Pages:
Author

Topic: Coca-Cola gets into NFTs for charity - page 3. (Read 324 times)

legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1354
CoinPoker.com
July 28, 2021, 06:21:01 PM
I wouldn't call this adoption yet
It is an adoption since NFTs are part of cryptocurrencies. We can think of most giant companies to have their own NFTs I guess it will boost the market entirely including the top coins since they're now becoming open to it.
Not all NFTs can be considered that part of cryptocurrencies, there are some and a lot of NFT right now that have no connection with cryptocurrency at all, which for me is bad especially it is extremely centralized, that's why NFT in the blockchain is the best feature, decentralization is there.

But this Coca-Cola NFT is in the Ethereum network and in the Decentraland, which for me is a very good choice. Choosing Ethereum is a good move.
Activity: 2786
Merit: 578
July 28, 2021, 06:04:13 PM
Wow, a big company that's going to enter NFTs too.

I wouldn't call this adoption yet
It is an adoption since NFTs are part of cryptocurrencies. We can think of most giant companies to have their own NFTs I guess it will boost the market entirely including the top coins since they're now becoming open to it.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
July 28, 2021, 05:52:42 PM
Well as you have said it is the latest fad in crypto world, so there's no surprised that one of the biggest companies out there like Coca-Cola is getting into NFT and it is with a good cause.

I'm sure there are huge collectors of Coca-Cola memorabilia and could be individuals who are willing to shell out huge money to add the NFT artwork to their collections. Thus resulting into a huge fund raising for Special Olympics International.
Activity: 889
Merit: 60
July 28, 2021, 05:50:13 PM

NFT is the latest trend in cryptocurrency and many companies are rushing to adopt the idea.

I wouldn't call this adoption yet but it's cool, maybe they want to test it for their brand, just to show off that they know what's hot now, as they wouldn't need to raise money.
If this goes well i would see that in the future they could make competitions where prices are nfts. It wouldn't cost them almost anything but would interest the public.
Activity: 1890
Merit: 328
July 28, 2021, 05:35:21 PM

The world's most popular soft drinks giant, Coca Cola has made an official announcement of getting into NFT (Nonfungible Tokens) to raise money for Special Olympics International. The NFT collections, created in partnership with digital designer Tafi, were “inspired by video-game loot boxes” and contain “hidden surprises” available only to those who purchase the artwork. A three-day auction for the Coca-Cola branded NFTs will commence on July 30.

“Each NFT was created to celebrate elements that are core to the Coca-Cola brand, reinterpreted for a virtual world in new and exciting ways,” said Selman Careaga.

NFT is the latest trend in cryptocurrency and many companies are rushing to adopt the idea.

Source: https://cointelegraph.com/news/coca-cola-officially-gets-into-nfts-for-charity?utm_source=Telegram&utm_medium=social
Pages:
Jump to: