Pages:
Author

Topic: CoinPayments Coin Vote - page 2. (Read 7425 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
February 27, 2014, 01:40:35 PM
Congrats to all the coins that got in, I know for iCoin it's going to open a lot of doors Smiley

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
February 27, 2014, 01:27:00 PM
Ok, we have our winners:

PandaCoin 79 votes
KlondikeCoin 64
iCoin 46
Maxcoin 39
Diamond 19

And a wildcard pick from us:

MintCoin

You can see the full adjusted results at https://www.coinpayments.net/vote

We'll try to have all the new coins online within 24-48 hours barring any issues. We may add a couple of the runner ups in the next week or two, but no promises on that.

Awesome news. Can't wait to spend my PND on some electronics.
I guess that Reddit "shit" did help a little bit in the end, didn't it?

Wink
legendary
Activity: 1030
Merit: 1000
February 27, 2014, 01:20:50 PM
Awesome. I'd vote for Mintcoin  Smiley
Activity: 290
Merit: 250
CoinPayments
February 27, 2014, 01:11:34 PM
Yes, next time we'll post a rule list and make it more clear.

Edit: We have 11.5k more iCoins for sale at CoinRush if anyone is interested in buying. Depending on how long it takes we may have to send the iCoin BTC to The Water Project at a later date, I don't want to delay the vote donation.
Activity: 774
Merit: 554
CEO Diamond Foundation
February 27, 2014, 01:04:15 PM
popshot, you are right that we didn't post enough on the rules; we were building on our previous votes and the things we said then but not everyone was there for those. Basically we are working on the rule of this: 1 vote per person and they did the donation themselves; nobody else paid for them and they are not rewarded/reimbursed for their vote. Or in other words if someone has to try to justify how something wasn't cheating, it's probably cheating.

Fair enough, just wanted to leave my feedback.

However, after seeing the results I'm pretty sure you got carried away in your assessment on what was good and what was bad. A lot of our members will be upset, that's for sure.
It's a hard lesson for us. Next time, we won't be assuming what is allowed, but at the same time I urge you to refine your rules to avoid disappointment in the future.

Regards
Activity: 154
February 27, 2014, 12:40:52 PM
Hi All,

Since the voting has been completed, the iCoin team will be donating 13 000 iCoin towards the charity as a goodwill gesture, even if some of our users voted more then
once which can be understandable with the passionate community we have. Like Pandacoin we were really behind the coinpayments vote as this is really important for us,
not because of the merchants that already exist on coinpayments but for new merchants that want to accept iCoin.

So even before the final winners are announced we are giving the iCoin regardless if we make it this round or not.

It's really good to see Coinpayments is backed by a honest and legitimate team.

This is awesome news! I had no idea it was going to be that high, fantastic. Also, I've just confirmed that if we obtain partnership with coinpayments, we also already have a current merchant on coinpayments that would like to accept iCoin upon us joining, in addition to 2 other merchants that would be getting a new account through coinpayments. All good news!
CoinPayments
February 27, 2014, 12:38:56 PM
Ok, we have our winners:

PandaCoin 79 votes
KlondikeCoin 64
iCoin 46
Maxcoin 39
Diamond 19

And a wildcard pick from us:

MintCoin

You can see the full adjusted results at https://www.coinpayments.net/vote

We'll try to have all the new coins online within 24-48 hours barring any issues. We may add a couple of the runner ups in the next week or two, but no promises on that.
CoinPayments
February 27, 2014, 11:13:35 AM
popshot, you are right that we didn't post enough on the rules; we were building on our previous votes and the things we said then but not everyone was there for those. Basically we are working on the rule of this: 1 vote per person and they did the donation themselves; nobody else paid for them and they are not rewarded/reimbursed for their vote. Or in other words if someone has to try to justify how something wasn't cheating, it's probably cheating.

---------------

You're a little late for the vote UTC supporters, maybe next time Smiley
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
February 27, 2014, 11:07:01 AM
Activity: 182
February 27, 2014, 10:25:59 AM
 Cool   UTC   Cool
Activity: 10
February 27, 2014, 10:11:03 AM
UTC UTC UTC   Cool
Activity: 322
February 27, 2014, 10:04:12 AM
UTC UTC UTC UTC UTC UTC UTC UTC UTC

please add!
Activity: 210
February 27, 2014, 10:01:32 AM
As a member of the PND community... We're not scammers or bots. We just really aggressively push our coin. ;^)

I can also say this is true as member of PND community, just look at tweets, IRC, Reddit, this blog as we have really actively rallied our coin community for votes.
Activity: 28
February 27, 2014, 08:52:17 AM
I really hope you guys check the subreddits out to see who actually has a community.
PND definitely has a community, I can't say the same for diamond, klondike
Not only that, PND is extremely active on 4chan.
Please consider the follwoing:

PND (428 subscribed very active): http://www.reddit.com/r/therealpandacoin
Klondike (77 subscribed, barely any activity): http://www.reddit.com/r/klondikecoin  
I0coin: none
iXcoin 17 subscriers: http://www.reddit.com/r/Ixcoin
Diamondcoin: None

Now tell me, honestly
Who has the most legitimate votes?

Reddit is not a great way of working out the popularity of a coin, or at least KDC, we haven't yet pushed our subreddit or are active in it. Take a look at our forum thread, we have one of the biggest threads in this subforum. We certainly have not botted the vote, the community have taken it upon themselves to organise the promotion of voting, us devs have had little to no involvement.

Reddit.com is crap!!!! If you need to compare the popularity of a coin based on Reddit then you need to stop taking drugs and stop drinking. The number of miners for a coin can be used as how to define how big your community is, how many post on the forum (by different users ofcourse), how many time a coin is said on twitter, but please don't talk about shit Reddit.com Cheesy

Because Reddit has nothing to do with Dogecoin' success.

Keep telling yourself that.
legendary
Activity: 1120
February 27, 2014, 07:59:28 AM
I really hope you guys check the subreddits out to see who actually has a community.

Klondike (77 subscribed, barely any activity): http://www.reddit.com/r/klondikecoin  

Now tell me, honestly

Reddit is not a great way of working out the popularity of a coin, or at least KDC, we haven't yet pushed our subreddit or are active in it. Take a look at our forum thread, we have one of the biggest threads in this subforum. We certainly have not botted the vote, the community have taken it upon themselves to organise the promotion of voting, us devs have had little to no involvement.

Reddit.com is crap!!!! If you need to compare the popularity of a coin based on Reddit then you need to stop taking drugs and stop drinking. The number of miners for a coin can be used as how to define how big your community is, how many post on the forum (by different users ofcourse), how many time a coin is said on twitter, but please don't talk about shit Reddit.com Cheesy
Activity: 126
KlondikeCoin - Get Real Gold !
February 27, 2014, 07:55:41 AM
My guess for the true winning list.

1. Diamond
2. iCoin
3. Maxcoin
4. Smartcoin
5. Vertcoin

Getting out popcorn.

Diamand, iCoin were cheating!!! As most likely for ALL coins they were people that broke the rule, but you cannot judge a coin, a full community because there were maybe a few cheaters. I'm sure that coinpayment are professional enough and they will find all the cheater votes and remove them as it should be, but still i believe that the Top 5 will be the same.

Maxcoin also had a huge pump, 10 votes in less then 10 mins, so... as i said, all coins has cheated, i'm sure, as there are ALWAYS people that don't follow the rules. Look at Grumpy on mintpal, but those votes were corrected by the mintpal people, and coinpayment will do the same.

Im sure CoinPayments.net will do a good audit of all the votes. And that KDC has gotten enough legimate votes to make it (at least, I hope so)

We understand (and noticed in our forum) that some KDC lovers did vote more then once, because of their enthousiasm for KDC. We realize this could be harmfull for us. On the other hand, I have faith that KDC has gotten enough "legal'" votes to show there IS an active community who would like to see KDC added to CoinPayments.net.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
February 27, 2014, 07:52:00 AM

Now tell me, honestly

legendary
Activity: 1120
February 27, 2014, 07:46:49 AM
My guess for the true winning list.

1. Diamond
2. iCoin
3. Maxcoin
4. Smartcoin
5. Vertcoin

Getting out popcorn.

Diamand, iCoin were cheating!!! As most likely for ALL coins they were people that broke the rule, but you cannot judge a coin, a full community because there were maybe a few cheaters. I'm sure that coinpayment are professional enough and they will find all the cheater votes and remove them as it should be, but still i believe that the Top 5 will be the same.

Maxcoin also had a huge pump, 10 votes in less then 10 mins, so... as i said, all coins has cheated, i'm sure, as there are ALWAYS people that don't follow the rules. Look at Grumpy on mintpal, but those votes were corrected by the mintpal people, and coinpayment will do the same.
Activity: 126
KlondikeCoin - Get Real Gold !
February 27, 2014, 07:42:49 AM
Many talking trash about Klondike and that we have no community. So much jalousy

Big lol.  Im sure there are a few folks who voted more then once. But as far as I know we did not use bots. We did use Twitter, IRC and in our forum to ask ppl to vote for us.

KDC members have started price contests to motivate people to vote for KDC. The Dev team did not ask these members to set such thing up, but ofc we encourage all (legal) initiatives that come from the community.

And I dont think the amount of ppl on reddit says anything about a community. Im very active for KDC here, but I do not have a reddit account. Lol.

P.s. The KDC dev team DID NOT encourage ANYONE to abuse the voting system. In fact, we told ppl to just vote ONCE. Please bare this in mind.
Pages:
Jump to: