Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED]Minion Chip Assembly GB - page 12. (Read 77309 times)

Activity: 115
Merit: 10
“Create Your Decentralized Life”
September 23, 2014, 11:44:15 AM
Are our cooler adapters being manufactured already?  I haven't seen any talk about it yet.  I'm going to need 352 adapters to fit my intel E97378-001 coolers.
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
September 23, 2014, 09:27:20 AM
That is not what meant, i know that if connect the fan wrong it wont spin. What i mean is to drive screws of the cooler a bit harder. I had the same problem as you and it worked Wink worth a try

I dont understand now. You mean to drive more or less? Because now I have cooler with about 1mm distance between the metal pad and pad of cooler (it look that drive more is too much). Can you do photo of your actual status with coolers?
what coolers you use

ARCTIC Freezer 13 and ARCTIC Freezer 13 CO

tomorrow I will have +12 Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 PRO r2
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
September 23, 2014, 09:25:36 AM
That is not what meant, i know that if connect the fan wrong it wont spin. What i mean is to drive screws of the cooler a bit harder. I had the same problem as you and it worked Wink worth a try

I dont understand now. You mean to drive more or less? Because now I have cooler with about 1mm distance between the metal pad and pad of cooler (it look that drive more is too much). Can you do photo of your actual status with coolers?
what coolers you use
September 23, 2014, 08:47:13 AM

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
September 23, 2014, 07:59:28 AM

If you look at the PCB of Enermax, it is not problem, but who knows Smiley The rest of boards I will test with Fortron AURUM PRO 1200W 80PLUS GOLD (one single 100A 12V rail). Just for sure.

Great, & you can try to use 9(1+2 disable), 3(2+3 disable), 5(1+3 disable), 6(0+4 disable)

sorehammer & y_boonstra already confirm that multi rail on one system is fine so maybe the problem is the board
Activity: 639
Merit: 504
September 23, 2014, 07:56:20 AM

That's it, your PSU is very powerful but not single rail. Your PSU had six rails, each rail only can deliver 30A max.
Using default setting the board will use up to 40A(i guess since i don't own one  Tongue)

To prove this you can try to disable 1 chip & see if the board can reach 300G
You can see more detail on cgminer api log.

I'm using a psu with 36a on the 12v rails and it works fine.

Of course it work. based on 2GOOD review at default setting it will use about 430 watt.
Your PSU can deliver 36 A x 12 V = 432 watt.
macher PSU 30 A x 12 V = 360 watt, the psu overload protection should already kick in.

no, the PSU is not the problem because it is connect to two 12v rails (2x30A)

You might aswell have wrong atached coolers to the board, i did have the same problem  at the begining

no, that is also not a problem - if you connect it wrong, the fan is not moving

I tried to disable the chips one by one and only just one configuration is working - the 12 (0+1 disable). All other possibilities = ZOMBIE

I think that the board is bad... but maybe is between chair and keyboard ;-) I have other 3 boards that is not connect so tomorrow I will try it.

Now the best result:

Activity: 504
Merit: 250
September 23, 2014, 07:53:26 AM
I'm using a RAIDMAX  RX-1000AE 80 plus gold with 4 rails pushing 36A on each for a combined 912W I think it's got enough Smiley
September 23, 2014, 07:32:17 AM

You might aswell have wrong atached coolers to the board, i did have the same problem  at the begining

I tried to disable the chips one by one and only just one configuration is working - the 12 (0+1 disable). All other possibilities = ZOMBIE

I think that the board is bad... but maybe is between chair and keyboard ;-) I have other 3 boards that is not connect so tomorrow I will try it.

Woo, i am not really sure that connect 2 different rail to one system is good idea. I am definitely not going to do that.
Could you try again using 1 rail only?

If you are going to try another untouch board, please use 1 rail only  Smiley

If you look at the PCB of Enermax, it is not problem, but who knows Smiley The rest of boards I will test with Fortron AURUM PRO 1200W 80PLUS GOLD (one single 100A 12V rail). Just for sure.
Activity: 374
September 23, 2014, 07:31:55 AM

Woo, i am not really sure that connect 2 different rail to one system is good idea. I am definitely not going to do that.

If you are going to try another untouch board, please use 1 rail only  Smiley

Why not using 2 rails,
What are you afraid off? you can couple those rails np.
September 23, 2014, 07:27:33 AM
I'm using 2 rails but as I said they are rated at 36A
legendary
September 23, 2014, 07:10:15 AM

If you are going to try another untouch board, please use 1 rail only  Smiley
September 23, 2014, 06:44:29 AM

That's it, your PSU is very powerful but not single rail. Your PSU had six rails, each rail only can deliver 30A max.
Using default setting the board will use up to 40A(i guess since i don't own one  Tongue)

Of course it work. based on 2GOOD review at default setting it will use about 430 watt.
macher PSU 30 A x 12 V = 360 watt, the psu overload protection should already kick in.

Now the best result:

http://www.udrevaka.net/technobit_hexm_problem5.png
September 23, 2014, 04:59:13 AM
I received mine late yesterday afternoon but other than a cursory look I've not had chance to set them up. Anyone had any joy with alternative coolers yet? I noticed the steel brackets, but they're obviously a million miles different from my Intel 1150 coolers, I'll have to have a proper play later tonight.

Arctic freezer rev.2 fits perfect on the steel bracket.
Activity: 291
Scam-Busting PSA: Beware of Black Arrow Software
September 23, 2014, 03:39:01 AM
I received mine late yesterday afternoon but other than a cursory look I've not had chance to set them up. Anyone had any joy with alternative coolers yet? I noticed the steel brackets, but they're obviously a million miles different from my Intel 1150 coolers, I'll have to have a proper play later tonight.
legendary
September 23, 2014, 03:27:54 AM
That would explain it then Smiley

Maybe, since i didn't consider what Mariowot said about cooler  Cheesy
September 23, 2014, 03:24:43 AM
That would explain it then Smiley
legendary
September 23, 2014, 03:23:18 AM

September 23, 2014, 02:56:41 AM

September 23, 2014, 02:35:36 AM

any idea whats wrong?

after start it is minig about 2min, than its stop and blinking red.

You might aswell have wrong atached coolers to the board, i did have the same problem  at the begining
legendary
September 22, 2014, 10:14:48 PM

Pages:
Jump to: