Pages:
Author

Topic: Coinroll.it - Dice rolling game | Instant bets | Off-the-chain | 1% House edge - page 40. (Read 81545 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Changing avatars is currently not possible.
Then everyone will play under 1 everytime, increasing wining chances!

All the bets have about a 1% house edge.  Betting <1 every time will cost you about 1% of everything you bet on it in the long run, whether you're making other bets at the same time or not.

SatoshiDice used to let you make multiple bets per roll, but they stopped allowing that back in January - presumably because allowing multiple dependant bets gives people a way of effectively exceeding the max bet.  If I'm only allowed to bet 1 BTC on <32000, maybe I can bypass that restriction by putting 1 BTC on <32000 and another 1 BTC on <32001 on the same spin?

So long as the site is careful to limit its total exposure per roll, taking all bets into account, I see nothing wrong with allowing it. But it might clutter the interface if not implemented nicely.

Just have each separate bet deplete from the maximum allowable bet.  About the clutter I thought that also, and there's ways around that such as leaving the default betting screen how it is now, and allowing someone to select a different screen with the more options if they want.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1333

All the bets have about a 1% house edge.  Betting <1 every time will cost you about 1% of everything you bet on it in the long run, whether you're making other bets at the same time or not.

SatoshiDice used to let you make multiple bets per roll, but they stopped allowing that back in January - presumably because allowing multiple dependant bets gives people a way of effectively exceeding the max bet.  If I'm only allowed to bet 1 BTC on <32000, maybe I can bypass that restriction by putting 1 BTC on <32000 and another 1 BTC on <32001 on the same spin?

So long as the site is careful to limit its total exposure per roll, taking all bets into account, I see nothing wrong with allowing it. But it might clutter the interface if not implemented nicely.
[...] and/or multiple bets on one roll.

Wait what?
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Swiss Money all around me!
[...] and/or multiple bets on one roll.
Quietly surpassed 1 million rolls.  Here's an idea to add something to the game;  How about allowing the choice to roll greater than a number to win, and/or multiple bets on one roll.
Activity: 293
Here's a suggestion: as well as '2x', how about a 'martingale' button, which multiplies your bet by whatever it needs to be multiplied by to cover previous losses and still make the same profit when you eventually win...

That's a great idea actually. Drunken math = legit math.

In general though, why wouldn't you reveal each day's secret the moment you stop using it?  I don't see any need to wait once the secret is no longer being used.

It's arbitrary I guess. 4 hours is not a long time considering the 12 hour average wait for the day to be over.

Another thing...  I've seen a few people with coinroll ads in their signature, and they've all been very hard to read with the dark forum theme I use:

Oh, didn't even know that you can use a different forum theme.
legendary
Another thing...  I've seen a few people with coinroll ads in their signature, and they've all been very hard to read with the dark forum theme I use:

I expect they're using formatting code that you supply.  If so, you should have it specify both the foreground and background colours.  Unless you want it to be white-on-white and hard to read.
legendary
PS: Your script is awesome.

Thanks.

I just ran it again using the latest db dump and secrets.

It said:

Code:
missing secret for 05-25-2013
missing secret for 05-24-2013
884904 right and 0 wrong

I guess I caught it at a bad time when there's more than 24 hours worth of bets which haven't had their secrets revealed yet.

In general though, why wouldn't you reveal each day's secret the moment you stop using it?  I don't see any need to wait once the secret is no longer being used.
legendary
New stuff!

Added 3 new buttons

2x
Doubles your existing bet. This might be useful for people who play martingale.

Here's a suggestion: as well as '2x', how about a 'martingale' button, which multiplies your bet by whatever it needs to be multiplied by to cover previous losses and still make the same profit when you eventually win...

When you're playing a game which pays out 2x, the button should multiply your bet by 2.  But when you're playing a game with a different multiplier, you need to multiply your bet by a different amount to effectively play the martingale strategy.

When the payout multiplier is N, you need to multiply your bet by N/(N-1) each time to get the same profit when you win.

So when you're playing the 2x (50/50) game, you multiply your bet by 2/(2-1) = 2/1 = 2 each time (traditional martingale).

But if you're playing a game that pays out 11x when you win, you only need to multiply your bet by 11/(11-1) = 11/10 = 1.1 each time.

For example, you bet 1 BTC on the 11x payout game.  If you win, you get 11 BTC, for a profit of 10 BTC.
If you lose, multiply your bet by 1.1 and bet 1.1 BTC.  If you win, you get 12.1 BTC, for a profit of 12.1 - (1 + 1.1) = 12.1 - 2.1 = 10 BTC.  So you get the same profit if you multiply your bet by 1.1 in that case.

I'm drunk.  Can you tell?  But I think my maths is right.  Smiley
caught this watching the live betting stream: https://coinroll.it/bet/2209141e8292

that lucky fu......  Tongue

Lots of lucky players in the last 24 hours.

Why do you prefer the 0-65535 (note that's the range they draw from - 64000 is the highest you're allowed to pick, but the site can pick higher) range of coinroll to the 0-100% range of primedice?

They seem pretty much equivalent to me (except than everyone knows 25% is a quarter, whereas it takes a while to work out whether 16500 is more or less than a quarter of 65536).  ie. percentages are more intuitive for those of us who tend to work in base 10 (and I think that's everyone except Luke-jr isn't it?)

Hopefully with the slider I've added it will be much easier to set arbitrary odds.

PS: Your script is awesome.
New stuff!

Added 3 new buttons

2x
Doubles your existing bet. This might be useful for people who play martingale.

Max
Places the maximum bet allowed by your balance and the game you're playing.

Set Odds
Pops a slider that you can use to make arbitrary games by just setting your desired winning odds.
Activity: 173
Merit: 102
caught this watching the live betting stream: https://coinroll.it/bet/2209141e8292

that lucky fu......  Tongue
Activity: 566
Merit: 500
Why do you prefer the 0-65535 (note that's the range they draw from - 64000 is the highest you're allowed to pick, but the site can pick higher) range of coinroll to the 0-100% range of primedice?
Tuning in here, as I have played both and also much prefer Coinroll over Primedice.

It was surprising to find out this preference nearly instantly after landing on the site ... when analyzing the reasons, I find the Coinroll site slightly more usable and aesthetically appealing, but the main reason may be that -

We have been conditioned to the satisfaction created by the strange 65535 range by Satoshidice (and bittbattle.me for me, which I have played a few hundred rounds)!

I also am in profit with Coinroll, while Primedice turned an awful losing streak right in the start. There we go, the preference not really being a mystery after breaking it down to the elements Smiley
legendary
One thing i like about coinroll is the instant result as well as draw number is varied from 0 - 64000, as compared to primedice, which is 0.00 - 100.00 (equivalent to 10000)

They seem pretty much equivalent to me (except than everyone knows 25% is a quarter, whereas it takes a while to work out whether 16500 is more or less than a quarter of 65536).  ie. percentages are more intuitive for those of us who tend to work in base 10 (and I think that's everyone except Luke-jr isn't it?)
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
One thing i like about coinroll is the instant result as well as draw number is varied from 0 - 64000, as compared to primedice, which is 0.00 - 100.00 (equivalent to 10000)

and yes, i lost a few amount of btc at first, judging at the handy profit statement at the right side, previously it was -0.001 thingy, and finally i got it all back to a profit of 0.019  Grin

Is there a way for me to import all of my previous bets so that i can make an analysis of my betting?
Some changes:

• Multipliers now have 5 significant digits
  • You can see a list of your transactions by clicking the paper icon next to the Withdraw button
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
I confirm that I have received the prize from Scrat Acorns. (see https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/5-btc-giveaway-ended-197242)

I wish Coinroll.it to become a big success, he has built a great site that will beat all the inferior competitors! SatoshiDice should be very afraid!

I will personally be using Coinroll.it when demonstrating bitcoin to new people. Usually, I give them a few mBTCs, so there's not enough money to buy anything, but they can donate or gamble.

Grats to you, and other winners.
Activity: 745
Merit: 501
Thank you for releasing this script. As promised, I tipped you.

Thanks.  Smiley

I'll let you know if I ever get around to making browser extensions to do this automatically for each user individually.

Would definitely pay to see that coming to fruition.
Activity: 130
Merit: 100
I confirm that I have received the prize from Scrat Acorns. (see https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/5-btc-giveaway-ended-197242)

I wish Coinroll.it to become a big success, he has built a great site that will beat all the inferior competitors! SatoshiDice should be very afraid!

I will personally be using Coinroll.it when demonstrating bitcoin to new people. Usually, I give them a few mBTCs, so there's not enough money to buy anything, but they can donate or gamble.
legendary
Thank you for releasing this script. As promised, I tipped you.

Thanks.  Smiley

I'll let you know if I ever get around to making browser extensions to do this automatically for each user individually.
Pages:
Jump to: