Pages:
Author

Topic: Coinorama.net - BTC markets & network charts + blocks list - page 6. (Read 24005 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
Still a great website, still using it almost daily (and I donated a while ago). Now even better Smiley
Activity: 354
Merit: 251
coinorama.net
Hello,

Kraken exchange is shown again.
I also added a couple of options to show/hide the Bids/Asks ratio and Lag charts.

Greetings !
coinorama.net

Sure, it's ready.
As soon as some USD trading activity happens, it'll be shown Smiley
coinorama.net
umm...did my namesake have anything to do with this??

nope
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
umm...did my namesake have anything to do with this??
coinorama.net
Hello,

Just found a couple of minutes to tweak Coinorama a little :
  • added 6-hours view
  • extended 2 months view to 3 months
  • set update delay to 3 seconds (instead of 4)
  • hide Kraken exchange while it's offline

Don't forget to refresh the webpage to make sure your browser detects file changes !
coinorama.net
Hi,
I just performed a small update to fix minor bugs and added 2-months view (looks buggy right now though).
Besides, I disabled Kraken exchange for now as it is not really trading yet.
July ends in a few hours, I didn't get any donation this month Sad. Thus, I'll probably move the service to a cheaper host in a couple of months.
legendary
yes. works now Smiley
coinorama.net
Hey. Just wanted to report back and say that your site, in it's current form, is fantastic. Not much more I could think of to improve, expect maybe for the still sometimes hard to read font (then again, I work on a pretty small screen).

One minor bug report, I think: all settings are stored correctly by your cookie other than the "merge multiple exchanges" button. Unless that's on purpose.

Finally, I'll see that I'll get to make a donation as soon as I hold btc again. Well worth it!

Thanks Smiley

About that bug, I checked the code and tried to reproduce it, but it works fine on my side.
Can you hit "Reload" a couple of times so that your browser gets the most up-to-date files ?
Cheers !
legendary
Hey. Just wanted to report back and say that your site, in it's current form, is fantastic. Not much more I could think of to improve, expect maybe for the still sometimes hard to read font (then again, I work on a pretty small screen).

One minor bug report, I think: all settings are stored correctly by your cookie other than the "merge multiple exchanges" button. Unless that's on purpose.

Finally, I'll see that I'll get to make a donation as soon as I hold btc again. Well worth it!
coinorama.net
Hi everybody,

I just uploaded a new version of the website with a new feature : the highs and lows of the rate are now displayed.
This feature is enabled by default, but you may turn it off in the Preferences. Don't forget to reload the page in your browser !

A few days ago, Coinorama celebrated its first-month anniversary. It has been an exciting and hard-working month, I hope you're enjoying it as much as I do Smiley
Well, it seems like it as the website currently receives between 150 and 200 unique visits per day !

A quick note about donations. Until now, I have received two donations for a total amount of 95 mBTC, many thanks to the donators !
I really count on your generosity to help me pay hosting fees, I hope we can achieve that goal by the end of this summer.
coinorama.net
Hi,
I just re-enabled Kraken. They were running a trading tournament last week, the data feeds took a couple of days to return to service.
Don't forget  to reload the page so that your browser fetches the updated files.
Greetings !
coinorama.net
Hi everybody,

Here comes another update for Coinorama !
Changes include :
  • Configuration saving with a cookie
  • Optional merging of the selected exchanges (not fully complete)
  • Improved volume chart when showing multiple exchanges

Unfortunately, I didn't have enough time to improve the live rate display for multiple exchanges, sorry joesmoe2012  Embarrassed

Enjoy !
coinorama.net
Maybe add the price for multiple view in big numbers on each exchange so it's easy to see with just a glance.

Sure, thanks for the suggestion. I added it to my todo-list Smiley
Man, that's one busy week-end ahead of me !
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
Maybe add the price for multiple view in big numbers on each exchange so it's easy to see with just a glance.
coinorama.net
yea, thats not hacking. You designed a website. How in the world can you call it hacking?

Design is a really small part of Coinorama... (actually the whole thing was designed offline, by playing with the Gnuplot software)
Please visit this thread to learn about the birth of this project : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/mt-gox-chart-trying-to-get-the-best-out-of-gnuplot-210202

What you don't see behind your browser is the whole infrastructure to :
  • fetch data from exchange
  • store and aggregate data to form the different views (1 hour, 1 week, etc.)
  • serve these data so that the website can draw charts

This infrastructure is made of two components : Coinwatcher and Coinrefd.
Coinwatcher fetches and store data from exchanges (actually, one coinwatcher instance per exchange). Currently, it is about 1500 lines of Python code.
Coinrefd receives new data from Coinwatchers and serves them via the web server. Currently, it is about 2500 lines of C code.

Working on such stuff, as oda.krell replied, is named (since the early '80s) : hacking.
If you want to know more, I strongly advise you to read books about the history of Unix, Linux and Free Software Smiley
legendary
yea, thats not hacking. You designed a website. How in the world can you call it hacking?

Who made you Fuhrer of the grammar nazis? He obviously meant "hacking" in the "coding" sense (which he does, unless you don't consider implementing charting and analysis algorithms coding). See point 4. under "hack", Jargon File a.k.a The Hacker's Dictionary:

4. /vt./ To work on something (typically a program). In an immediate sense: "What are you doing?" "I'm hacking TECO."
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Activity: 119
Merit: 100
BitcoinMoxy.com
Added Coinorama to BitcoinMoxy.com in section Charts & Stats.

What settings do you use for your moving averages?

Pages:
Jump to: