Pages:
Author

Topic: Coinorama.net - BTC markets & network charts + blocks list - page 8. (Read 24005 times)

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
Thanks for the info, a bit clearer to me now.
Any reason why Bitstamp is way below 1? (I think it was around .4 or so) on the bid/ask ratio chart).

Also, have you played with combining the ratio chart with any other indicators? I have a feeling there might be something there.  Wink   But, just a feeling...
Activity: 354
Merit: 251
coinorama.net
Hi,

What you describe is expected as the "normalized" Bids/Asks ratio depends on the rate.
So, if the rate goes up, the "normalized" ratio goes down, and vice-versa.

Example :
Rate is 120 USD/BTC
Bids/Asks ratio is 150 USD/BTC (meaning : the order book contains 150 USD of bids for each BTC of asks)
Then, the normalized Bids/Asks ratio is : 150/120 = 1.25 (meaning: the bids/asks ratio is greater than the rate)
If the rate goes down, the normalized ratio goes up because of the widening gap between Bids/Asks ratio and rate.
If the rate goes up, the normalized ratio goes down because of the shrinking gap between Bids/Asks ratio and rate.

If the rate is stable and the Bids/Asks ratio changes, that means the order book has been modified.

Looking at the normalized ratio is not easy because you have to track rate movements as well.
However, it is a shortcut to compare the order book to the rate.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
Thanks again for the link in the other thread. Having fun with the ratio chart but I have a problem.

You said that buying is synonymous with a ratio over 1. But, it you look at the first two charts on the left side - 1. price & 2. ratio,
it seems that the ratio dropping is synonymous with the price going up and vice versa. I understand the ratio is above 1 overall, but isn't something off or what am I missing?

See pic below, especially far right side showing divergence.

IAS

coinorama.net
Thanks for the positive comments Smiley
I have candlesticks in my roadmap, but I'd like to adress a few other features first.

Cheers !
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1002
I always about more charts!  Is there candle stick views available?  Thank you.

love your charts. add in the candle sticks and it will be super.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I always about more charts!  Is there candle stick views available?  Thank you.
coinorama.net
Does look very nice. Can someone confirm no act of malicious intent from OP?
Well, I am trying to be as accurate as possible. My data come directly from the exchange.
When the platform is mature and stable, I think I'll release it under GPL. Then, you'll be able to serve your very own Coinorama.

The website have been updated many times since last week.
Among the most important changes :
  • Bitstamp data are now available (first record created yesterday, one-week and two-weeks charts will need some time to be complete)
  • Webpage title is updated regularly, with a little arrow indicating rate's evolution
  • Fixed an issue experienced by Firefox users (slowdown of the mouse tooltip after some updates)
  • Fixed an issue with the lag measurement of MtGox
  • Added 2-weeks view

This week-end, I'll implement a new feature (which AFAIK is not available on other charting websites), stay tuned !
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
Does look very nice. Can someone confirm no act of malicious intent from OP?
coinorama.net
In an announcement it's good to say what your site actually does Wink

Oh yeah, sorry, I posted that in a rush Smiley

So, the website currently shows MtGox BTC/USD trading history (supporting more exchanges and currencies is in the roadmap).
Left side shows :
  • conversion rate
  • demand vs. offer ratio (basically, >1 hints that traders are in a buying mood)
  • transaction volumes
  • engine and socket lag

Right side shows :
  • order book evolution (gaps between asks and bids)
  • order book (cumulative or not)

The view is refreshed every 10 seconds.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1023
Democracy is the original 51% attack
In an announcement it's good to say what your site actually does Wink
coinorama.net
Hi everybody,

I am glad to announce : http://www.coinorama.net
I hope it can be useful. Of course, there are some limitations, hopefully it will be addressed with time.
Do not hesitate to post feedbacks, ideas, etc. !

Current Status - 17th January 2016

The website will be taken offline around January 19th.

Source code is now available under AGPL at : https://github.com/coinorama/coinorama
Pages:
Jump to: