Pages:
Author

Topic: CoinChoose - alternative site to show respective profitability of the alt coins - page 40. (Read 150604 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
Why is coinchoose missing like 50% of the coins now?

ARGH!! Nothing from Cryptsy right now!!!  I hate that site Smiley
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Why is coinchoose missing like 50% of the coins now?
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003
a very good feature to the site would be that user can filter what coins he wants to be displayed, all, sha256 or scrypt.
Activity: 88
It seems MemeCoin is stuck at 0.098 difficulty for quite some time while the real coin has been fluctuating between 0.16..0.32 in reality making it ca 2-2.5x less profitable. The block count is way down too on the coinchoose.com. Right now MemeCoin:

"blocks" : 156717,
    "difficulty" : 0.20253732,

which makes it ~2x less profitable or ~ equal to LTC without taking into account orphans (which are a cool 30%).
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
I'll clear up the formatting today.  The PHP function I was using was doing that silly notation....
Activity: 103
It's scientific notation, E-5 means you need to move the value 5 places to the right so 1.37E-5 = 0.0000137

Cool! Thanks a lot for the explanation.  Smiley
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
‘Try to be nice’
Actually - that could be a really cool and universal pricing method in the future for Crypto -?

Coffee 1.2e5 BTC

Cake - 1.0e3 LTC

Bike - 1.3e2 NBL  

Car  - 22 Caps
{with laser rifle hidden under seat}

Don't forget the negative symbol as you need to move the decimal point in the opposite direction for values raised to a positive power. 120,000 BTC is one pricey cup of coffee. Wink

Scientific notation is usually displayed more like this:
1.2 x 105 (raised to a positive power) = 120,000
1.2 x 10-5 (raised to a negative power) = 0.000012

It's just easier in programming terms to use En to represent x 10n

Yes I understand it well  , but it's more logical to simplify it , obviously if it goes positive its positive , so the minus is not needed , and as it is a symbolic notation , for a price , not science , it could still work .  

The point is you just want people to have to visualize zeros ,  so even  "Bike 1.3z4 "

So that just says " add 4 zeros to the front "  

I'm willing to bet that most people don't know scientific notation , so its just as easy to try to make something new and more simple .

I was top of class electronics , didn't pursue it as a trade. Except for here and there .
Activity: 630
Merit: 502
Actually - that could be a really cool and universal pricing method in the future for Crypto -?

Coffee 1.2e5 BTC

Cake - 1.0e3 LTC

Bike - 1.3e2 NBL  

Car  - 22 Caps

Don't forget the negative symbol as you need to move the decimal point in the opposite direction for values raised to a positive power. 120,000 BTC is one pricey cup of coffee. Wink

Scientific notation is usually displayed more like this:
1.2 x 105 (raised to a positive power) = 120,000
1.2 x 10-5 (raised to a negative power) = 0.000012

It's just easier in programming terms to use En to represent x 10n
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
‘Try to be nice’

Coffee 1.2e5 BTC

Cake - 1.0e3 LTC

Bike - 1.3e2 NBL 

Car  - 22 Caps
Activity: 630
Merit: 502
Well, it may be a stupid question, but could someone please explain what all those strange (at least for me) numbers like 1.37E-5 mean? How the fuck to read them on the spot?

It's scientific notation, E-5 means you need to move the value 5 places to the right so 1.37E-5 = 0.0000137

Scientific notation is not really that easy to compare at a glance but this could be easily changed to display in standard notation if sal002 passed the value through the number_format() function. eg:
Code:

$value
=1.37E-5;

echo 
number_format($value8);

?>

Result:
Code:

Or additionally removing unnecessary trailing zeros:
Code:

$value
=1.37E-5;

echo 
rtrim(number_format($value8), 0);

?>

Result:
Code:
Activity: 103
Well, it may be a stupid question, but could someone please explain what all those strange (at least for me) numbers like 1.37E-5 mean? How the fuck to read them on the spot?
Activity: 686
Merit: 504
always the student, never the master.
thanks for Adding Nanotoken sal. we do appreciate it.
Activity: 319
Merit: 250
Would it be easy to make the BTC price show in mBTC? This seems to be a perfect example where mBTC better shows the price of these fraction coins.
I'll add the new new coins (with the API info - thanks!) and fix the GLDCoin logo today. 

Still working on that status chart Smiley
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
Why emerald - EMD is not in coinchoose list? It has quite some trades in coins-e.com
Any info there? The block explorer of EMD:
http://blockexplorer.coinworld.us/chain/Emerald
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030
Twitter @realmicroguy
Thanks for the great job you're doing with Coinchoose. Here is the new official Goldcoin logo:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0lutb7njs7fl63/Logo-Normal.png

Activity: 686
Merit: 504
always the student, never the master.
Activity: 574
How about some information on the number of blocks to the next difficulty retarget, or some estimate on how long until the next difficulty retarget? If I can figure that info out, it has a lot of influence on whether I'll switch over to another coin...
Pages:
Jump to: