Pages:
Author

Topic: 💹 Coinlend.org - The lending bot for Poloniex and Bitfinex - page 5. (Read 20875 times)

Activity: 372
Merit: 130
is this service is free or anyone who is using this service ??

Service is 100% free
May I ask you how you make money to keep up the service? Only donations? Is it actually possible?

Yes the project is currently financed by donations!

Check out our new donation bar, to see how many donations we receive and how much we need to keep the service running:

Visit the donation page to see all donation addresses as well as the top donations we received so far: https://coinlend.org/#!Donations.

And if you like the service, please support us by a donation! Smiley
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
So I've been using this for about 6 months now - got to say, I'm really impressed!
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 2342

Service is 100% free
May I ask you how you make money to keep up the service? Only donations? Is it actually possible?
Activity: 634
Merit: 106
Europe Belongs To Christians
Small new feature: Daily interest payments now are also visualized as a chart in the report widget!

it will be good to implement cascade bot and a feature to specify min lead amount
Small new feature: Daily interest payments now are also visualized as a chart in the report widget!

I've seen it many times but because of the scarcity of coins I've never tried it

Then now is a good time to buy some coins Smiley
Seems like a really good idea. But the security would have to be so tight so people don't lose their coins.

There is actually no risk of losing your Coins by using Coinlend since the API keys we need to automate the margin funding, does not require withdrawal permission. Check out our FAQ for more information:

https://coinlend.org/#!FAQ

Nevertheless, security is very important for us to protect the user data and therefore everything at Coinlend is encrypted via SSL, API credentials are stored encrypted and we offer 2FA!
Activity: 185
Merit: 0
I've seen it many times but because of the scarcity of coins I've never tried it
Activity: 72
Seems like a really good idea. But the security would have to be so tight so people don't lose their coins.
Pound Sterling (GBP) and Japanese Yen (JPY) can now be lent on Bitfinex via Coinlend!

Activity: 233
Merit: 10
copper member
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1319
I'm sometimes known as "miniadmin"

Service is 100% free
Often requested an now available: - All balances now can be shown as Euro instead of US-Dollar!

https://twitter.com/Coinlend2017/status/964092344424333312

Hi there, as you can see I'm not Flash10101 but I'll try to answer your question the best way I can.

API keys, work the same way but with some little differences between Poloniex, Bitfinex and every supported platform (I can only speak for Polo and Bit).

In Poloniex, you create an API key, and decide what privileges you give to that key; in this case, and if I recall correctly, you have to authorize Trading, but if I were you, I woudn't authorize withdrawals. That way, the service will never be able to withdraw any fnds, because that API key just can't withdraw anything. Never.

In Bitfinex, it's somehow similar; you have to give that API key Lending privileges (or trading, i don't remember at all) and you just don't click on withdrawals. Problem solved in what the API security is concerned.

For you second concern, you can alway delete any API key, so if the page gets hacked or something odd, you just erase the API, cancel every open order (accepted loans can't be canceled until they finish) and you keep on living as if nothing had happened.

Now, the only problem I can see with this, is that when you give access to it to Trade, on Poloniex, is that in the rare event of the website getting hacked, the only thing hackers could do is to create buy/sell orders lower than current market price, so that your balance goes down to 00.000  But those hackers would be very very bad people, because stealing is one thing, but getting people ruined because you can't steal from them, is something far worse

I hope that I was able to help you

Thanks a lot Csmiami. I really appreciate your help!

Thanks Csmiami for answering the question. One addition: You do NOT have to provide trading rights. And you should not give it. So the hacker could only lend at a very low rate and lock up your funds for 30 to 60 days. That is the worst case we can imagine Smiley

Activity: 3

Hi there, as you can see I'm not Flash10101 but I'll try to answer your question the best way I can.

API keys, work the same way but with some little differences between Poloniex, Bitfinex and every supported platform (I can only speak for Polo and Bit).

In Poloniex, you create an API key, and decide what privileges you give to that key; in this case, and if I recall correctly, you have to authorize Trading, but if I were you, I woudn't authorize withdrawals. That way, the service will never be able to withdraw any fnds, because that API key just can't withdraw anything. Never.

In Bitfinex, it's somehow similar; you have to give that API key Lending privileges (or trading, i don't remember at all) and you just don't click on withdrawals. Problem solved in what the API security is concerned.

For you second concern, you can alway delete any API key, so if the page gets hacked or something odd, you just erase the API, cancel every open order (accepted loans can't be canceled until they finish) and you keep on living as if nothing had happened.

Now, the only problem I can see with this, is that when you give access to it to Trade, on Poloniex, is that in the rare event of the website getting hacked, the only thing hackers could do is to create buy/sell orders lower than current market price, so that your balance goes down to 00.000  But those hackers would be very very bad people, because stealing is one thing, but getting people ruined because you can't steal from them, is something far worse

Thanks a lot Csmiami. I really appreciate your help!
copper member
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1319
I'm sometimes known as "miniadmin"
Guten Tag flash10101!

I'm very intrigued about your platform and I'm seriously considering to take a fair amount of my bank account savings and put them into your lending system (my bank gives my <1% in interests, so like millions and millions of other customers I'm effectively losing money by having them there Undecided ).
I'm however a bit apprehensive regarding the zero-risk you proclaim to have. You say that:

"Storing your API credentials at Coinlend does not contain any risk. No withdrawal of funds or trading is possible with these credentials. Even with the slight chance that Coinlend gets hacked and your credentials get stolen - the hacker could not do anything harmful with them.
Which platforms are supported?
Currently, we support the exchanges Poloniex and Bitfinex. Further, platforms like Quoine will follow in the future."

My old man has always raised me with the expression: "nothing comes from nothing" . Regarding this example he would say something like: "there is always risks"  Wink

Say some hackers - hypothetically speaking - actually did hack your system and tried to make a run for it with a bunch of the platforms/lenders crypto.
1) Why are they not able to do anything harmful with them?
2) And even though they with 100% certainty couldn't use them for anything, I suppose that I couldn't stop the lending and withdraw my crypto either. Is that correct?

3) I guess it follows from my questions that I don't quite understand API credentials and their impact on the system. Can you - in brief - explain the principle behind them?

Activity: 3
Guten Tag flash10101!

I'm very intrigued about your platform and I'm seriously considering to take a fair amount of my bank account savings and put them into your lending system (my bank gives my <1% in interests, so like millions and millions of other customers I'm effectively losing money by having them there Undecided ).
I'm however a bit apprehensive regarding the zero-risk you proclaim to have. You say that:

"Storing your API credentials at Coinlend does not contain any risk. No withdrawal of funds or trading is possible with these credentials. Even with the slight chance that Coinlend gets hacked and your credentials get stolen - the hacker could not do anything harmful with them.
Which platforms are supported?
Currently, we support the exchanges Poloniex and Bitfinex. Further, platforms like Quoine will follow in the future."

My old man has always raised me with the expression: "nothing comes from nothing" . Regarding this example he would say something like: "there is always risks"  Wink

Say some hackers - hypothetically speaking - actually did hack your system and tried to make a run for it with a bunch of the platforms/lenders crypto.
1) Why are they not able to do anything harmful with them?
2) And even though they with 100% certainty couldn't use them for anything, I suppose that I couldn't stop the lending and withdraw my crypto either. Is that correct?

3) I guess it follows from my questions that I don't quite understand API credentials and their impact on the system. Can you - in brief - explain the principle behind them?
We just added a little handy feature: by switching on the "hide small balances" toggle, you now can hide empty and small balances (smaller than $10). The toggle only shows up if you have some dust to hide.
Very interesting, indeed! I have tried the lending feature at Poloniex before but I didn't gain that much. Still, I'll choose to trade even if it is associated with risk. Yes, there is no way you could lose your investment by lending through either of the mentioned sites. However, do Polo and Bitfinex have that many members which use lending? Not to mention that the interest rate preferred by most borrowers are very low to which you can only earn a couple bit of dollars instead of a good profit.

Anyways, good luck in your project. And I do really know that this program only intends to help users in making their lending life easier as much as possible.

The ROI heavily depends on the Coins to lend. USD for example provides pretty constant > 30% interest p.a. at very low risk.

The lending market is huge! There are many margin traders Wink

I want to see testimony of these boot users, what is the average profit in 1 week, most interest on loan in exchange is very small, I think it will be difficult to get a satisfactory profit..

You can check the daily average rates on coinlend.org or join our telegram channel. Maybe someone reveals his profits Smiley

https://t.me/CoinlendOfficial
Pages:
Jump to: