Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] SP20 - most efficient miner - ~0.5W/GH - 2 units min! - page 12. (Read 22636 times)

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
Alright, than I formally apologize for my misunderstanding. I still think you should advertise it as the all-in price, but it's my fault for not reading that line or really clarifying whether it was a deposit or a fee on top of the purchase price.

No problem. Will try to make it more obvious next GB.
Smiley Thanks. I might have just been in a bad mood; I was installing QT on a fresh machine today for my active wallet so I got to watch my BTC total rise and rise until I decided it was time to cash out my $10k worth of Bitcoin a little over 2 years ago to pay off a car since it had just surged up to $14 each. Makes me grumpy every time that happens. Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
Alright, than I formally apologize for my misunderstanding. I still think you should advertise it as the all-in price, but it's my fault for not reading that line or really clarifying whether it was a deposit or a fee on top of the purchase price.

No problem. Will try to make it more obvious next GB.

Note: Please note that while you can directly order the minimum number of units is still 2! Don't order 1 unit. Thank you.
donator
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051
Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs
Thought there was 4 days left..
Won't have all btc til the 26th, When is the deadline for paying?

Don't worry.
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
Thought there was 4 days left..
Won't have all btc til the 26th, When is the deadline for paying?

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
LOL... No. I'll still pay the fee if I do order a couple. After all, it's not a surprise now what the cost will be. Smiley

It was never a surprise. You didn't fully read the OP.
Was the following line
Please note that the prices are in addition to the reservation fee!
In the original post made on the 23rd or added in an edit?

That was in the original post. I have no problem in admitting what I add, edit or delete, but this isn't the case.

It fooled me too but what the fuck 1012 for 2 units is a good deal.
legendary
LOL... No. I'll still pay the fee if I do order a couple. After all, it's not a surprise now what the cost will be. Smiley

Was the following line

That was in the original post. I have no problem in admitting what I add, edit or delete, but this isn't the case.
legendary

Was the following line

legendary
Since the GB Target has been met you can order directly from here: http://www.spondoolies-tech.com/products/roadstresss-sp20-special-holiday-gb I'll be happy if people continue to pay the reservation fee, but now it's optional.

****************************************************************************************
Hello home and big miners,

Since it's gift season it's time to rewards yourselves with the best miner on the market in terms of both efficiency and $/GH. For $1,000 you can get yourself 2xSP20 miners with shipping included!
In order to reserve your place please send 0.04 BTC + 0.02BTC for every additional unit that you plan to purchase to the wallet address below*:

1BbHy3JQiEMizLV2nWV3tDrfHzkaZtBLLV
RoadStress,
Thank you for organizing another successful GB.
I hope that people will continue to pay the reservation fees.

Guy

Thank you for having me organize this GB.

If nobody has anything against it I am considering sending/donating 1BTC to the r/millionairemakers winner @ http://www.reddit.com/r/millionairemakers/comments/2q9ung/santa_is_real_thank_you_all_so_much_i_am_still_in/
legendary

Was the following line
donator
Since the GB Target has been met you can order directly from here: http://www.spondoolies-tech.com/products/roadstresss-sp20-special-holiday-gb I'll be happy if people continue to pay the reservation fee, but now it's optional.

****************************************************************************************
Hello home and big miners,

Since it's gift season it's time to rewards yourselves with the best miner on the market in terms of both efficiency and $/GH. For $1,000 you can get yourself 2xSP20 miners with shipping included!
In order to reserve your place please send 0.04 BTC + 0.02BTC for every additional unit that you plan to purchase to the wallet address below*:

1BbHy3JQiEMizLV2nWV3tDrfHzkaZtBLLV
RoadStress,
Thank you for organizing another successful GB.
I hope that people will continue to pay the reservation fees.

Guy
legendary

legendary
Well that's lame. OP should probably update the first post then, as the cost of the miner is not $500 and you cannot get two SP20's for $1000

It is in the OP. Read it again please and let's stop this reservation fee madness. This GB has the same rules as my past GBs and nobody complained so I don't understand why the beef right now.

The list will be forwarded to Spoondolies Tech so that you can arrange payment afterwards.

I can only mine profitably at the current price of BTC until about 90B difficulty though, and I really have to massage the numbers to come up with a scenario where difficulty doesn't at least double before I pay off even a $500 (and $7 Wink) purchase price.

$4.2 will go towards cgminer and Armory as usual (since nobody proposed anything) and $2.8 will go in my pocket for my time organizing this. Yes I do value my time the same as you value yours. Luckily you can directly order now without paying the reservation fee so Santa came earlier for you this year. Happy hashing!
legendary
Updated OP:
legendary
Well that's lame. OP should probably update the first post then, as the cost of the miner is not $500 and you cannot get two SP20's for $1000

It is in the OP. Read it again please and let's stop this reservation fee madness. This GB has the same rules as my past GBs and nobody complained so I don't understand why the beef right now.

The list will be forwarded to Spoondolies Tech so that you can arrange payment afterwards.

I can only mine profitably at the current price of BTC until about 90B difficulty though, and I really have to massage the numbers to come up with a scenario where difficulty doesn't at least double before I pay off even a $500 (and $7 Wink) purchase price.

$4.2 will go towards cgminer and Armory as usual (since nobody proposed anything) and $2.8 will go in my pocket for my time organizing this. Yes I do value my time the same as you value yours. Luckily you can directly order now without paying the reservation fee so Santa came earlier for you this year. Happy hashing!
Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Well, now that we published the link, you can "cheat" and buy direct, as long as the GB run.
It's unfair towards RoadStress.

Also, it's both disappointing, having sent my reservation fee, and unprofessional...
We do expect future participants to pay the reservation fee.
From past experience, once the link was up, there were some people that didn't.
RoadStress selected small, but meaningful reservation fee, a bit more than half percent, on purpose.

I have no issue with the small reservation fee. RoadStress has done a good service and deserves some renumeration for his time.

Thanks again RS
donator

Well, now that we published the link, you can "cheat" and buy direct, as long as the GB run.

Also, it's both disappointing, having sent my reservation fee, and unprofessional...
RoadStress selected small, but meaningful reservation fee, a bit more than half percent, on purpose.

Thanks for clarifying. The way it was written sounded like you were accepting orders and would not confirm the reservation fee had been paid.

Looking forward to finally getting my hands on some Spondoolies gear.

Happy holidays!
Happy Holidays  Smiley
legendary
Wait, how do you get credit for your reservation fee?

you don't... the reservation fee doesn't apply to purchase price.

its just that, a reservation to be able to purchase at a certain price point

It was explained early on.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9925485

Yes, and it is probably partially a miscommunication but I did ask if the deposit was refundable. A sentence that it isn't a deposit probably would have been appropriate, especially given the advertisement that the cost of two units is $1000.

It's very similar to RoadStress previous two GB.
Anyway, I don't know how he could have made it more clear:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9925806
I wasn't part of RoadStress's previous group buys.
Again, I know it's probably pedantic, but when I said
Sorry, that's still not very clear. Are you saying that you will keep 40% and donate 60% for people who do not follow through with orders in the event that the group buy does go ahead, but that you will refund the reservation fees if the GB fails to reach 200 units?
it would have been pretty simple to say "No, the fee is not for people who do not follow through with orders, it is for all orders" or just "No"
Instead he basically just echoed what I said but removed the part that would make the .02 a deposit as opposed to a fee.

I really don't have a problem with the idea of the fee, but you shouldn't advertise the units as $500 shipping included since no one (who isn't cheating) can buy them for that price. It's not even like it's a one time fee that will asymptotically approach $500 if you buy enough. Tongue Each unit costs $506.50.
Pedantic? Maybe. It's similar to advertising 0.5W/GH - 0.295$/GH though. It's intentionally misleading as it implies you can have both those things at the same time. You can argue that it's never claimed that both numbers are valid at the same time, but it still comes off as slimy and really the product is good enough that you don't need to resort to tricks like that.
legendary
Activity: 1258
Merit: 1027

Thanks for clarifying. The way it was written sounded like you were accepting orders and would not confirm the reservation fee had been paid.

Looking forward to finally getting my hands on some Spondoolies gear.

Happy holidays!
Activity: 126
Wait, how do you get credit for your reservation fee?

you don't... the reservation fee doesn't apply to purchase price.

its just that, a reservation to be able to purchase at a certain price point

Cant you just cross check orders made thru the GB link with a list from RoadStrees who reserved and paid the fee?

RoadStress deserves the fee small fee for setting this up, not to mention 60% will be donated.
We can, but we prefer to ask people nicely not to do it.
RoadStress definitely deserve the fees.

Of course, you would hope people do the right thing.
Activity: 126
Ordered and Paid. Order#3936.

Thanks RoadStress and Spondoolies.

Merry Christmas and Happy Healthy New Year
Pages:
Jump to: