server next week.

Thanks to all for being part of Elitist Jerks
legendary
Welcome back to many miners.. thanks for testing out port 8339. We have noticed next to nothing with stales. Keep up the good work and let the blocks keep flowing.
legendary
Just a little update on whats new at Elitist Jerks...

Ecoinpool is being tested as our new worker software. Things have been going VERY well thanks to Mega_p2k and his Ecoinpool software. We have found that ecoinpool dramatically reduces stales that pushpoold tends to have with new blocks. Ecoinpool also provides extra added features like live monitoring and such.

If you would like to test Ecoinpool yourself. Point your miners to port 8339. If you would like to know more about the live monitoring feature. Stop by our IRC channel and we will be happy to show you how. #Elitist on Freenode

Remember Ecoinpool is in testing phase. There can be outages/updates on the fly. Make sure your miners are set to -r 1 to continue connecting to the server so they do not time out.

Finally.. we are still paying for any orphan blocks that might come across the pool. Orphans are our problems, not yours.. boy i sound like the government. Smiley

legendary
We are going to continue to pay for any and all orphans the pool may acquire. We feel this will keep us in line with other Litecoin pools.
Pages:
Jump to: