Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSING] GHash.IO mining pool official page - page 56. (Read 149381 times)

Activity: 351
Merit: 250
I surely hope you'll be fixing the total cluster that is your website soon. No payouts on blocks, and general F'd up stuff.

Thanks
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Seeing some major issues with GHash today.

Connection issues, hashrate issues with low hashrates reported on one end, but full hashrate shown on pool, negative pool speed for some shifts showing on the summary page...
Also some rig rentals from LeaseRigs and BetaRigs pointed at GHash are showing extremely low accepted hashrate while workers on the poolside show either full expected hashrate or no hashrate whatsoever.

For now, switching all my local rigs and my rentals to my p2pool node (I usually go back and forth, or split power between GHash and my p2pool... hedging bets).
legendary
Activity: 1036
I have a question about the reporting of ghash.io.

I have two miners (total ~ 3TH) pointing to ghash.io and mine BTC.
I also have some CEX.IO ghash (about 200KHs).

How can I check from the report how much BTC I make from mining with my miners and how much BTC I make with the CEX.IO mining.

Currently I go to BTC/Mining and i see a list of what I assume to be profit for both (minus maintenance fee which I hope it is only for the CEX.IO mining part)

Thanks

I have also a small cloud with them about 5.5 gh but its not clear to me also
if you make a separate acount sent there the hash power with a voucher then you can see clearly
but the 200khs cloud comparing with the 3 T your miners make its a drop in the ocean.

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
I have a question about the reporting of ghash.io.

I have two miners (total ~ 3TH) pointing to ghash.io and mine BTC.
I also have some CEX.IO ghash (about 200KHs).

How can I check from the report how much BTC I make from mining with my miners and how much BTC I make with the CEX.IO mining.

Currently I go to BTC/Mining and i see a list of what I assume to be profit for both (minus maintenance fee which I hope it is only for the CEX.IO mining part)

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1036
No NOT YET

even if there been many many requests.
Also there is luck of information.I first see things like the introduction of DRK or the IXC trade and then
have to read about it in the news.
There should be an  email sent to users letting them know.
for instance the day its was IXC trade started in the same morning I had my ixc withdrawn  to be converted elsewere...
Of course in a world that we have been burned with the preorder situation, think its better to do it first and then announce it.
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
Has the ability of deleting unused workers been added yet?

Is there a layman's way of explaining what Scrypt mining is? I wanted to explain to my Dad, but I can't even come up with a reasonable way to say it. Probably because I don't know enough about it myself.

Lol... You've been a bitcoiner since 2012...
Look. Here is how mining works.
Miner take the transactions, bundle them, simplify them. That's data A.
Data B is the hash of the previous block.
Data C is a completely random part of data.
A + B + C = Hash.

That's how I explain it to people, even though it's not that correct.

Continuing with the liberties in the explanation for the layman: In the hash function described above, Scrypt replaces SHA-256 in Bitcoin. X11 replaces SHA-256/Scrypt for Darkcoin. So on. Some people I've tried talking about this to just don't want to understand it. They can't get past the "it has value" part enough to realize that they need to understand some basics so they understand.

It's all Proof of Work, so it's basically the same thing. Even though method is a bit different, result is the same.
Activity: 98

Is there a layman's way of explaining what Scrypt mining is? I wanted to explain to my Dad, but I can't even come up with a reasonable way to say it. Probably because I don't know enough about it myself.

A + B + C = Hash.

Continuing with the liberties in the explanation for the layman: In the hash function described above, Scrypt replaces SHA-256 in Bitcoin. X11 replaces SHA-256/Scrypt for Darkcoin. So on. Some people I've tried talking about this to just don't want to understand it. They can't get past the "it has value" part enough to realize that they need to understand some basics so they understand.
Can't wait for Scrypt cloud hashing...with all this Altcoins...  Grin

Question:

Can we mine the coins of our choice with "Scrypt cloud hashing" (in GHash pool of course ^^) ?

A + B + C = Hash.

legendary
Activity: 1274
Personal text my ass....
Can't wait for Scrypt cloud hashing...with all this Altcoins...  Grin

Question:

Can we mine the coins of our choice with "Scrypt cloud hashing" (in GHash pool of course ^^) ?

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Can't wait for Scrypt cloud hashing...with all this Altcoins...  Grin

Question:

Activity: 98
Is darkcoin is sha26 or scyrpt?
Sorry to ask noob question

Neither, it is X11
Activity: 137
Merit: 0
Is darkcoin is sha26 or scyrpt?
Sorry to ask noob question
Activity: 38

Here comes the moment, which all of you were waiting for...
Welcome Darkcoin on GHash.IO Mining Pool!

Connect your miners now and get the darkest of the darkest cryptocurrencies ever.
https://ghash.io/DRK

Awesome news GHash, keep on adding those altcoins.
Activity: 379
Merit: 250
Welcome to dogietalk.bs
You forgot to include your lying, mocking email in your quote, so I've done it for you  Wink

email from support    

Derrik Goon (CEX.IO)

Oct 31 11:24 (UTC)

Hello uk1,

I would like to inform you that this information you are reading is not accurate, we are a company that does not involve itself in any sort of online gambling, its for the fishes.

Best Regards,
Derrik G.
CEX.IO Support

From this point we consider the matter closed and all information regarding it is in the public domain. As such we do not intend to comment to it any further, as our opinion is, that ongoing accusations seek only to discredit CEX without regard for acceptance of our responses.

Of course you consider the matter closed - your guilt, shame & embarrassment must be unbearable. However, as the saying goes - if you can't do the time - don't do the crime. The Bitcoin community is watching you very closely..........
Activity: 57

Here comes the moment, which all of you were waiting for...
Welcome Darkcoin on GHash.IO Mining Pool!

Connect your miners now and get the darkest of the darkest cryptocurrencies ever.
https://ghash.io/DRK
The issue you refer to was thoroughly investigated and shared by us at the time, it related to people who are no longer involved with CEX.IO We are very aware of our security obligations and treat it with the highest priority.

That's not true at all. You denied any involvement in double spending at all for weeks - you even tried to laugh it off - remember this answer?:

The only thing that there is no proof of, is that the staff members you finally admitted were responsible for it are no longer working for you. Hell, it could even be you who did it, who knows?

"Thoroughly investigated" indeed. That's like the police investigating the police - guess what - nothing happens. You did it, you tried to cover it up, you lied about it & you got caught. I advise everyone to take this into consideration before trusting these people with your hard earned BTC - history shows us that they are not to be trusted.

Pretty pictures, fluffy clouds & flowers to you  Wink

CEX were made aware of a very serious double spend accusation toward end Oct 2013 via the bitcointalk forum which by implication accused the company of this activity. On review of the evidence presented (which showed unusual transactions involving ghash addresses) our management team instructed an investigation be made to reveal the facts about the situation and if required take action.
Results of that investigation were published via public statement again via bitcointalk on Nov 15th which can be viewed here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3590355

We reiterate 100% our commitment to the bitcoin and crypto industry and that CEX.IO does not have any affiliation with the double-spending attack.  As a part of the bitcoin community we condemn such actions, which only harm the bitcoin network.

CEX.IO  has 200k active users right across the world whom trust us to work with them with the utmost integrity. Our growth over the past 6 months or so confirms the cooperative trust we have with our customers.

From this point we consider the matter closed and all information regarding it is in the public domain. As such we do not intend to comment to it any further, as our opinion is, that ongoing accusations seek only to discredit CEX without regard for acceptance of our responses.
Our  focus is on growing and improving the services we offer our customers and by doing that furthering the acceptance and growth of the Bitcoin and cryptocurrency industry.

We have very exciting news in the pipeline and look forward to sharing it with you via this forum very soon.
Activity: 924
Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....
Question: Are your staff still messing with your wallet addresses & double spending against the Bitcoin network?
Thanks  Wink
The issue you refer to was thoroughly investigated and shared by us at the time, it related to people who are no longer involved with CEX.IO We are very aware of our security obligations and treat it with the highest priority.

Indeed, a very valid question. Can't see this thread lasting long  Cheesy
Edit: I also have a question:
Will you be completely ignoring every question from your users who post on this thread in the same way that CEX do on their "official" thread?
Ta  Smiley
Our aim is to share important information regarding developments within CEX.IO and Ghash.IO to the wider community.
We welcome interaction and will endeavour to communicate effectively.

That's not true at all. You denied any involvement in double spending at all for weeks - you even tried to laugh it off - remember this answer?:

email from support    

Derrik Goon (CEX.IO)

Oct 31 11:24 (UTC)

Hello uk1,

I would like to inform you that this information you are reading is not accurate, we are a company that does not involve itself in any sort of online gambling, its for the fishes.

Best Regards,
Derrik G.
CEX.IO Support

This, even though the proof was there for everyone to see (I suggest everyone read this):

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3445371

The only thing that there is no proof of, is that the staff members you finally admitted were responsible for it are no longer working for you. Hell, it could even be you who did it, who knows?

"Thoroughly investigated" indeed. That's like the police investigating the police - guess what - nothing happens. You did it, you tried to cover it up, you lied about it & you got caught. I advise everyone to take this into consideration before trusting these people with your hard earned BTC - history shows us that they are not to be trusted.

Pretty pictures, fluffy clouds & flowers to you  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1274
Personal text my ass....
GHash, but these disconnects have been more frequent also. So even if you act fast in getting the connection back up and running, it still is happening more often on a daily basis. I'm looking more at the big picture here. The problem that is causing this to happen, is that being handled and being taken care of?

Thank you-
Good thing is that you can trade your altcoins where you mine and dont have to use another cryptsy like site with min withdraw.
I was mining since feb 14/2/2014 to may 10th and transfering all my Dev and IXC DOGE to crypty and finally made it to collect 0.01 Litecoins so I can withdraw the balance...
Its better and faster .
Saw they adder IXC also
We will very soon add more trading options to help you trade and mine in one location.

If they start offering cloud Scrypt mining, I'll definitely take part in that. I missed the boat with the SHA but will definitely roll with Scrypt as long as they are still tradeable.
Watch this space for cloud scrypt mining and new trading options.

Hectur, Collider, Chimsley, opentoe:
We apologize for the pool downtime, we know it can be annoying, our team worked as quickly as possible to resolve it so the time lost was minimized.
Pages:
Jump to: