Author

Topic: CoinMarketCap.com - Market Cap Rankings of All Cryptocurrencies! - page 142. (Read 639534 times)

Activity: 179
Merit: 100
Imperial Coin Owner / Developer
tAP
Activity: 238
Please add Pawncoin to the website - it would really help those of us to get an accurate imagine overall of what is taking place with this coin.  The devs are active in the thread as well.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/deleted-508824

It's already listed on Bitrex Cryptorush and another as well
Activity: 41
Merit: 0

Worldcoin disappeared again.
is the coin explorer wdc.cryptocoinexplorer.com not working?
want to consider switching the the always working  http://www.worldcoinexplorer.com/  instead?

looks like wdc.cryptocoinexplorer.com doesn't like to work when Worldcoin is having a good day.. second time in 1 week...
wonder what causing them to fai...

but good thing Worldcoin has multiple coinexplorders.

Activity: 168
Activity: 531
Merit: 260
Vires in Numeris
Should Ripple not also be marked as [** Significantly Premined]?..
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
it would help to remove vircurex from the index to get more accurate prices again
Activity: 22
Hi Gliss, I had a question about how you calculate prices. It looks like when there are several markets, you are calculating the average. I was wondering if it mike be better to use the median. That way if there is an extreme, like for example PPC at Vircurex going through the roof right now because people are using it to get around frozen BTC xfers, the prices on Coinmarketcap would more accurately reflect the center of the population. For example the price for PPC at Vircurex is about $4 right now. The price reported on coinmarketcap.com is $3.03. If you look at every exchange except Vircurex, the correct price is somewhere between $2.60-2.68. Using the median for price would "fix" this problem.

edit: looks like you are actually using a weighted mean. maybe use a weighted median instead?
Activity: 635
Whens Greececoin being added? its now on few exchanges
Activity: 167

Coinmarketcap, love your site! Please Add EduCoin as soon as you can.

Bitcointalk: bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=486600.0
Block explorer:  educhain.mycryptoco.in/chain/EduCoin
Exchange:  www.cryptoaltex.com/index.php?page=trade&market=20
API: www.cryptoaltex.com/index.php?page=api
Activity: 826
Can we add a premine filter, and make it default?
oh yes please!
Activity: 493
Great work on indicating which coins are heavily premined, you'll save new investors a lot of money.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023
Based on feedback:

I added a disclaimer for significantly premined coins, and updated the formatting for prices in BTC (will now show in Satoshis), and also right aligned number columns.

https://www.cryptorush.in/index.php?p=trading&m=APH&b=BTC

aphrodite coin on cryptorush, please add!

Updated thanks.

The disclaimer is not enough --- you're presenting inaccurate numbers and for those people who are using your site for information it's misleading and disingenuous. It encourages massive pump and dumps of these coins (which is obviously what the creators want) that loses a lot of people a lot of money, but more importantly, taints the cryptoworld and hurts every coin in the long run.

You either need to filter them out by default or calculate the market cap based upon the non pre-mined coins, because everyone knows that if all the coins were on the market the price would be way way less.

Otherwise, your site has zero credibility.

Would you use a new page that showed rankings based on coins in circulation?  So the formula would be Market Cap = (Total Supply - Number Premined) * price

I don't think it would be accurate to call that market cap though, we'd need a different name for it.

Actual coins in circulation value
Coins available to market total value
Actual value minus pre-mine
True value minus pre-mine
Market cap minus pre-mine value

Or variations.

Just ideas. I did like having a huge advantage over people that don't own calculators but all good things must end Tongue
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
Also, it needs to be the default setting so when you go to the front page, it doesn't have massively pre-mined coins like Aurora, Aphrodite, etc. in the top 10.
Based on feedback:

I added a disclaimer for significantly premined coins, and updated the formatting for prices in BTC (will now show in Satoshis), and also right aligned number columns.

Updated thanks.

The disclaimer is not enough --- you're presenting inaccurate numbers and for those people who are using your site for information it's misleading and disingenuous. It encourages massive pump and dumps of these coins (which is obviously what the creators want) that loses a lot of people a lot of money, but more importantly, taints the cryptoworld and hurts every coin in the long run.

You either need to filter them out by default or calculate the market cap based upon the non pre-mined coins, because everyone knows that if all the coins were on the market the price would be way way less.

Would you use a new page that showed rankings based on coins in circulation?  So the formula would be Market Cap = (Total Supply - Number Premined) * price

I don't think it would be accurate to call that market cap though, we'd need a different name for it.

You can call it market cap coins in circulation.

Market Cap = (Total Supply - Number not in circulation) * price

For auroacoin: (10,627,476 - 10,500,000) * 15,44 = 1,968,229

Yes, this is exactly what you need to do. Why would premining increase the market cap? Think about it --- you don't count all the coins that could be in circulation for non pre-mined coins (all the coins yet to be mined), so you shouldn't count pre-mined coins that are not part of the market.
Activity: 22
I added a disclaimer for significantly premined coins

Thanks for doing this Gliss and in general for your site that I visit check nearly every day Smiley  I hope it's enough. Maybe you could do something like put the market cap of just the coins that do circulate in parenthesis next to the current numbers.
Activity: 779
Merit: 502
Based on feedback:

Updated thanks.

Would you use a new page that showed rankings based on coins in circulation?  So the formula would be Market Cap = (Total Supply - Number Premined) * price

You can call it market cap coins in circulation.

Market Cap = (Total Supply - Number not in circulation) * price

For auroacoin: (10,627,476 - 10,500,000) * 15,44 = 1,968,229
Activity: 870
Trading will make me rich)
Based on feedback:

Updated thanks.

+1000000
Activity: 258
Merit: 252
Based on feedback:

Updated thanks.

Would you use a new page that showed rankings based on coins in circulation?  So the formula would be Market Cap = (Total Supply - Number Premined) * price

Based on feedback:

Updated thanks.

Jump to: