Pages:
Author

Topic: [Closing]Mining Company Closing with 3.3 GHash/s - JLP-BMD - page 4. (Read 31644 times)

Activity: 180
Merit: 100
As for others' experiences with me and this company I'll leave that to them to answer.

I've been a shareholder since November, and my experience with the company and JL421 have been great.  JL421 has put a lot of effort in to this and kept things going even during some rough times with hardware failure, etc, even to the point of throwing his own money in to paying dividends.  As you can see, he is fully verified on GLBSE and I feel he is trustworthy.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2156
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?
I'm interested in investing in your mining operation as it seems to be well run, and progressing, but I guess I'v just tried to read too many posts in a short amount of time, so Iv got a few questions. There are a total of 8000 shares correct? I'm also pretty sure I read that dividends were paid out every week or so, and that average dividend per share was .003 BTC or so? Like I said I may be misreading with haste, but does anyone have any feedback on their experiences with JLP-BMD? Also, what is the current MHash that the setup is getting? Going through the posts, Iv seen about 10 different figures, which makes sense as more equipment is added, I'm just not sure what the current figure is.
donator
Activity: 848
Merit: 1005
The dividend of last week doubled from that of the week before last week. Since the difficulty does not change much, is the increasing caused by just random number factors, or that you've already upgraded some of your hardware? Thanks.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
nice Smiley things are good now  Grin

aye, looking good and we started chipping away into the recently released shares.

gogogogo.  ;p
Activity: 602
Merit: 502
nice Smiley things are good now  Grin
Activity: 504
I'd say as long as difficulty is looking to be stable (it's decreasing a bit today), and the lead time on BFL is so extreme, stick with GPU for atleast another round of growth.

my 2 bits
cheers
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
Over the weekend I should have some time to commit to upgrading the website and making things much more automated.

Also, all assets owned by me (JLP, JLP-BMD, M.ETF) have been marked verified in the following areas:

Phone Number
Home Address
Email Address
Photo I.D.
Facebook Profile

I don't have a Linked-In Profile, otherwise I probably would have linked that too...
Who uses Linked-in anyways?
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
JL421, just a thought: maybe you should change the thread title.
ah ok, then you should say "I (ceo) started to buy more shares for myself"

instead of saying the 'company' is buying back shares.

But then it looks like I'm buying it for my personal account.

I the CEO put my own BTC into the company account, and purchased shares with those funds. There are now 137 fewer traded shares of JLP-BMD. These shares may be sold later, but for now they are company owned. They receive no dividends, they have no voting rights. For now, it's like they no longer exist. It isn't much, but there are 3.2% fewer shares of JLP-BMD.

ok so you are mixing your btc with company btc , and mixing your shares with company shares ?

I think you need to take out those shares that you bought with your own btc , that is currently in the company glbse account and transfer them into your personal account.

If the company is buying back shares, the company will buy back with its own btc, so far no one voted for that. But from what i understand is that you bought shares with your own BTC and put it in the company account.

Either you can donate and hand them over to the company or transfer them into your own personal account
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Why are you buying back shares?
ah ok, then you should say "I (ceo) started to buy more shares for myself"

instead of saying the 'company' is buying back shares.
7.81189982 paid out to 4,275 shares!

In other news, the company has started to buy back shares, and there will no longer be a dedicated internet cost. I'm going to pay that myself.

you are buying back shares with your own BTC or company BTC ?
donator
Activity: 490
I'm not sure I see the need for a consistent dividend if its going to be slightly less than the total possible dividend, but if it funds future expansion thats cool.
Activity: 168
Instead of JLP-BMD paying out 100% of profit each week, we would reduce the payments to a sustainable, consistent dividend amount.

The excess funds would be put into a pot for future dividend payments, and eventually, should the pot grow large enough, to fund improvements.

a fixed sum, or a fixed percentage?

everyone seems to have voted yea, but there is no clear idea as to what they are actually voting for.

marked
Activity: 364
[#][#][#]
i plan on buying some shares, under 100, though.

Can someone explain these kinds of announcements?

The most likely explanation I can think of is that the person really wants to sell and drive the price up a bit. That's just plain childish, being dishonest like that.

The other explanation would be he really wants to buy. Why tell everyone? Maybe the person is so excited in anticipation of his purchase that he just has to tell everyone and neglect the fact that this might even result in a less favorable price for him?

Am I missing an alternative explanation?

btw, @gewure: I put in some quite competitive orders on both sides of the market for you to take. They should satisfy your volume needs. The market is made, now get on with it Wink

lol. just before he asked if somebody wants to buy shares. indeed, i want to, and that is what i have done.

im also not amused by the price dropping instantaniously after i bought my first shares, but ..jesus, dont blame it on me! if i say i buy, i buy!
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
Bitcoins are new, the community spirit is strong, for most people this is more about having fun together than about turning $5 profit.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

The most likely explanation I can think of is that the person really wants to sell and drive the price up a bit. That's just plain childish, being dishonest like that.

The other explanation would be he really wants to buy. Why tell everyone? Maybe the person is so excited in anticipation of his purchase that he just has to tell everyone and neglect the fact that this might even result in a less favorable price for him?

Am I missing an alternative explanation?

btw, @gewure: I put in some quite competitive orders on both sides of the market for you to take. They should satisfy your volume needs. The market is made, now get on with it Wink
Activity: 364
[#][#][#]

[edit] now in with 40 shares
Disregard 39742 and 39802, after paying the first dividend my account balance said I had something left, so I tried to pay it out...to no avail. Your the first dividend is correct if you only own one share...

Just the one at the moment, will be buying more at a later time.

marked.
Dividends have been sent out! 5.0083574 BTC to 4,275 shares, 0.00117155 BTC per share.

Nefario just kicked something into touch, and now I can see the dividend received but:

39682   0.0011715 BTC   dividend   N/A   JLP-BMD   27/02/2012-16:33
39742   0.0000000 BTC   dividend   N/A   JLP-BMD   27/02/2012-16:36
39802   0.0000000 BTC   dividend   N/A   JLP-BMD   27/02/2012-16:36

marked
Pages:
Jump to: