Pages:
Author

Topic: CoinChoose - alternative site to show respective profitability of the alt coins - page 41. (Read 150604 times)

Activity: 88
Merit: 10
Coinchoose API temporary broken?
Where is
Argentum
Fastcoin
Bottlecaps
Megacoin

Maybe it's because cryptsy seems down and therefore the market where coinchoose takes their going rate is down and it can't compute the profitability.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Coinchoose API temporary broken?
Where is
Argentum
Fastcoin
Bottlecaps
Megacoin
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
Well, LTC again disappeared from the list of coins this night.
Sal002, one slight addition to my suggestion of returning stales: could you also add a column/JSON field with a datetime of when a coin's data was last updated?
Activity: 356
Merit: 250
looking pretty slick sal. Could you possibly extend the Coin column so the names/icons fit on one line?

anyway to format the name column so the icon and name fits on one line? Probably want to accet the offset lines more too once it becomes all lined up.
Activity: 588
Why emerald - EMD is not in coinchoose list? It has quite some trades in coins-e.com
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
No, the site was up, just LTC was missing from the data returned in JSON.
It would be nice if you continued sending stale data with a flag for the coins, which become unavailable. That way your API consumers would have a better choice to either continue using stale data or to disregard the coin.

Good idea - will add. 
legendary
No, the site was up, just LTC was missing from the data returned in JSON.
It would be nice if you continued sending stale data with a flag for the coins, which become unavailable. That way your API consumers would have a better choice to either continue using stale data or to disregard the coin.
Would be really useful if there were a way to filter the graph for only the coins you're interested in. Right now it's an unreadable mess...

It became an unreadable mess long time ago.

I have a work-in-progress graph that does this (as the old highcharts graph did this but switch to Google's Visualization due to licensing fee from highcharts), plus a coin specific graph to correlate difficulty, hash rate and profitability.  I expect to get those up early next week.
Hm, LTC is down, which is pretty critical.
May I suggest that you continue sending the stale data (at least in JSON), but add a new field, which flags the data as stale?

LTC is working for me, shares accepted, just the website being silly on a number of coins.

That's what I meant. My front-end, Crypto Miners in Tray uses data from CoinChoose to decide what to mine, and this night all my rigs switched to BTC en mass because there were no data from CoinChoose, which currently gets interpreted as profitability=0. (I only mine LTC and BTC)
I think need to incorporate such "stale" handling in my front-end as well to avoid this problem in the future.

I think I will modify the API data to flag the data as stale and keep sending it.

But wait - was the entire site down?  It is up now and everything should cache.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
Would be really useful if there were a way to filter the graph for only the coins you're interested in. Right now it's an unreadable mess...

It became an unreadable mess long time ago.
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
legendary
May I suggest that you continue sending the stale data (at least in JSON), but add a new field, which flags the data as stale?

LTC is working for me, shares accepted, just the website being silly on a number of coins.

That's what I meant. My front-end, Crypto Miners in Tray uses data from CoinChoose to decide what to mine, and this night all my rigs switched to BTC en mass because there were no data from CoinChoose, which currently gets interpreted as profitability=0. (I only mine LTC and BTC)
I think need to incorporate such "stale" handling in my front-end as well to avoid this problem in the future.
erk
Activity: 826

legendary
Activity: 252
i must say i dislike the E-5 business it adds needless thinking into an otherwise instant at a glance realisation and comparison
Activity: 356
looking pretty slick sal. Could you possibly extend the Coin column so the names/icons fit on one line?
No BottleCaps (CAP) on the chart yet? why and/or when?

Thanks

BottleCaps was there - likely Block Explorer went down.  *sigh* my status page is #1 priority now.
I am monitoring - a few of the new coins on the scene still do not have a public block explorer with API access so that limits my ability to add.   PrimeCoin, if I am not mistaken, is a CPU only coin (so it might go on a CPU only page to compare against that other coin), but if it gets added it needs to be segregated so GPU miners aren't confused.  I am still working on a status page so I don't get deluged with all the "I hate you!  You removed BlahCoin!  Are you insane???!?!?" messages when a Block Explorer goes down or a market gets bought up.

I will add rounding in (good idea - I always balance between precision and not Smiley
Activity: 294
sal, any plans to add more coins?
Activity: 826
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Can Primecoin be added to the mining revenue pie chart, I believe it's actually rather high.
Pages:
Jump to: